It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Earth's Core is heating up?

page: 2
7
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


well the best way to find this out would be to ask around on some science sites and their forums and see what you find out then add it here - unless you want me to do it for you i dont mind .




posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel
 


That is a good idea. You are welcome to venture into this idea further. I am getting ready to go to work right now. I have found a few theories but all are just that, theories.

This was a interesting read...

gravityfound.org...



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by alysha.angel
 


That is a good idea. You are welcome to venture into this idea further. I am getting ready to go to work right now. I have found a few theories but all are just that, theories.

This was a interesting read...

gravityfound.org...


i found this still searching tho.


.www.scienceforums.net...

Why is the temperature hotter the farther down you go in the earth? Is it because of the gravitational pressure? Kind of. The Earth is hot for several reasons. Primarily, it is because of the energy left over from its formation, as all that gravitational potential energy was converted to kinetic and converted to heat (i.e., giant rocks crashing into one another). There is also leftover heat from friction as the Earth's heavier elements sink to the core and lighter elements rise. Plus, as you say, the pressure heating everything up as it compresses. None of these are a continual sources of heat, though, and in fact the Earth is gradually cooling off as it radiates infrared out into space. This is the main reason it's hotter the farther down you go. The outside cools first, and insulates the parts farther down.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So what age is your boy ? If I may ask? I find this very interesting and think the boys age is significant. For a better idea of what you have going on there.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
So what age is your boy ? If I may ask? I find this very interesting and think the boys age is significant. For a better idea of what you have going on there.


Hi randy

He is 14.

Im going to ask him tomorrow if he has an idea of why he thinks the earths core is heating up...a cause.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by alysha.angel
 


Thanks for the info.

I guess what Im wondering is if the Sun has ways that can effect the temperature of the Earths core. If there are some sort of particles or waves that can change the way our core behaves.

I know Ive heard about particles that have the ability to go right through the Earth, humans, ect...and I wonder if something 'changes' on the Sun...if the particles it sends to us may be changed, and then changing the reaction of our core.

Something like that.




No there isnt anything from the sun to warm the core. However the moon does help some with gravity helps keep those fluids moving. This is one theory as to why the earth hasnt gone dormant like mars. However getting hotter ill say there is nothing in our current understanding that would make the core heat up. And even if the core where getting hotter means the earths crust would get thinner making strong earthquakes less likely. Earthquakes are when 2 plates press together until one gives in. A thinner crust means less force builds up.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by antar
 


Thank you for sharing!

My son is one of those that has trouble in the normal school system. The diagnosis...was ADD. He has trouble focusing on one thing unless he is extremely interested in one thing....like a video game (no one can beat him at any of them and he can usually win any game in a day).

Instead of using medication...there is a school academy here in my town that is set up for kids that have trouble staying on one task. He excels there with grades but fails in the normal school system. Its like he has to learn things a certain way or something or he just cant stay focused enough. But give him a math problem or something to figure out and he does wonders. Go figure. Ive always wondered why he had so much trouble focusing...but at some things...his understanding is great. The teachers would get upset for his normal grades were always bad but when they did SAT and exams....he would do above average on all subjects.
Well Id say your son has a very interesting theory,.
Simply because I have been saying the same thing for many years,. of course I have 0 data to back it up. I is just a theory I rambled on to my wife one day,.
personally I think the planet is getting ready to do a crustal shift on a much larger scale,.. globally (lets hope not)
We shall see,. I had mentioned many times how I've thought the quakes have picked up in frequency and magnitude
But this is always under debate. Puterman did an awesome job putting together a chart and graph analysis of the
energies and mags of the quake histories.. On Quakewatch 2010.
Oh and as for your son's ADD,. Do some research on the dangers of fluoride,.
try starting him on Non fluoride tooth paste. Also I would not uses ANY mouthwashes

edit on 12-3-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by alysha.angel
 


Thanks for the info.

I guess what Im wondering is if the Sun has ways that can effect the temperature of the Earths core. If there are some sort of particles or waves that can change the way our core behaves.

I know Ive heard about particles that have the ability to go right through the Earth, humans, ect...and I wonder if something 'changes' on the Sun...if the particles it sends to us may be changed, and then changing the reaction of our core.

Something like that.




No there isnt anything from the sun to warm the core. However the moon does help some with gravity helps keep those fluids moving. This is one theory as to why the earth hasnt gone dormant like mars. However getting hotter ill say there is nothing in our current understanding that would make the core heat up. And even if the core where getting hotter means the earths crust would get thinner making strong earthquakes less likely. Earthquakes are when 2 plates press together until one gives in. A thinner crust means less force builds up.


Just to be the devils advocate here...

Are we absolutely sure that a piece of land like Japan could not 'drift/slide' due to some unknown reason that starts beneath its crust, which then causes the plates to press together all the more. Are we absolutely sure that the area below the 'land' doesnt become 'slippery' which causes pressure on the 2 plates as the land wants to 'slip/drift'?

I really know very very little about how it all works, but Im unsure that science also is absolute to give each earthquake the 'same cause' all the time. I know we know that as the plates press together that this causes build up of pressure and that pressure will give and the plates will move. Some lands may work differently, having a different make up below in all the layers of the Earth beneath them.

Did you see that video where the water was coming up through the cracks and through the Earth in Japan?



posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy
 


Thank you for your advice Drummerboy. We have been through alot of trial and errors. Diet has become a big part of it all. Reading labels carefully and trying to stay as much as possible with natural foods.

I have concluded after observing him struggle in the classroom setting for years now but watching him pass SAT and exams at above average...that its not so much an ability...but the atmosphere that is offered in the classroom. For him to sit still for 7-8 hours 5 days a week causes his mind to drift. The mind (his mind) cant sit still that long. He does not learn well in a lecture environment...but give him a book and he can figure it out. I think we are seeing more kids having the personality types that need exercise during the day or some sort of hands on activity besides sitting at a desk.

I think the label of ADD is a bit false...but we do need some way to 'notice' that we have a group of kids that dont 'work' well in the regular school setting'. He attends what is called 'score academy' and they strictly direct themselves to finding what kind of learning system works for each student and focus on that for each of them. He has only been there for 2 months now. He went from failing 2 classes in regular school to having a B in one of those classes to having a high C in the other. By the time school is done this year, Im seeing him have a A and B year, which will be a first ever for him....even though he has always been above average on yearly testing.

Its interesting...to see how we all learn in different ways.



posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Dude DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, EVER give your child meds for a imaginary disease such as ADD, not every one who dosent find sense in conforming to this retarded world is deseased!!

P.S. Light beings have a ball of light where we humans think the "solar plexus" is, he could have communicated by your son, and that would look like there is a "beam" of light (in the colour of the being) shooting to his forehead, or he could have "energized" your sons well "ball" for lack of better word, and thats a different story completly...

YOUR SON IS TELLING YOU THE TRUTH; TAKE GOOD GOOD CARE OF YOUR SON, NEVER FORCE ANYTHING ON HIM, AND ALLWAYS GET HIM WELL INFORMED ABOUT A SUBJECT HE IS GOING TO MAKE A DECISION ABOUT, SUCH AS RELIGION ETC ETC...

(light beings (not angels) are mentioned in EVERY religion by one name or another, even the bible)



posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


Finally someone spoke the truth, they taking away the oil luberication out of the system, every thing has a reason


I've heard this mentioned before, does anyone have any proof that the earth's oil actually "lubricates" tectonic plates the way we use it to lube mechanisms? Never read anything legitimate about it



It's a filler. Like natural gasses.

Picture the earth sliced in half. now imagine pockets of gas and oil amongst it. when they drill down and take out the oil and the gas. (they are both helping to support all the earth around it. oil thru substance and gas thru pressure)

Now take the enviroment into consideration. Weight distributed ontop of the crust from structures. And the earth's crust is allway's being moved by vibrations, and the earth's crust shifting natrualy.. and the earth getting nudges from other earthquakes around the globe reverberating thru the earth.


These pockets of nothing are eventualy going to give way.



posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy
 


Thank you for your advice Drummerboy. We have been through alot of trial and errors. Diet has become a big part of it all. Reading labels carefully and trying to stay as much as possible with natural foods.

I have concluded after observing him struggle in the classroom setting for years now but watching him pass SAT and exams at above average...that its not so much an ability...but the atmosphere that is offered in the classroom. For him to sit still for 7-8 hours 5 days a week causes his mind to drift. The mind (his mind) cant sit still that long. He does not learn well in a lecture environment...but give him a book and he can figure it out. I think we are seeing more kids having the personality types that need exercise during the day or some sort of hands on activity besides sitting at a desk.

I think the label of ADD is a bit false...but we do need some way to 'notice' that we have a group of kids that dont 'work' well in the regular school setting'. He attends what is called 'score academy' and they strictly direct themselves to finding what kind of learning system works for each student and focus on that for each of them. He has only been there for 2 months now. He went from failing 2 classes in regular school to having a B in one of those classes to having a high C in the other. By the time school is done this year, Im seeing him have a A and B year, which will be a first ever for him....even though he has always been above average on yearly testing.

Its interesting...to see how we all learn in different ways.



YES!!


I am 25 now. But when i was going thru school i was the oposite. A book would teach me nothing, nomatter how many times i read it. For me learning was critical on my ability to ask questions and get good answers.


IE. Teacher writes up on the board a new maths equasion that we're to learn and explains it. Alot of the time it just wouldent make sense to me at all. I needed to be able to ask my own questions about how the problem was solved before it would "click" in my head and i'd understand it.


The problem was - in a class of 30 students... the teacher has no time to answer a class full of questions. And kid's attention span comes into play as well. They either had no time for you as they had to move on to something else, or you'd keep trying to figure it out yourself, get frustrated and give up.


Society expects all kids to be exactly the same for some reason. Like can's of coca cola. They're expected to all be able to learn from one method. the ones that dont, get bored/frustrated and then choose to entertain themselves instead of trying to learn because they get frustrated they cant learn the way they're expected too.


It's so sad knowing how screwd up most of today's youth are because the world seems to be pushing to have everyone conform to act and think a certain way. If they dont they're labeld as problems and chucked on meds hoping it will dope them up enough to fall in line.


People need to stop being afraid of things they dont necessarily like or understand. In the form of personal choices, appearance, race, color, and personality.



posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337
Dude DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, EVER give your child meds for a imaginary disease such as ADD, not every one who dosent find sense in conforming to this retarded world is deseased!!

P.S. Light beings have a ball of light where we humans think the "solar plexus" is, he could have communicated by your son, and that would look like there is a "beam" of light (in the colour of the being) shooting to his forehead, or he could have "energized" your sons well "ball" for lack of better word, and thats a different story completly...

YOUR SON IS TELLING YOU THE TRUTH; TAKE GOOD GOOD CARE OF YOUR SON, NEVER FORCE ANYTHING ON HIM, AND ALLWAYS GET HIM WELL INFORMED ABOUT A SUBJECT HE IS GOING TO MAKE A DECISION ABOUT, SUCH AS RELIGION ETC ETC...

(light beings (not angels) are mentioned in EVERY religion by one name or another, even the bible)



Thank you for your concern..its very heart felt. Interesting what you say about a ball of light being in place of the solar plexus. I dont recall him saying anything about a beam of light shooting to his forehead. He described it literally like a very small ball (pea size and yellow) that came out of the beings chest and went into his chest. He described this being as very separate from him.

He said he was on his swing when it literally came down in front of him. He said the being even played with him by running around the yard with him (he described it as playing tag, when he got up from the swing he tried to touch it and I guess it moved around a bit while he tried to touch it). He then described it stopping and them facing each other. He said it did not show any mouth, eyes, nose ect..that the face area was just a outline of a face shape but it was 'light'. He said that it could have arms but also the arms could blend into the body. He said when the ball of light came out of it, the being lifted what seemed to be the arms, up along the side of its body as the light came from it and went into him. He said in his mind, he just knew the ball of light was 'life' and this is why he said it gave him 'new life'.

At a young age he began to question religions. Which in turn...made me also question alot of things. He doesnt really believe in a 'god' that is out there somewhere...but seems to believe in some sort of spirit of life kinda of idea.

I leave all 'beliefs' as a open book for him and my other kids. I want them to seek things their self instead of them hearing me telling them what is right and wrong.

He did have a argument one day with his sister who had went to church and wanted to get baptized after going there a couple times. He debated with her that she did not even know what the Bible says and that she should read the Bible before taking such a step. This was when he was 13.

I dont know many 14 year olds that watch the history channel and NASA live feeds more then anything else on the TV. He does have a passion towards certain subjects.

Something I found interesting when searching things on the internet was beings called the 'shemsu hor'.

My youngest son, age 5...seems to be following in similar struggles already of staying on task sometimes. He likes repetition and learns best through repetition. When he was 9 months old he starting what is called 'stimming' which is a behavior activity that calms you when you do something repetitive. He began what is called 'rocking'. One day while searching this one...I found Bill Gates on a video doing the same thing....'rocking'. I found that my son at age 2 loved to scribble on paper. When rocking, I could get him to 'scribble' instead of 'rocking'. I found the scribbling to be better for him then the rocking and eventually gave my walls in my home to him to fulfill his need to scribble. Which led him to drawing very early in age. I then read one day, when thinking I was a crazy mom for letting my kid write on the walls of my home, that Stephen kings mother (I think it was Stephen king) let him write on the walls at an early age.

As a mother....I found myself at times not knowing what was best. Sometimes I just had to go with the flow instead of trying to frustrate my kids. Im thankful that I have a girl, age 13, that is straight A and B student and always has been...that lets me know it was not something I as a parent was doing wrong and that my boys are just in need of a little different environment that allows them to express themselves.

Now my youngest is 5...and we dont draw on the walls anymore lol. But for a few years...it was his 'outlet' of doing something repetitive. He now loves to build with blocks (he is crazy for legos), loves to draw still and is really good for his age, loves to build train tracks and play with his trains.

I do wonder how he, will do in the school system. He starts kindergarten in August.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's quite obvious though earlier you had stated this kid had not seen the movie 2012 that indeed he is clearly referencing the movies fictional storyline, yet you choose to believe instead that your child is a gifted psychic who prophesies the end of the Earth while watching (gloom and doom) news broadcast of one the most tragic events in human history. So we can choose to believe your prepubescent offspring, or every Physicist around that all agree that our planetary core cools over millennia, not heats up.

It truly is telling, and pathetic, how quickly people are willing to believe anything that anyone without any qualifications on a subject whatsoever belches out, just so that they can "feel" and delude themselves that they "know" something and are more enlightened somehow than everyone else.

I'm sure more than half the posters in here believe the moon is made of cheese.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Liberterius because: typo, very unlike of me.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Liberterius because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Your kid may or may not have seen the movie 2012, but I'm sure some of his friends have. Kids at that age are very impressionable, so if someone from school talked about the earth's core heating up, he may have decided that it sounds right and then voiced this opinion to you.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Listen up, this is what he is talking about:

The Georeactor Theory of J. Marvin Herndon.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius
It's quite obvious though earlier you had stated this kid had not seen the movie 2012 that indeed he is clearly referencing the movies fictional storyline, yet you choose to believe instead that your child is a gifted psychic who prophesies the end of the Earth while watching (gloom and doom) news broadcast of one the most tragic events in human history. So we can choose to believe your prepubescent offspring, or every Physicist around that all agree that our planetary core cools over millennia, not heats up.

It truly is telling, and pathetic, how quickly people are willing to believe anything that anyone without any qualifications on a subject whatsoever belches out, just so that they can "feel" and delude themselves that they "know" something and are more enlightened somehow than everyone else.

I'm sure more than half the posters in here believe the moon is made of cheese.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Liberterius because: typo, very unlike of me.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Liberterius because: (no reason given)


I dont even believe in prophecies at all. Now and then though I will add a 'feel' to share with ATS.

Take your own advice and dont jump the gun. Thanks!

This is not about enlightenment or knowing anything. Get a grip


I have shared a little more then what I intended to on this thread...but the reason is valid for different audiences reading this thread. Some will be interested to here the story...some will be more interested in the idea that the Earths core could maybe get hotter some day.

Did you know that in science we still argue over things like gravity?


We dont know it all and Im completely good with that. I have seen too many strange things...to take this world and existence at just the face value...so excuse my deeper sharing if you dont mind. Im sorry if they disturbed you or bothered you.

Anyone who knows me here...knows Ive had my share of experiences or observing experiences through family members. Not claiming we know anything....but better yet, that we know very little.

My best to you
LV



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelangelo
Your kid may or may not have seen the movie 2012, but I'm sure some of his friends have. Kids at that age are very impressionable, so if someone from school talked about the earth's core heating up, he may have decided that it sounds right and then voiced this opinion to you.


I did ask him if he has heard the idea somewhere and he did say that he heard about such a thing occurring in a movie 2012.

So I guess what I would like to know is....how do we KNOW that this is not the case...how do we know the Earths core wont heat up...be it movie or no movie.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


This question from your son was a good one.

I think this sounds like a good possible theory from this post above.



Originally posted by Chakotay

Listen up, this is what he is talking about:

The Georeactor Theory of J. Marvin Herndon.



I just recently put up thread about the possibility that the Earth's core could possibly be plasma, which might be going through a period of expansion, due to the increase in the Sun's energy right now and possibly other things contributing. The *Expando Planet Theory*.

This could be a cyclical thing, which could be caused by a process that we don't know everything about right now. My thread had several people responding with posts that were vehemently upholding the tectonic plate theory, and subduction zones.

I and others, were arguing that plates and subduction zones could be a part of the bigger whole.

Someone said that whenever you see certain people negatively responding with such ferocity like that, it makes you think the subject may have some validity to it,
.



posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Listen up, this is what he is talking about:

The Georeactor Theory of J. Marvin Herndon.


Thanks for adding some information to look at. I have not had much time lately but this is on my 'to do' list as soon as I get some down time. Will defiantly take the time to read it all over.






new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join