It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspiration to just 'go'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hai. I usually try to write inspirational topics but I've got a haunting 'block' within that I just can't climb over and wondering if any here could help. I'm not exactly sure if this is the right forum, but it looked to be the most relevant.

I felt a 'tug' back to nature when I was 17. I didn't think much of it because I was 17 and thought it very taboo to do it at that young age but I did get a backpack to just prepare myself. Fast forward to falling into my addiction (I 'woke up' when I was at a low point of it) and a month ago went on a spiritual journey with one intent in mind.

The intent was to fully just go into the woods and just go where it lead me but it turned into a 'mini journey' where it appears to have just been once more a learning stone to the massive rock before me. I nearly went into the wilderness then but instincts were screaming at me NO NO NO while in -40 C and 6 feet of snow on the ground. I was near northern Alberta/Northwest territories then (planned to go out there) but scurried back home to where I am more adapted, to a temperature I could stand without going through that nightmarish hell of a voice yelling NO at me and the utter cold.

It's easy to say I would've been guided through the woods if I had went trudging through the 7 feet of snow but when in that predicment, it isn't nearly as nice. I was in limbo between life and death. So I came back to my adapted enviroment (Victoria) and am back at square one pretty much but with more knowledge. I put thought into heading out in the woods here and nearly did but the excuse of it being to wet and raining all the time is now prevalent. I realize now that if it's not one excuse, it's another. After my small journey, I felt immense joy and more appreciation for life.

I know if I took the big one, the inner 'demons' would perish. It's just the jump to that point. I'm 19, wanting to see family I haven't seen in 15 years and have the chance to soon but this pull is getting stronger. This will act as a regret if I don't do this. I don't have a Mother Bird to push me out of the nest to go my wings. I'm like the birdie looking over the edge, knowing I have to do this myself at one point without help.

Just putting this here to see if anyone could help or relate. I KNOW if I go in there, I'll get over the primal instincts and rise to something greater then I am, I will be with my higher self. I will be a teacher and even an inventor of something. But this MASSIVE leap requires so so much strength and I'm doing it all alone by choice. I have free will but there's a big block, blocking me from doing this. lol. Thanks fellas.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Dont worry, be happy!

The "leap" you look at has already been accomplished, there is no where to "go" except in your own perspective.

You will be ok
No fear, only Love.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
Dont worry, be happy!

The "leap" you look at has already been accomplished, there is no where to "go" except in your own perspective.

You will be ok
No fear, only Love.

What? How's it been accomplished? I've the choice to return to my higher/child self if I go into the bush and surrender or continue living with the regret. Doing nothing and accepting it as 'ok' doesn't make the world go round. What makes it go round is the ones who take the leap and bring their experiences back to help the world rather then to sit down and just watch.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This did it for me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

You have got to watch a movie called "Into the Wild" - It's based on a true story - I think you would be able to take something away from it for sure.

This is the trailer:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Could not agree more, as evidenced by many of my own posts.

In the deepest, most brilliant leaps of faith, we find ourselves right back where we "started" from in larger and larger orbits. The Universe does not change to fit us in that way, our perspective grows around what is already happening. The "cliffs" we see are more waves, and it is our movement and growth through them, on all levels, that is our life. "you" are bigger and more complex than your "perspective" realizes. all of us are..

It is time to make a change.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
coming to the realization that you have to 'leap' is the same as doing it... you have achieved the knowledge that was intended for you by realising this... sometimes we learn the lessons we need to without knowing it but the day will come when you remember what you have learnt, it may not... i suppose i am trying to say that you don't need to consciously know all the answers for your subconcious to know them as well...

breathe, relax and smile, sounds like you are more blessed than you realise

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Perhaps you should go skydiving. Personally, I've always wanted to fly in one of those old WW2 fighter planes, they have something like that where you get to travel in the passenger compartment while the plane makes all kinds of acrobatic moves.

In terms of going on a spiritual journey or adventure, you can placate your mind by being well prepared for the journey, but nothing really beats having to face the elements. I think what you are looking for is a kind of "null zone" between life and death, something that people often experience in genuinley life-threatening situations.
edit on 15-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join