It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Jet Stream North America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sure i take what you are saying on board,but that still doesn't alter the fact that the nuclear bombs dropped by the allies on hiroshima and nagasaki had to happen:

R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, states that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military murdered from nearly 3,000,000 to over 10,000,000 people, most likely 6,000,000 Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war.

Link

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Alkimyst

if japan desereved them 2 nukes, well i think my country the US deserves much much worse.

Enlighten me, why does your country deserve much much worse?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
As a simpleton "myself"...here is how I predict it will go...of couirse there are variables..

The ocean warmth will keep the contaminated vapor/steam/particals in the jet stream, it will make the west coast.

It will then rain, due to the mountains just east of the shore line of Cali.. and contaminate the large produce feilds, but we will not hear or know of this for a year of or more. The after affects will not be seen in short time.

Some "contamination" may slip northward, and get in the canadian jet stream to get looped south around the Dakotas, and as far south as Kansas, but predominately I think the largest % of the "stuff" will not pass the Rocky Mountains.

I still yell that this is getting played WAY down, 11 known reactors 2 possibly 3 in trouble, 7 shut down, amd god forbid any "secret military stuff, that I just don't wanna know about...

Trade winds take weeks sometimes days, depending on jets streams, but like it or not it is coming.

I hope I'm just worried and it much more minor than it could be.....

No Im not trying to fear monger...if I thought I could get on a boat and help the Japanese I would, I feel for all the lost souls, and for those yet to be lost from disease, infection, physical damage...not to mention the slow radiation poisening....."if there is any" of leathal or disfiguring ammounts.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Presumably there was a zirconium (which is what the fuel rods are made of) - water reaction which occurs when the zirconium fuel rods are extremely hot. When this happens hydrogen is evolved. Since they did not have electricity, the recombiners which combine hydrogen and oxygen back together won't work. Instead they must of vented the hydrogen into the space above the reactor containment vessel, under a metal shroud. The hydrogen then exploded.

The actual containment is still intact hence most of the majority of the radioactive substances will be contained within. As long as the containment holds up, then the consequences for Japan should be small. The consequences for the rest of the world should be practically non-existent. Even if the wind blows the radioactive substances that were released towards the US, remember that it will have to go over the pacific ocean to get there which will absorb some of the radiation, and dilute the rest.

sources:
www.abc.net.au...

edition.cnn.com...

in.reuters.com...
edit on 12/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
reply to post by byteshertz

reply to post by bjsmi2

I gotta say the Japs deserved the two nukes we dropped on them in 1945,but they definitely dont deserve this one!
edit on 12/3/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

I agree, the Japanese do not deserve what is happening today, no one does.

Now with that being said, your comment about them "deserving" to be nuked in 1945 is easily the most offensive thing I have ever seen posted on ATS. I have been on this site a long time. This is my second account, so I was here before the date you see on my avatar, and I have NEVER been so disgusted and offended like I am at this moment. Your really going to sit here and claim that women, children, civilians and people who never fired a single shot at an Allied troop deserved to be incinerated in the blink of an eye? What reason could you possibly have for such a conclusion?

I live in the USA. My country is currently occupying two countries in the Middle East. I do not agree with the war, the occupation and I believe we have no business being there at all. So if some Taliban decided to drop a nuke on my house, would you say I deserved it because my country was occupying their land? Just because those people, or "Japs" as you so eloquently referred to them as, live there does not mean they agreed with the position their Government aligned themselves with during WW2.
edit on 12-3-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Ok the innocent civilians didnt deserve it, ofcourse not,i didn't mean them but their government did,their empire did and i believe this was the only way to stop them,how many more innocent lives would of been lost if the allies hadnt of done this:

R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, states that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military murdered from nearly 3,000,000 to over 10,000,000 people, most likely 6,000,000 Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war.

Rape of Nanking
Unit 731
Another couple of links why Hiroshima and Nagasaki had to happen!

And the reason i said what i did in my original post, was a reply to a previous poster who stated that your country the U.S. deserved the same,''what goes around comes around'' which is complete and utter bullsh#t!!!!
edit on 12/3/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

The people that either dont read posts properly or cant read... It was a swipe at the US for dropping 2 nuclear bombs on Japan in WW2 which i think was horrible !! A Japanese reactor failing putting radiation into the jetstream drifting over to the US is WHAT I MEANT ! I never said anything disrespectful about Japan or its people apart from there nuclear crap floating over to the US and the US getting nuked as they did to the Japenese in ww2. Forget it !! The whole world is on last days so whats it matter...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
is this "ill winds" circling the planet 7 times as predicted by the Web Bot project? I wonder.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The half-life of the Radioactive particles that are leaking and heading for the US could be thousands of years.

They don't just die out in a couple of days, that's why Chenobyl is a no-go area for hundreds of years now. It gets into the ground and water table / eco system.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There was no big leak. There will be probably big fallout. Effects are just local. Radiation has already decreased. Reactor didn't exploded, only walls around it.

ibnlive.in.com...

Case closed

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
On account of the negativity floating in this thread, thought I would lighten it up for just a sec:

OMG This coverup is bigger than 9-11 and HAARP combined!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7c6a111ca1a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

edit on 12-3-2011 by QBSneak000 because: Already covered

but their government did,their empire did and i believe this was the only way to stop them,how many more innocent lives would of been lost if the allies hadnt of done this:

So by this reasoning, you could say the same thing about the US government today. Does that mean that they should have a few nukes dropped on them, killing many innocent people?
edit on 12-3-2011 by QBSneak000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It looks to me like the west coast of the US should be glowing a nice shade of green for Saint Patricks Day.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Oh, and by calling the people of Japan "Japs", you're just showing how ignorant and racist you truly are.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
im in LA and i can smell either fire or ash. hopefully its just one of those common nearby fires.

how long does it take for this radiation to reach cali?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wow.. same thought I was attempting to post those same thoughts in the process of a spell check, lost the page... as I mention to my wife this morning. this will affect all of us to no end... The Mix will be in the Water and Air... The winds blow faster then the Waters will flow but each will make a difference.. It's heading East..

Not looking good.

Damn!

Be Wise Be Well while you can!

Jesse

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The news said people living near the Reactor have been given Iodine as a precautionary messure. Do they EAT it? What doses?
Should we buy some here on the West Coast before there's a run on it?

Did I/WE just create the run?

Shhhhhh Until I get some. Just to be safe.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
im in LA and i can smell either fire or ash. hopefully its just one of those common nearby fires.

how long does it take for this radiation to reach cali?

Map of radiation (LIVE UPDATES) across the US, keep an eye on it!

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just wanted to point out for those that wish to Argue the past... (Why the bomb was dropped) What has that got to do with what is going on now? Not the right thread for a pissing contest...
Argue that!

I understanding your feelings on that topic.. however it does not change what is currently taking place... Stay true!

Jesse!

edit on 12-3-2011 by jessemole because: Because I forgot to tell you why

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Oh for Petes sake, as someone with family in Japan and the USA I am utterly disgusted by the Facebook comments saying the quake is payback for Pearl Harbor and the comments here that any fallout we get here in the USA is payback for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. All those events were TBTB vs TBTB with, as usual, innocents used as pawns and bearing the suffering. And both the guilty and the innocent are either in their graves or elderly by now so let's just stop being sheep, give WWII a rest, and worry about what's happening or going to happen to ALL of us now.

It should be apparent by now Earth is impartial and active and any of our nations at any time could be facing catastrophe. I am a Bible believing Christian and even I don't see these acts of nature as God or Karma pronouncing judgement on us. It's acts of NATURE exacerbated by acts and decisions made by man. No more, no less. We can call on God for help if we wish but at the end of the day it will be the miracle of us putting aside our petty differences and coming to each other's aid that will yield concrete results.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join