It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Power Plant Exploded!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Possible leak second plant, just heard on RT stream

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Before the smoke you can see a ring of energy going directly up.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
OK...if aliens were shutting down our nuke missles over the years maybe it's time for them to lend a hand and help us out now!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Yes you are right it was alot like the effect in the Lord of the Rings When Sauron died... This is all downplayed you can be very sure of that much... Experts expect another large quake there...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there's a meltdown, could the fallout really reach the US? Someone mentioned earlier in one of the threads that it could.

If this is true, could it affect our crops? Kill animals and insects?
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, this is just like nothing before.
I'm literally freakin out. If our crops were to fail, we wouldn't be the only ones affected.
In other words, a great famine?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstroBuzz
OK...if aliens were shutting down our nuke missles over the years maybe it's time for them to lend a hand and help us out now!

thinking the same thing

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxoutfoxing

Let's not get things out of context here, - the reactor has NOT exploded.

The reactor building certainly exploded and radiation is leaking so the core is no longer contained That's as much of an explosion as you're likely to get, the thing is out of control now unless they can build a new containment structure.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

The BBC's environment correspondent Roger Harrabin says he understands the blast at the nuclear plant may have been caused by a hydrogen explosion - also one of the possibilities laid out by Walt Patterson of Chatham House. "If nuclear fuel rods overheat and then come into contact with water, this produces a large amount of highly-flammable hydrogen gas which can then ignite," our correspondent says.

Just seen this on the BBC website... still bad which ever way you look at it...

BBC

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
img847.imageshack.us...

Released Map showing how the US will soon be glowing in the dark, this is very bad!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Where is this map from? Who released it? Looks like someone slapped it together to scaremonger to me.... There hasn't been a meltdown yet so no one official would release such a map... ?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Lets hope this guy is right and your pic wrong Minkey... btw where did you get that pic from?

BBC environment correspondent Roger Harrabin says local officials believe the release of radiation following the nuclear plant explosion is likely to be small. He adds that nuclear incidents aren't always as serious as they may sound or appear, and actually, in terms of loss of life and destruction, accidents at hydroelectric plants are far more dangerous.

BBC

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
rt.com...

Watch this, they're saying that the radiation is so high now, don't go outside etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
That map a user posted better not be true. If it is, Entire parts of N.A. will be a deadzone

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

If it is true then Canada looks like it's in the radiation zone also.....

I can't watch RT at the mo to confirm this as I'm at work, will look into this later....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The Japanese Government told people to evacuate but radiation so high now, not safe to go outside.

Issuing Iodine Tablets and said 1 hour is same as 1 year, highly dangerous.

One Russian reporter said to run away as fast as possible because wearing a mask and staying inside won't do a lot etc. He was the reporter for Chenobyl!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
That map a user posted better not be true. If it is, Entire parts of N.A. will be a deadzone

It was the same map as behind the Japanese President or whatever he is on their news station saying how bad it's become!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic RNA
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

If it is true then Canada looks like it's in the radiation zone also.....

I can't watch RT at the mo to confirm this as I'm at work, will look into this later....

If it starts to get serious, I'm getting the hell out of BC. I don't care that i dont have a car, Im getting the # out if it meltsdown. IF IT MELTS DOWN THE WEST COAST OF THE US AND BC AND NEAR THE WEST COAST IS NOT SAFE. IF IT MELTS DOWN GET AS FAR AWAY FROM WESTERN UNITED STATES AND CANADA AS YOU CAN

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

It was the same map as behind the Japanese President or whatever he is on their news station saying how bad it's become!

Source?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
oh god japan nuclear reactor may be going into meltdown

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join