It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMPS - Explanation please: Could an EMP 'bomb' cause Earthquakes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I've been searching the net for answers but so far they're unsatisfactory, so, when in doubt? Turn to ATS!

I read a few days ago Korea North is boasting of EMP weapons, and, their almost glee at being ready to use them to create utter chaos world wide.

The main stream media today is reporting that North Korea ‘nears completion’ of an Electromagnetic Pulse Bomb, a bomb (nuclear) which creates an EMP (electro magnetic pulse). Although any nuclear bomb will create its own EMP with the blast, a single bomb specifically designed to maximize the EMP could wipe out a nation such as the U.S., if detonated at sufficient altitude above the region.
source

My question (and I'm sure you can hear this one coming):

Could an EMP attack be responsible for the current horrific crisis in Japan?

I urge people to stick with the facts as you know them and shy away from any fear mongering or wild speculations.

It's a simple question and I'm looking for facts. Could an EMP be responsible for the quake?

peace

edit on 12-3-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Interesting speculation, I will be watching this thread as the idea does pique my interest. Also, I will try to do some searching to see if there is any information that I can contribute to this thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Only on ATS...
Emp weapons are designed to release tremendous energy in an electromagnetic pulse to destroy technological infrastructure( electrical distribution grids and modern solid state equipment. So I would say "No"; but I don't rush to fear fancy sounding technology... Some where anti- haarp people have gotten and continue to spread the idea radiowaves cause global ( continent sized) tectonic plates to slip.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Read:
"One Second After" by William R. Forstchen. This is in regards to your EMP attack.

While highly effective in relation to taking out grid, automobiles and anything not "Hardened" for an EMP attack, it is highly unlikely and from my reading, would not spur an earthquake. It causes an array instead of a more targeted attack such as what HAARP uses, more pinpoint.

The U.S. and Russia both conducted Upper Atmosphere nuclear testing from 1958-1962 and so far from what I have gathered on the net, none triggered an earthquake. So I think the answer is no.

en.wikipedia.org...

As far as the earthquake, I am calling this a natural disaster and not triggered by HAARP and that is my opinion without facts.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I cannot vouch for the credibility of the website, but this LINK does seem to add validity to your line of questioning.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No, an emp is created by a nuke detonated high in the air. The emp is a wave of ionization that ripples over an area, that area gets larger when the detonation altitude is higher, and North Korea is about to be able to reach an altitude that would completely short out the US. But EMP weapons can't cause earthquakes in any way, I promise you. They can cause radiation to rain from the sky in some areas, but no earthquakes.

An interesting fact, and EMP that took out the US is estimated to be able to kill 60%-90% of the US population due to lack of electricity. Imagine, your car doesn't start, how is food going to be shipped in. No communications. No refrigerator. No heater, ac, or central air. No water (pumps would short). No electricity whatsoever. Anything with a circuit board (basically anything these days) is now worthless, shorted out permanently. Stores get raided for food and shelves are empty. Water is very very scarce and usually contaminated (P.S get a water purifier now, the UV kind, because it would be so useful as long as you emp shield it like I did), pets are attacking people out of hunger. People resort to cannibalism. Gangs roam the streets armed with guns, knives, rockets, armored cars. It would be instant ahnialation for the sheeple, only the strong and prepared would survive along with a small percentage of people who just got luck. (Get a bug out bag, its a great idea)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
In my opinion, yes, the Earthquake was/is a natural, albeit horrific occurrence.

Do I wonder when I read about Korea North's weapon? Yes. Especially in light of some links that have been provided here that say it is possible for EMPs to cause tectonic plate shifts, etc.

So why do I ask? Because I don't know. Because I'm searching for truth. That's what we do here. So, when you say, 'only on ATS' - maybe you're right, only here do we ask those kinds of questions, but, I hope you also take note I'm looking for FACT and I specifically asked for responders to this post to leave their wild speculation and fear mongering at the door.

peace

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
OK, I just found this thread on ATS of all places, lol.

It's the same topic, so, let's all wander over to this thread: DID the emp cause Chile and Japans quakes

I'll ask a Mod to close the thread.

Thanks all!

THREAD CLOSED

peace
edit on 12-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join