It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet; shifted Earth's axis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Pole shift is not gonna do anything. Instead of your compass saying north is actually south. Some bird migrations maybe. That is all. This quake on the other hand has just shifted an island 8 feet. When was the last time an island was moved 8 feet in one day?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR

Originally posted by CaDreamer
its 10 centimeters not ten feet.....10centimeters = 25.4 inches

no try it again that would be 2 feet and one inch

Please folks lets try this again.
10 CM = 3.97 inches

Its NOT to difficult.
1. 1 inch + 2.54 cm
SOOOOO
10 / 2.54 = 3.97

OR approx. ( 4 inches )

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

So basically not only will I loose sleep with the whole spring forward crap but now there is also the problem of the earth wanting to screw me out of some more sleep time.

On a more serious note I do wonder how this shift will affect the currents and in turn things like fishing.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So with everything moving... that won't cause any immediate danger to anything? I was always under the impression that the way the earth is moving and set-up was awesome, but any slight change could cause a chain-reaction.

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that with the axis and Japan moving, and the big quake won't cause even MORE axis moving, or anymore quakes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Pole shift is not gonna do anything. Instead of your compass saying north is actually south. Some bird migrations maybe. That is all. This quake on the other hand has just shifted an island 8 feet. When was the last time an island was moved 8 feet in one day?

People keep confusing the MAGNETIC POLE shift and the REAL POLES as in axis. This small shift was the REAL poles, not the magnetic poles. The Magnetic poles have sped up their movement from about 12km per year to about 40km per year.

Please try to keep the two separate

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Is here any or does anyone have anymore information on the Rupture in the Earths crust which has occured as a resultof this Earthquake?

And is there anyone in ATS,whom have heard of this happening before, and what are the concequences of this happening and what effects is this going to have on the Planet as a whole.

Sure... it's very simple really Japan sits over a subduction zone, The deep trench off Japan is the edge of this. A subduction zone is where one plate (the Pacific Plate in this case is going UNDER the other plate. Japan sits on the edge of the plate going over top of the Pacific plate

www.glgarcs.net...

Same thing happens at Sumatra

Here is a chart of recent epicenters along the subduction fault. The Trench location is marked

edit on 13-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Good picture of the trenches that are the edge of the plate here

The Japan Trench is an oceanic trench, a part of the Pacific Ring of Fire, in the floor of the northern Pacific Ocean off northeast Japan. It extends from the Kuril Islands to the Bonin Islands and is 9,000 m (30,000 ft) at its deepest. It is an extension of the Kuril-Kamchatka Trench to the north and the Izu-Ogasawara Trench to its south. This trench is created when the oceanic Pacific plate subducts beneath the continental Okhotsk Plate. The subduction process causes bending of the downgoing plate, creating a deep-sea trench. Continuing movement on the subduction zone associated with the Japan Trench is one of the main causes of tsunamis and earthquakes in northern Japan.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'll try to make this brief.

Earthquakes almost always affect Earth's rotation - and that IS what we're talking about here. Chao and Gross from NASA have done extensive research on the effects of earthquakes and the affects they have on earth.

To clarify:
The magnetic poles move all the time.
There is a geologic record that shows it has happened.

The magnetic field DOES NOT collapse in the process of the shift. If it did,there would be mass extinctions that correlate with the geologic record.

Most shifts caused by earthquakes are relatively minor and do not have major affects on earth.

In order to have any substantial affect, shifts must occur in a relatively short time frame Ie quake after quake after quake.

As of yet, I don't know the consequences of the estimated 140 aftershocks of the quake in Japan.

If the trend of major quakes in a relatively short time frame (ie Sumatra Dec2004, Sumatra Mar2005, Sumatra Sep2007, Chile Feb2010, Japan Mar2011....) continues, THEN I would begin to worry.

Best of wishes
A2D

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

On August 25 I watched for the sunrise which normally hits you straight in the eye if you sit at a specific place, in the house. Instead, the Sun stood several widths (of itself) to the north. Granted, the house may have moved, but I do believe the Chile quake, and others, did just bring the equator a little closer to the north.

5-6 days later, the Sun is rising in the slot that used to appear on the 25th. I think this means that the world slid to the south, according to my amateur observations. This means longer summers for North America, at any rate. I'd expect extreme southern parts of South America, and Africa to begin preparing for harsh winters.

The pimps at zionist central broadcast will cite the warmer longer a summers as proof of AGW, of course. How many times I watched poor Heidi Cullen swallow so hard while chirping about AGW, even when washington DC was shut down for snow, and while New York, and the rest of the country, got up to 12 feet of it in April, a couple of years ago, just before the kenyan was installed, before the heavy quakes. I remember that the governor (arnold) even had to cancel his big global warming conference because california got shocked with a citrus killing frost, at precisely the right time. Global warming my ass.

'It's real, it's real...global warming is real'

-Heidi Cullen, as heard on the 'weather channel', while defending AGW and sticking to NWO script.
edit on 31-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Your information is really best about Tsunami in japan.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join