It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Power Plant Exploded!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

Originally posted by minkey53

The news agencies are just reiterating the same #ING crap for hte past 3 hours. DOES ANYONE know ANYTHING if the fallout is following the jet streams and coming towards western US and Canada? does anyone know ANYTHING. The news agencies are just reitterating the SAME CRAP. ITs time to get information from the people

Watch any kind of documentary on YouTube etc. about Chenobyl and you will see that the radiation travelled around the World in the jetstream.

The UK was hit about 2 days afterwards, I remember because I was out riding my motorbike and the Police were driving around saying to get inside. I look up and thought this is something you can't smell or see but is deadly.

20kms at the moment will be nothing now it's in the atmosphere.

We get sand dumped on our cars here in the UK from the Sahara desert in Africa because that travels in the air and with the wind.

Would you reccomend to evacuate western US and Canada?

It's certainly not for me to say but as somebody who has studied this subject for years, worked for the UK Government and been on their courses, one word, YES!

But it's up to the US Government to be honest with the people if that's possible.

So sad they can't just tell the truth!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I hope the Gov would be honest with it's people.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

oh FFS. "some jerk"? would you cut it out? here is your answer: YES.

it is certainly possible for all of your worst fears to come true regarding this disaster. but NO ONE has the answers that you are looking for at the moment. no one can even confirm if there is any fallout at all right now.

when it is time to panic, you will know. until then, please do not expect the magic genie of ATS to come to your beckon call.

sheesh!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

cut this crap out, minkey. it is not cute, nor needed.

it is true that the govs arent giving us the whole truth. but you dont have it either.

and that map is a CONFIRMED HOAX. please remove it.

I know what happened here in the UK in 1986, something you don't forget.

If you're fed up with being lied to by your Government, have a moan at them.

Get onto your local senator and the TV stations, don't spout off on here about a terrible catastrophy that has happened in Japan. The people there are going to suffer far more than us!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think everyone should be checking local news papers, NHK (www3.nhk.or.jp...), and multiple news papers along western coast of US and Canada.

Jet stream chart with animation: www.stormsurfing.com...
RT live coverage: rt.com...

Newspapers to keep an eye on:
vancouver sun(or any local newspaper along western coast of US and Canada)
Washington post
New York Times
CBC
CNN
NHK

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Agreed. I'll add some extra information I gather later from Japanese news.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I think everyone should be checking local news papers, NHK (www3.nhk.or.jp...), and multiple news papers along western coast of US and Canada.

Washington post
New York Times
CBC
CNN
NHK

My old neighbour worked high up in the Home Office here in the UK.

Urm, don't bother watching Sky or BBC because they are told what to say and what not to say etc.

Don't know about Fox / CNN but I guess they are in a similar position and have to Hold Back on various stories?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
At least the tsunami is getting weaker atm, according to Japanese news

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Washington post
New York Times
CBC
CNN
NHK

Urm, don't bother watching Sky or BBC because they are told what to say and what not to say etc.

Don't know about Fox / CNN but I guess they are in a similar position and have to Hold Back on various stories?

How about you give a link to a "better" news station, instead of just saying the ones i posted are bunk and not giving a better newspaper

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Whilst I agree with you on the fact the BBC is censored, I don't think in this situation the BBC is up to nefarious dirty reporting regarding the updates and news it's streaming... this is a natural disaster and it's aftermath, if the reactor went up in an explosion they'll inform the World as soon as they know I honestly believe that... they can hardly hide it.. ... they/we still don't know if it was the reactor...

1122: A full quote from Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano's press conference: "As reported, we have been informed that there was some kind of an explosive phenomenon at Fukushima No 1 nuclear power plant, although it has yet to be confirmed whether [the explosion] was that of a nuclear reactor itself. At present, after the talks among political party heads held a while ago, government officials including the prime minister and the minister of economy, trade, and industry, along with experts, are making all-out efforts to get hold of and analyse the situation, and to take measures."

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
What you don't see on your video is seconds before there was an energy field release in a form of an ring straight up in the air.

Energy field? You mean a blast shockwave? Let's not be dramatic, it looks like a steam explosion as opposed to an actual meltdown and what you see on the video is just a standard shockwave.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Washington post
New York Times
CBC
CNN
NHK

How about you give a link to a "better" news station, instead of just saying the ones i posted are bunk and not giving a better newspaper

The most neutral news station that reports on the facts as they happen, what I have seen the last few years, is the Russia Today website.

It's worth keeping on at the moment because the situation is changing quickly and quite interesting, although sad!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
They were planing to vent the reactor pressure through a filter. likely the filter was in another building.

With the buildup of hydrogen gas from the overheating reactor likely the hydrogen in this filter building exploded.

What i did not see was black smoke.

Light gray or white smoke is a good sign that it was a gas explosion from hydrogen gas.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Potassium Iodide is supposed to really help with radiation damage to the thyroid, and ginseg is supposed t help repair the damage...Iodine that hasn't been iradiated...it is said it is very important in cases of exposure...

I mixed up ginger and ginseng in the post, sorry. I mentioned that ginger is hard to find, for the past year. Not sure how it's comparable to ginseng. Thanks for info.
edit on 12-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

1202: Government spokesman says the nuclear reactor container at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant has not been damaged, and the level of radiation has dropped following the explosion earlier on Saturday, AFP reports

Ok so the BBC is saying now the reactor didn't go up in the explosion... we may be getting somewhere now... let's hope the plant stays stable, I work at a power station (not nuclear) and they are very dangerous places, anything could happen, the reactor could still overheat, so best we keep an eye out for more info...

BBC

1218: It seems clear now from Mr Edano's comments that the nuclear plant building that was blown apart earlier did house a reactor, but the reactor was protected by its metal casing.

edit on 12-3-2011 by Majestic RNA because: to add more info as it comes in...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
They were planing to vent the reactor pressure through a filter. likely the filter was in another building.

With the buildup of hydrogen gas from the overheating reactor likely the hydrogen in this filter building exploded.

What i did not see was black smoke.

Light gray or white smoke is a good sign that it was a gas explosion from hydrogen gas.

It may be the angle, but if you ask me, this looks like black smoke. Should we be concerned now?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I called it before the explosion and I'm going to say it again... Japan has a history of understating emergency situations not only to their own people but also to the world. There have been experts on both sides of the argument since the first news of trouble with the power plants and so far the ones that disagree with the official story have been more correct than those who are paid to tell us not to worry. If you're in Japan get as far south as you can, things may well get worse with the power plant situation before they get better, and do not accept any information telling you that radiation levels are safe. Whenever there has been a problem with nuclear plants in ANY country the danger to locals has been understated in every case, and people and their children suffer the long term effects. Do the smart thing and if you have the means, save your skin, don't hang around trusting that your government knows best as disaster history has shown that people are rarely given the full truth. This is not fear mongering, no government cares as much about your health or life than you do.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

Black smoke...-___-

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Doyle

I wish I could do something about this. The best I can do is cover myself and wear a mask while in my house, I can't do anything else. My family thinks I'm overreacting and thinks the radiation won't affect us, and think the only thing that would affect is the earthquake. Well I'm hoping what I'm doing is enough.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Good luck to you!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join