It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you noticed all your friends are coughing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i cough... my wife coughs...
all my friends are coughing..

-----not self induced----

what the h@ll is going on???

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Thats a good question! I have also been noticing that with people!! Im not coughing(other than the occasional caugh) but a lot of other people I know and see in stores and what not are.The people that I know have had a cough for weeks. I was wondering about that too.
edit on 12-3-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
We are all coughing here in Ohio!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
To answer your question, yea.
But they all smoke

It's probably just the damp cold, tends to have an effect on respiratory congestion. Pick your poison, take two and call me in the morning

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Yes, my entire family has "the cough" I have heard the newsmen/woman with it as well. Spoke with a friend in another state than I am in and she has it as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
There was another thread about this - I think it was called something like the cough heard round the world.

I had the cough since Nov 1 - two members of my family have it too.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Not trying to troll...you asked a question and here's my answer...
No, I can't say that I've noticed the people around me or myself coughing.
I wish I could validate your experience but I just haven't seen it.
I'm in Texas though and it hasn't been cold here...also I don't smoke so that may make a difference.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
when your dreams die.

so do you.

those who see will know its metaphorical... those that are blind will make it literal.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

have you tried changing the water?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
when your dreams die.

so do you.

those who see will know its metaphorical... those that are blind will make it literal.

uhh huh??

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Last June I quickly developed a nasty, terrible cough after my brother seemed to have it. It stuck with me unfortunately.

It came on strong and was bad enough I had to make a trip to the doctor for the first time in about 6 years. She told me it was bronchitis, which I quickly protested, as when I was younger, had somewhat chronic bronchitis(2-4 times a year), and could tell a concernable difference between the two.

So she gave me heavy cough syrup and antibiotics...nothing. Steroids...some aid, lessened the severity. She refused to continue with them for whatever reason. Claimed cigs had done this to me, and while I admit to being a half a pack smoker for 7 years, I gave up at that point, thinking it was closer to pneumonia than anything and that time was the cure.

Well I still have the cough, nothing like it was back in june through august, but it's there. Mostly after sleeping through the night, it's my wakeup cough a few times a week. Sure I smoke, but this has been a continuing bad cough, with sudden onset, it's certainly strange to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I have not had a cough... but the past week or so, my throat has been 'sore' every single day for about 10-15 minutes each day. It usually feels like I am about to be sick, then the throat pain vanishes. It is odd because it feels like I am about to become sick with a bad throat ache.. then the pain just stops.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
My daughter and husband have had this cough now for so long I forget exactly when it started. I had it for just a few weeks.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Me too with sore throat! It hurts and I think dang, here we go, strep throat... then in a bit its gone... this has gone on all week. but I have a cough too! Doc said bronchitis, gave me inhaler and steroid tablets, helped some, but still coughing!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I've had a really bad cough for awhile, and it just started to get better. Im on anti-biotics, and a steroid puffer 2 puffs, 2 times a day. Just started it yesterday and i can already tell its getting bettter. Im a smoker too, and im cutting back

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
when your dreams die.

so do you.

Yeah...I hear you. The underlying idea is still basically despiriting , though.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I posted a similar thread 2 months ago (1-11) www.abovetopsecret.com...

entitled.......Sore throat/cough, how widespread right now?

i was asking a simple question, and i got terrible responses......(but i know of what you speak)

best of luck

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

"C'est la vie",

take it or leave it. So many think they have chosen life.. when they have chosen death.

I have cried about this for a long time and will for the rest of eternity.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Have any of you tried honey? For my morning and afternoon coffee, I switched from artificial sweeteners to sugar, and from sugar to honey with cinnamon. Honey not only seems to mess with my blood sugar level a lot less, but it seems to have made me recover from "the cough" a lot quicker. Cinnamon further helps the body deal with sugar and may have its own healing properties. I'm trying to persuade my husband and daughter to take honey in warm drinks but so far they aren't liking the idea. They are not big fans of honey or warm beverages, for that matter. The few days I was able to get my daughter to try honey and cinnamon in warm water, she did really well but relapsed when she got sick of honey.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? its winter people! "Paranoia will destroy ya"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join