It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Going to Rage Against the Dying of the Light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Are you going to rage against the dying of the light?
Or are you going to accept what mother earth throws at you.
Being there is nothing you can really do about that,what would you do?
I'm thinking along the lines that,screw this,I'm going to spend more time with my family.
I'm going to make amends.
What can you do if a major earthquake hits you,the sun flares it's largest flares at you,
or a massive wave hits you?
If you think that you can survive,you are kidding yourself.
If you survive,you survive.
But what if you don't?
And if you do,
what are you left with to deal with.
Then you have wasted precious time that could have been spent with family and friends.
Time that is wasted speculating,worrying about what is coming.
My wife put it right in my mind.
What good does it do looking at earthquake maps.
If it happens,it happens,spend more time with me.
Till the end.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
so if its a solar flare..move underground for a few days!
one thing humas are good at, is adapting and surviving by instinct* the impoossible is possible.
my only wish in end of the world times..is to have 2 women with me for a nosntop anything goes sex orgy! and be a nice guy
i got no amends to make, both aprents are dead of cancer, sister moved away, so im bascially all on my own*

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
so if its a solar flare..move underground for a few days!
one thing humas are good at, is adapting and surviving by instinct* the impoossible is possible.
my only wish in end of the world times..is to have 2 women with me for a nosntop anything goes sex orgy! and be a nice guy
i got no amends to make, both aprents are dead of cancer, sister moved away, so im bascially all on my own*

Take a break from the keyboard Ziggy. Sounds like you rolled one too many.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I get what you mean about spending more time with those you love, and not spend so much time seeking doom and gloom. Another way to show your concern and love, is to be prepared. I do a little of both and it seems to balance me.

Peace, NRE.

BTW if something that takes you out right away is the least of your worries, love strong, love deep, love angry. I love till I cant no more. I dont have many in my circle but those that are in, know there's no better place to be.
edit on 12-3-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: to add

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I get what you mean about spending more time with those you love, and not spend so much time seeking doom and gloom. Another way to show your concern and love, is to be prepared. I do a little of both and it seems to balance me.

Peace, NRE.

Balance the two,thank you.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Peace, NRE.

Balance the two,thank you.

I try to be the rock. I am the all around person in my small family, and my family knows that I have to search for concerns, but that there is no one better than me to watch and react. I know that you can do the same. Love can be scattered in many ways, but you can ask those that are concerned if they are fully aware that this is a form of love? Most dont see it that way, but it is.

I love my family, and they love what I am, and what I can bring. Good luck to you and you family, I am sure that there are NO worries.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I only have one heart felt prayer...If this is it, and we are goners,I want to be with all my family...My two children,my daughter in-law,and my grand-baby...Plus my parents and my brother...This is very important to me...
We all live together now so it is possible...Well my brother doesn't yet but as the jobs are getting worst here in Ohio, it looks like he will be here bshf...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I can't find the exact quote but it was of a witch about to be burnt. It went along the lines of man would resort back to primal instinct, pretty much a robot while he raped and pillaged then smiled as if everything were ok once it's all over. They key is to stop yourself from doing just that, look around you, from person to person, object to object, sit down, breath calmy, and just meditate. That will seem like the hardest thing when all humans are giddy with excitement at the destruction and let loose the 'negative' energy.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Starred for the Dylan reference

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

S and F!
Never give up! Never say 'die'!

For some of us there is no other way.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot

S and F!
Never give up! Never say 'die'!

For some of us there is no other way.

I hear your cry!

Dying of the light?
It's the dying of the dark I'll be waving goodbye to.
The New Age is starting and has been since 2000, it's just getting into it's stride now...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You're quite right - what is life for? To enjoy, to give and be loved. Not much else really matters.
I'm a long time survivalist prepared for everything except a broken heart by seeing those I care for suffer.
I'm not alone in that, there are many of us who are peaceful until something of that nature happens.
But if it does all hell will break loose and those bringing misery on us will get quite the surprise when they find out we won't just roll over for them.

Mankind doesn;t deserve to survive if our humanity can't survive as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Rage? Nah.

Bokononism is a fictional religion from Kurt Vonnegut's novel Cat's Cradle, and I am a devout Bokononist. A calypso from the Books of Bokonon goes:

Someday, someday, this crazy world will have to end,
And our God will take things back that He to us did lend.
And if, on that sad day, you want to scold our God,
Why go right ahead and scold Him. He'll just smile and nod.

At the end of that book, Bokonon gathers his surviving people and tell them that, since God is obviously trying to kill them, they should have the good manners to go ahead and die. So they do.

Don't fear the reaper!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Were born.. We live.. We die.. The world goes on regardless.. Will do as always - help try to make it a little better along the way...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
For those who don't get the reference and may enjoy the poem......

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

And yes..... I must rage unto the end, as it is my nature.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Until this happens

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ce806b150df.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Beyond that, and on, and on, and on, and on...

You either get busy livin' or get on with dyin'...
Have a cry then move on and keep it goin'

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
You're quite right - what is life for? To enjoy, to give and be loved. Not much else really matters.
I'm a long time survivalist prepared for everything except a broken heart by seeing those I care for suffer.
I'm not alone in that, there are many of us who are peaceful until something of that nature happens.
But if it does all hell will break loose and those bringing misery on us will get quite the surprise when they find out we won't just roll over for them.

The only reason I plan and stock up os for my kids and wife. If they (the kids) survive to have families of there own then I have done my job and can go peacifully to my end.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

The only reason I plan and stock up os for my kids and wife. If they (the kids) survive to have families of there own then I have done my job and can go peacifully to my end.

That,to is my purpose.
Ensuring the survival of my children.
To teach and pass on what is our humanity.
To carry on the message.
After that,if I can no longer rage against the dying of the light,
I shall go peacefully,knowing that our message has been carried forward to
the next generation.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Sounds like my kids' father. Makes sense in a way, but let's see if he changes his mind when there is nothing to eat but the food I've stock piled, when there is no lights apart from my solar lamps, no medicine.... etc etc etc
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Spending time with your family is never a bad thing.

new topics

top topics

join