It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Core is heating up?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
NOTE-I welcome all people that can help me with facts. I dont want this turned into a 'DOOM IS HERE' thread.

My topic was brought up by my 14 year old son. As we sat and watched the footage today of all the terrible damage done by the earthquake in Japan.....he sat up and looked at me and said 'Its all because the Earth's Core is getting hotter'.

I asked him want made him say this and he just shrugged his shoulders and said that is what he feels is happening. (This is also not a prediction thread of prophecy thread mind you).

But he was...so sure of himself, without any understanding of how it all works (earth, the core, earthquakes, volcanoes, ect).

His comment has stuck in the back of my head all day.

My questions-

Is there a way that we can keep track of a 'core temperature' of Earth? Would we know, even though its already super hot I assume, if it could or would, get hotter?

Something else he said...'the core is getting hotter, making the crust around the core start to slip'.

So my other question...could it be possible that the core got so hot that it would cause tectonic plates to start slipping/moving?

Im actually from the line of thought that all what we see going on is the way Earth has to handle itself. To me, Earth is a live being and it has to make adjustments. I dont see a big connection with the different things going on outside of this last quake. But if the Earths core COULD get hotter (not sure how it could) and if that could effect the way the plates behave and react together....I hate to think of what that could bring us in the future.

OK...I am trying not to speculate too much here. But I wanted to note his 'feeling' somewhere and see if there is anything to learn of it.

Please keep this on topic of the temperature of the Earths core, if there is ways to tell if it is getting hotter, and if such a thing could cause strange behavior with the tectonic plates.

LV

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
those bastards inside should really stop barbequing

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't know enough to even speculate, but I find this interesting! Out of the mouths of babes! I think the young are more intune if you will than we give them credit for! I look forward to the responses you get!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
I don't know enough to even speculate, but I find this interesting! Out of the mouths of babes! I think the young are more intune if you will than we give them credit for! I look forward to the responses you get!

I tend to listen to him a bit more then anyone else I know. He had a out of this world experience at the age of 5...claiming a 'light being' came to him in our yard...and long story short, it put a yellow light into him and he said that his mind told him it was a 'new life'.

So sometimes when he says something...I have to wonder where it comes from. I really do try to be very factual and I hope me sharing his experience doesnt cause all the 'factual' people to not comment what they understand after they read that and then roll their eyes and leave the thread. But I do feel the need to share that part of his past since he is the one that said this today.

It was after his own 'experience' that I began to seek spiritually and my personal spiritual path began. And boy...did that take me a few places as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
NOTE-I welcome all people that can help me with facts. I dont want this turned into a 'DOOM IS HERE' thread.

My topic was brought up by my 14 year old son. As we sat and watched the footage today of all the terrible damage done by the earthquake in Japan.....he sat up and looked at me and said 'Its all because the Earth's Core is getting hotter'.

I asked him want made him say this and he just shrugged his shoulders and said that is what he feels is happening. (This is also not a prediction thread of prophecy thread mind you).

But he was...so sure of himself, without any understanding of how it all works (earth, the core, earthquakes, volcanoes, ect).

His comment has stuck in the back of my head all day.

My questions-

Is there a way that we can keep track of a 'core temperature' of Earth? Would we know, even though its already super hot I assume, if it could or would, get hotter?

Something else he said...'the core is getting hotter, making the crust around the core start to slip'.

So my other question...could it be possible that the core got so hot that it would cause tectonic plates to start slipping/moving?

Im actually from the line of thought that all what we see going on is the way Earth has to handle itself. To me, Earth is a live being and it has to make adjustments. I dont see a big connection with the different things going on outside of this last quake. But if the Earths core COULD get hotter (not sure how it could) and if that could effect the way the plates behave and react together....I hate to think of what that could bring us in the future.

OK...I am trying not to speculate too much here. But I wanted to note his 'feeling' somewhere and see if there is anything to learn of it.

Please keep this on topic of the temperature of the Earths core, if there is ways to tell if it is getting hotter, and if such a thing could cause strange behavior with the tectonic plates.

LV

You sure he didn't just see the movie 2012?:

en.wikipedia.org...

Although Earth Crust Displacement is a real theory (fortunately an as-yet-unproven theory)

www.skrause.org...

edit on 11-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I think that is beautiful! I had an experience as a child, so I would never laugh at someone elses experience! At the risk of being flamed, lol "I think the Bible says yours son and daughters shall prophesy". . . you sound like a great parent!

So many won't listen to their children, or scoff at the things they say...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Well for your first link...he has not seen any of the 2012 movies. He has seen the suggestive date from the history channel...but not any of the movies. I do think that he would of said "well I heard it on this channel or from that show' if that was where he got the idea from...instead of saying 'Its just what I feel'.

Reading your 2nd link now...thanks for that!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
ok i need 20 billion dollars and all the unobtanium on the planet and a really really big thermometer and an unlimited supply of hot pockets and Zena episodes and i will get right back to ya with an answer.....its all estimates we have no way to accurately measure the temp of the earths core so just go with the flow ...
Danny Elfman once said...

No one beats him at his game
For very long but just the same
Who cares there’s no place safe to hide
Nowhere to run no time to cry
So celebrate why you still can
Cause any second it may end
And when it’s all been said and done
It’s better if you had some fun
Instead of hiding in a shell
Why make your life a living hell
Drink a toast down the cup
Drink the bones I’ll turn to dust

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Finally someone spoke the truth, they taking away the oil luberication out of the system, every thing has a reason

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I saw awhile back in I think was a popular science magazine, a satilite image of earths internal tempetures interpreted on a color scale. It showed the hot spots and the not so hot spots. And it even identified the what I like to call the yolk of it. similar to and egg. A very dense build up of the heavier molten iron ore that rotates within the planet. Im sorry I can give the name of the satilite or the agency that took the photos or do the studies. I figure its a start though.

Im no scientist, just very interested in a little bit of everything.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR

Finally someone spoke the truth, they taking away the oil luberication out of the system, every thing has a reason

I've heard this mentioned before, does anyone have any proof that the earth's oil actually "lubricates" tectonic plates the way we use it to lube mechanisms? Never read anything legitimate about it

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize

I think that is beautiful! I had an experience as a child, so I would never laugh at someone elses experience! At the risk of being flamed, lol "I think the Bible says yours son and daughters shall prophesy". . . you sound like a great parent!

So many won't listen to their children, or scoff at the things they say...

Thank you Greenize
I did try to scoff at first, and too rolled my eyes...but the way he kept on and on with details...before it was all said and done I had to keep my mouth from not dropping to the floor. The way it all made him feel was even more convincing. I still dont think I have ever seen him smile like that to this day. It made him over joyed, ecstatic, could tell his adrenaline was pumping too. He even told me how great and happy this 'yellow man of light' made him feel. He said the light came out of the chest of the yellow light man and went into him. I dont try at all to make any suggestions to him of what it was. I leave that up to him, when the time comes. I dont want to fill his mind with any biased ideas.

Oddly...he wants to work for NASA when he grows up. He watches hours and hours of the NASA feeds and the history channel. He loves ancient history and I find that a little odd for his age. He also loves ancient alien shows. He wholeheartedly believes in aliens. I dont think he relates the figure he saw to an alien though..I think he relates it more to angelic or just energy of sorts.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You have to be kidding me. What I am about to tell you is 100% truth, and it happened today.

My most sensitive and Spiritually awakened 11 year old and I are driving home when he asks if I remember the time when he was 5 and he saw the little Leprechaun in my room one night?

The first thing I thought of as he described the character was my experience in oak creek meeting the non human entity which I have shared here before.

Perhaps with all of this happening there have been spirit guides sent to protect our children and awaken in them something which touches on the divine intuitional level.

I am here tonight because I just dont feel 'it' is over.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You can tell by how fast out ice caps melt. And how do we know that the earth is heating up, just look at all of the other planets in out solar system they are also heating up. And if you look out a little more they say that the hole solar system is entering in to a cloud of super heated space, and how do we know that because we are getting closer in line to the center of the milky way, where it it's warming up the re gen of space.

All of this info in on ATS.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for sharing!

My son is one of those that has trouble in the normal school system. The diagnosis...was ADD. He has trouble focusing on one thing unless he is extremely interested in one thing....like a video game (no one can beat him at any of them and he can usually win any game in a day).

Instead of using medication...there is a school academy here in my town that is set up for kids that have trouble staying on one task. He excels there with grades but fails in the normal school system. Its like he has to learn things a certain way or something or he just cant stay focused enough. But give him a math problem or something to figure out and he does wonders. Go figure. Ive always wondered why he had so much trouble focusing...but at some things...his understanding is great. The teachers would get upset for his normal grades were always bad but when they did SAT and exams....he would do above average on all subjects.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsettica
You can tell by how fast out ice caps melt. And how do we know that the earth is heating up, just look at all of the other planets in out solar system they are also heating up. And if you look out a little more they say that the hole solar system is entering in to a cloud of super heated space, and how do we know that because we are getting closer in line to the center of the milky way, where it it's warming up the re gen of space.

All of this info in on ATS.

Can you give me some links that the melting of the ice is due to the center of the earth warming?

I do see that other planets are showing things at their poles...but how can you be sure this is showing warming on them? And again....is this to do with their core center heating?

Can you please lnk me to something that says we are entering a cloud of super heated space?

What do you mean we are getting closer to the center of the milkyway? Are you talking of the alignment of 1998?

Im not trying to be a stickler for links...but Im really wanting some facts if I can get any at all.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I am totally with you. As a parent i set it up early on that I would in no way accept any labels on any of my children, that they are bright and individual and that no one would stand in their way when it comes to my opinion of cookie cutter kids popped out by the public schools institutionalization program.

All of my boys are exceptional in their own unique ways.

But the son I was talking about has a genius which and an intense love of Physics and Astronomy. He is not defined by what people want him to be, he was born with his own path and direction. He was given one, only one award in first grade, it was rather degrading really, something about not focusing on curriculum but talented at staring out the window.

I do believe that as these earth changes begin to manifest the children are going to become our guides into the new paradigm of a higher quantum field of physics and usher in the reality snap that is bound to happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

He was given one, only one award in first grade, it was rather degrading really, something about not focusing on curriculum but talented at staring out the window.

Daydreamers sometimes end up being some of the best creative beings. I agree with you though...the way they put that was a bit degrading. Its hard to encourage creativeness and imagination when school spends 8 hours pressing children to not be kids.

Example of that is where I live...they have no daily recess in elementary school. When I was in elementary...we had 3 recess's a day. They were all only 15 minutes...but long enough for a kid to be a kid aside from the work and study.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Temperature The temperature of the inner core can be estimated using experimental and theoretical constraints on the melting temperature of impure iron at the pressure (about 330 GPa) of the inner core boundary, yielding estimates of 5,700 K (5,430 °C; 9,800 °F).[8] The range of pressure in Earth's inner core is about 330 to 360 gigapascals (3,300,000 to 3,600,000 atm),[9] and iron can only be solid at such high temperatures because its melting temperature increases dramatically at these high pressures.[10]

Is the Earth's core temperature changing? The Earth (including its core) is cooling over time, for similar reasons to those which govern the cooling of a cup of tea: The surroundings are generally cooler, and heat is lost to them through a variety of mechanisms (mostly radiation in the case of the Earth). This cooling process is, however, very slow: The Earth's temperature is reducing by something like 1°C every ten million years*, so there's no need to start panicking just yet.

blogstronomy.blogspot.com...
how reliable this 2nd source it i have no idea..

math.ucr.edu...

Global warming is changing the world we know and love. But in fact, the Earth's climate has changed many times - especially in the last two million years, when a series of ice ages has wreaked havoc worldwide. We need to understand the past to have any chance of understanding the future... so here's a little tale of the Earth's climate. If you prefer charts to words, scroll down! Though the Earth's temperature has been varying ever since its birth, I'll start my story at the beginning of the Cenozoic Era. The Cenozoic - the age of mammals - began with a bang around 65 million years ago when an asteroid smacked into Mexico and the dinosaurs died out. The Cenozoic is divided as follows:

i hope this bit of information helps answer your question

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Thanks for the info.

I guess what Im wondering is if the Sun has ways that can effect the temperature of the Earths core. If there are some sort of particles or waves that can change the way our core behaves.

I know Ive heard about particles that have the ability to go right through the Earth, humans, ect...and I wonder if something 'changes' on the Sun...if the particles it sends to us may be changed, and then changing the reaction of our core.

Something like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join