It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ Test.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

You shouldn't single out a member like you have.

If you don't like a thread, move on.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Sure let's require an IQ test to use an internet conspiracy forum, that sounds intelligent [/sarcasm]

Going by your request I suggest we set the minimum IQ rate at 150, only those who have proven they have intellectual superiority over the vast majority of the public shall be deemed fit to post on these forums. Sounds good, right?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent

edit on 12-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

So wich was the case, misread it, or didn´t get it?

Yeah misread it - noticed it too late. Guilty.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

I wasnt going to initially, and mean no disrespect to the poster. I do not mean in anyway this poster is not intelligent because the confusion is obviously because he is russian - but I feel this is a very valid point when you see the example. It is very well to say skip over the thread - as I always have done. My question is, is it time to draw a line because it is pulling the quality of the site down a lot. I for one used to be proud to be part of ATS and the theories that are presented, but when they do not even make sense IMO something needs to change.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You should be proud that ATS welcomes all to express their opinions, regardless of IQ.

IQ is only one measure of intelligence.

I know many people who boast about their high IQ, yet they can say the most stupid things at times. Like we all can.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Every human has right to a voice...

We are all unique...
If you do not like the subject, move along...Do not deny another their voice.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
While I can sympathize with your feelings, this is in my opinion a terrible idea. Regardless of intelligence or no intelligence, there is ignorance and stupidity everywhere, all over the world, in all parts of society. Even if a person is not as advantaged, even mentally retarded, they are still capable of feeling the same things we all feel... Anger, frustration, sadness, kindness, hope... You don't have to be intelligent to throw an idea or thought out there for other people... And you never know, that disadvantaged person you might be looking down on may someday provide the spark that changes the world.

It's just wrong to throw a blanket over everyone who isn't up to your standards and claim they aren't good enough. We need to judge people based on their character, their morals, their positive attributes, rather than how they compare to ourselves.

You know, there's a saying about the Devil having been one of the most brilliant angels to have ever existed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
most "contributions" are insipid poorly conceived thoughts. If your going to post, be brief and succinct?

I love conversations where a person states a point, I ask a question hinging on said question, and the question is repeated to me. Who is the retard?

most people simply need to learn to listen. The majority of our conversations are perfunctory.You need to learn to see the point.

The same applies to posts. Whats the point of a forum if no one reads previous posts? Read the posts.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Thsi is just studip!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Im not sure if you are aware of the fact ATS has more youth based members then us older ones. About 1 month ago someone had a thread asking everyones age. The average ages here are between 15 and 28 with that said the threads being made reflect the medium age here. However with a little sensoring you can find a good debate know and then.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I took the mensa test several years ago just to see if I could get in, to find out if I was just a quick learner or intelligent enough to get in. Well I got in and maintain my membership, but refuse to go to the meetings because most of the people at the local meeting were so full of themselves it made me sick. Now I must admit I do occasionally get big headed, but most of the time am well grounded.

I read many topics here and some are just either so poorly written that they come across as dumb or just plain stupid. On those posts there is a little x on that tab that I use. If it was just poorly written someone else usually comes along and writes a better post on the topic that I might catch and follow. But who knows maybe those dumb posters might actually learn something and become a better person from joining ATS.

While I gained membership into a ""high IQ society"" I really don't think it means squadoosh (use your imagination). To me it only put into perspective my ability to learn at an accelerated rate and reminds me that not everybody can learn like I do nor understand the things I can understand and it humbles me to a point. Sometimes I just have to accept that I cannot bring some people to understand some topics I enjoy or converse with most of the people I know in the real world, which is what brought me to ATS in the first place. It is open to all people (who can abide by the rules) to share ideas and experiences

If you limit the members of ATS to say the top 10% of IQ you are limiting the information capable of being brought to light, because 10% of the population assuming everybody on planet earth joined ATS that fit the 10% rule could not possibly see or hear everything that happens and bring that information to ATS. We need to get the information from anyone who wants to bring it from where ever and who ever it comes from.

We also need to learn how to just ignore the posts that don't bring any useful information, or just are so single minded that they can't see the other side. O.K. I am done ranting.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You stole this idea from another poster ahead of you! That does not show well, IMO, as this might be considered theft of thought! Why not credit the person then steal the idea?

Posted on your link by totalmetal:

Ok I read half this and I think we need to have an IQ test to be able to post new threads.

So much for originality!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Be the change you seek.

Is basically what everyone is trying to say.

See a thread, move on, or at least try your hardest to ignore it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
They should make a ratings system that uses an algorithm of points + post and threads that gives a user a rating, then you could choose to filter out anyone who had a rating below a certain number. It would encourage people to not post gibberish or get a lower rating and not be viewed by as many poeple.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

edit on 22/4/2022 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

I wasnt going to initially, and mean no disrespect to the poster. I do not mean in anyway this poster is not intelligent because the confusion is obviously because he is russian - but I feel this is a very valid point when you see the example. It is very well to say skip over the thread - as I always have done. My question is, is it time to draw a line because it is pulling the quality of the site down a lot. I for one used to be proud to be part of ATS and the theories that are presented, but when they do not even make sense IMO something needs to change.

The fact is, OP, you DO mean disrespect to this poster, as you have used it twice as an example for being idiotic. I am offended that you would consider someone who doesnt speak English as a native language having a low IQ. Get off your high horse.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Many of the posts I read here are just people's unsupported opinions and poorly worded or misspelled. I myself misspell words a great deal when typing fast but I have a spell checker running. It takes times to make well composed posts with supporting links. Many people don't take the time. As a reminder above the box I'm typing in right now I see
"You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter."

I believe newer members probably don't see this message. I'm not sure when people here do. There have been a lot of new people over the last few years since I joined this site several years ago. At times I thought a lot of what was posted here were idiotic comments and stopped visiting. I'm back visiting more routinely. You have to sort out what you find interesting with everything else. There are some very intelligent people here and a lot of interesting things to read on occasion. You can also get an idea of what people in general are thinking. If they have everything wrong, please start a thread with supporting evidence informing everyone why or post messages to update us. People do listen here.

Every once in a while, I'll say something stupid myself if I don't take the time to think about it. Some days I may have had only a couple hours of sleep and don't feel as agreeable and if I post here, almost no one may read my comments.

Your IQ score will change based on how much sleep you had and how well you are feeling. I don't have too much faith in the online IQ tests but they can be fun to take if you have the time. My IQ score seems to jump 10 to 20 points every time I take another online test. I think you can study for IQ tests and score even better if you wanted to.

When I post here on my ipad, the device sometimes autocorrects words to the wrong spelling automatically when you press the space bar which happens after every word. Auto correct works good when it works correctly but it is annoying when it auto corrects to some other word you did not intend. I'll cut this post off. It's getting long.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Seems like many kids post here now. Intelligence is irrelevant. I think they need maturity. Lets have a 30 and older forum.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by byteshertz

The fact is, OP, you DO mean disrespect to this poster, as you have used it twice as an example for being idiotic. I am offended that you would consider someone who doesnt speak English as a native language having a low IQ. Get off your high horse.

Actually no I originally did not post any links to a forum - but because later I felt I needed an example, I went back and edited my original post to include the example so I was not saying I wont show an example and then showing one later. As stated I do not think this posters IQ is low - they are obviously Russian - who are you to tell me what my opinion of someone else is?
I was using this as an example of a thread where I thought a test may ensure that what the poster wrote was interpretable - I was not using this as an example of an IQ test being required. Although IQ test was my initial thought - there I later said even a basic sobriety test would be good.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

edit on 22/4/2022 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join