It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Power Plant Exploded!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Sex and death...excellent platforms for the advertizing that sells refrigerators, cars and toothpaste.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
NHK news are reporting it right now, apparently only a shell of the building is left, 4 workers were injured!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Oh boy, the smoke is heading straight south, not good. Sky news are saying it doesnt look like the central reactor, even still, its time to start moving
edit on 12-3-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This is such bad news..I pray for these people a meltdown is the last thing they need there on top of everything else ..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Link to the report-

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
If there is a melt down in the US...its the china syndrome...
where will the pile wind up when the accident is in Japan?

oBAMa hates coal for some reason.....
well, it maty be safer then "Nuclular" on a fault line....

I recommend Iodine for everyone

stay safe all
all of us own this problem
there is no them, only an us

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The hourly radiation leakage is equavalant to the normal yearly radiation dose. Anyone got current jet stream charts? mine aren't going to be updated for another 2 or 3 hours

EVeryone should be listening to this rt.com...
edit on 12-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
wow ATS is so slow to report a doom!!!

actually no it isn't, this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
has been going for longer and has more information

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Wow. that can't even be called an explosion anymore. The whole outer building just vaporised in an instant... and the Japanese authorities are still telling people they'll be safe outside a six mile radius... it's obviously totally out of control and they're heading for a worse case scenario. If all the reactors at that site go the same way, the entire island may be uninhabitable. Korea and parts of China might be affected too. Chernobyl was much smaller and spread radiation over thousands of square miles, still can't live near it 25 years later.

This is really really bad.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

These reactors have a lot more safety features and measure in place than chenobyl - but also alot more 'fuel' should the worst case scenario happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
sky news now reporting that japanese tv have advised all to stay indoors, turn of air conditioners, put on a mask and wet towel over your face and also not to drink tap water.

my deepest sympathy goes out to all in Japan. This is not over by a long shot.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Wow. that can't even be called an explosion anymore. The whole outer building just vaporised in an instant... and the Japanese authorities are still telling people they'll be safe outside a six mile radius... it's obviously totally out of control and they're heading for a worse case scenario. If all the reactors at that site go the same way, the entire island may be uninhabitable. Korea and parts of China might be affected too. Chernobyl was much smaller and spread radiation over thousands of square miles, still can't live near it 25 years later.

This is really really bad.

Chernobyl had no fail safe and containment abilities, but the japanese reactor did

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Let's not get things out of context here, - the reactor has NOT exploded.

Video Of Explosion

Fox.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
So 1 is already leaking and 3 other nuclear power stations are in an state of emergency. Quadriple Chernobyl.
My god, i just watched Chernobyl seconds from disaster. It starts to look like it.

Hope we get some alien intervention, or something. Mad times we live in

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Hell, I'd take a bullet any day over the slow painful death of radiation. I hope to hell that they can get it under control before it gets worse.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxoutfoxing

Let's not get things out of context here, - the reactor has NOT exploded.

Video Of Explosion

Fox.

What you don't see on your video is seconds before there was an energy field release in a form of an ring straight up in the air.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Anyone know what kind of radioactive particles are being sent out? would be nice to know the half-life of those radioactive particles. Evacuating people outside the initial 10km radius. THIS IS NOT UNDER CONTROL. State of emergency declared at 5 nuclear reactors

Live coverage at: rt.com...

Anyone got a link for live coverage? RT is currently taking a break from live coverage

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join