It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

For goodness sake, look it up man.

Number 2 reactor has had an explosion *INSIDE* the reactor and possibly breaching containment.

Inside/outside - no difference - it's THE REACTOR that exploded! Interesting it didn't blow the building up if by "inside" you mean the external building still appears intact.

reply to post by XtraTL

Good info. Info from the press conference with the Japanese PM and Cabinet Secretary.
edit on 14-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Japanese Cabinet Secretary is reporting there is a fire in #4 reactor.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
How many PLANTS are having problems ?
Which PLANT is having the worst ?
============================================

Japan's prime minister: Risk of further release of radioactive material from nuclear power plant remains "very high."

Two plants are having problems. Dai-ichi (number-one) is having by far the worst problems.

At Dai-ichi 4 reactors have problems, including one that was not in operation.

Reactors 2 and 4 are by far the worst. Apparently number 4 is the worst. Edit: they just contradicted this. It seems they can't make up their minds where the worst contamination is coming from.

I'm off to watch the stock market.
edit on 14-3-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Can you guys stop with the lame pissing contest please?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Nice close-up of reactor #3 post-explosion: www.youtube.com...

Nothing left. From drawings they showed of the building earlier, the primary containment should be clearly visible in this shot, but it is not. The top of the pressure vessel is also not visible as it should be.

When listening to the commentary in this video don't forget the video of building 7 collapse at the WTC when the news anchor is reporting the building collapsed whilst it is still standing in the background.

The pictures are betraying everything being said.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Can you guys stop with the lame pissing contest please?

Yes, I can stop.

I've been trying hard to inject actual reported facts for a few days. But given the seriousness of the situation in Japan as of this morning I don't think there's any point me trying to continue that.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Actual reported facts are extremely hard to find. The only real facts are the pictures we are seeing. They are betraying what is being said.

Here is what we know:

* Report: 20 km exclusion zone from Plant 1. Actual: 60 km (as of Saturday based on reporters blocked attempts).

* Report: Reactor 1 explosion didn't affect reactor. Action: exclusion zone set up.

* Report: radiation not a health risk. Action: exclusion zone of at least 20 km.

* Report: radiation not a health risk. Action: Iodine tablets given to everyone in area.

* Report: radiation not a health risk. Action: US Navy moves aircraft carrier located 80 miles off coast due to detected radiation.

* Report: Reactor 3 explosion didn't affect reactor. Action: exclusion zone extended to 30 km.

* Report: Reactor 2 damaged. Action: plant evacuated except for 50 workers.

* Report: Reactor 2 explosion. Action: unknown. No pictures of reactor 2.

* Report: Reactor 4 on fire. Action: unknown. No pictures of reactor 4 fire.

Please add to/amend this list. I tried to post the main points in chronological order.

SMR

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL

Originally posted by SMR
How many PLANTS are having problems ?
Which PLANT is having the worst ?
============================================

Japan's prime minister: Risk of further release of radioactive material from nuclear power plant remains "very high."

Two plants are having problems. Dai-ichi (number-one) is having by far the worst problems.

At Dai-ichi 4 reactors have problems, including one that was not in operation.

Reactors 2 and 4 are by far the worst. Apparently number 4 is the worst. Edit: they just contradicted this. It seems they can't make up their minds where the worst contamination is coming from.

I'm off to watch the stock market.
edit on 14-3-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that info. I was a bit confused myself on this and why I asked.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
# NEWS ADVISORY: Radiation of up to 9 times normal level briefly detected in Kanagawa (11:40)

Kyodo News

Kanagawa is located west of Tokyo and Yokohama. Time to get out of there, I say!
edit on 14-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Japanese Cabinet Minister is reporting the following:

Measured at 1022 today:

Between Reactors 1 and 2: 400 mSv/hr

Between reactors 2 and 3: 280 mSv/hr

Between reactors 3 and 4: 100 mSv/hr

He said that previous measurements were in MICRO Sieverts (uSv), yet all posts I've seen here were milli-Sieverts (mSv)?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
oops. Double post.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
# BREAKING NEWS: Hydrogen explosion occurs at Fukushima No. 4 reactor (11:53)

Kyodo News

Seems the fire was caused by a hydrogen explosion in reactor # 4.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Radiation levels around quake-stricken nuclear reactors in northeastern Japan are rising but there are no plans to extend the 20-km evacuation zone, the government said on Tuesday.

An explosion at the No. 4 reactor likely caused the new radiation which could rise to levels that may affect health around the reactors.

Let me guess.... hydrogen explosion in the secondary containment only? Reactor intact?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The French embassy in the capital warned in an advisory that a low level of radioactive wind could reach Tokyo -- 240 km (150 miles) south of the plant -- in about 10 hours.

Link

I wouldn't be waiting around for a full meltdown before evacuating that area. Now is the time to get out if possible- just in case.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Anyone who feels people are scaremongering, just you wait and see, the reality will catch up. I'm quite shure the explodet buildings where not full of unused stuff. There was a lot of infrastructure destroid to manage these reactors. As I stated before they will cool anything with sea water and wash as much as possible into the ocean. that will reduce risc to the surroundings, there will be less airborne pollution than in czernobyl, in the ocean there are no messurements taken. wait until someone starts to find radio active pollutants in fish, seashells ore where ever in the supermarkets, until then out in the ocean is forgotten.
for several reasons they cannot let seawater evaporate. (That would cake the rods with minerals, isolating them. They have to pump in large ammounts of fresh seatwater, spilling god knows what into the pacific.) If there is a leak in the containment structure it is moot at this moment. The infrastrukture to contain any used water until it is cooled of again is gone. They have to spill the used water back into the ocean (Thats why thy are using it in the first place) . Nobody will stand up and admitt to what they are doing, until they are caught.

I'm not even saying it is malevolent. At the Moment there is no good choice to be made. Without the seawater the core will melt. With it there is a chance to keep it out of the direct neibourhood. That it has its own drawbacks another thing.
Realy bad misinformation, not telling the truth, the problem will realy hit the fan one day when polluted food is foung in supermarkets.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by solosister

Great post, and thanks for writing exactly what I was thinking about the subject.

I'm already researching food that comes from Japan/Pacific ocean, so I know what to avoid. Starred!!

Another obvious point ignored by everyone is this: if they are flooding with sea water AFTER the explosions, it is because the pressure vessel has been compromised, allowing the sea water into it in the first place. If this measure would work prior to any damage, they would have already been doing it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Oh my, I still see no change for the better. Even after so many days there is no sign to be seen that they get a handle on Fukushima. Now they admit to problems at the number 5 and 6 reactors. With this company that means the # has already hit the fan. This thing is now well bejond Harrisburg, on its way to Czernobyl.

One thing they have going for them is realy the possibility to cool their reactors with sea water, the infastructure arround them is not so bad. Meaning they have a basin in a harbour to take water in and spill it out. that means there is at least some chance to collect some of the radio active material later.

The worst is realy that as time goes by things just get worse. Diesel generators an pumps fail. most likely fuel tanks are broken or infrastructure to get to it difficult. Those diesel engines will need maintainance. ...
It realy seems more and more like an exercise in futility where everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

As I saw things black in the beginning, but still hoped for a better outcome. The reality has allready overtaken my bad feelings. The question is realy now how it compares with Czernobyl. The situation is not there jet, but it is not over the top as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Adding this here since I participated in this thread...

A lot of people have compared this situation to nuclear bombs, but there is much more radioactive material in these reactor cores than there is in any nuclear bomb.

According to various sources that I have scanned through a typical modern BWR (boiling water reactor) like the ones at risk can be comprised of up to 74 to 100 fuel rods, consisting of between 100 to 140 tons of uranium, or other combinations of highly radioactive fuels, including plutonium.

A typical nuclear bomb contains mere pounds of these materials.

These BWR reactor cores are MASSIVE. and this example displays the complexity of the reactor core, containing the nuclear fuel(s) rods.

The huge core is at the center of the above reactor housing structure.

If these cores are breached, the release of radiation, and radioactive particulates will dwarf that of any release from a nuclear bomb.

If there is a complete meltdown, it will be even worse.

Food for thought.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Breaking news: All Workers Evacuated from Nuclear Power Plant.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
no time to read thread sorry OP and I don't know if this picture has been posted but get a load of

THIS

Doom is most certainly upon us....with NOBODY even left at the plant to monitor this?!?!?

Looks like bug out duct tape yourself in time!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join