It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Earth is out of balance -...badly

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

A self-correcting "platform" is an interesting aspect to defining "life". I would grant that as evidence of a living or potentially living entity.
Sentient?
Not so much.

But I would accept the premise as the earth being living. Much as a caterpillar evolves or adapts to a changing environment, as to, the outer surface of the earth adapts and changes as well.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by BlackOps719

Oh please, stop being a little drama queen. If a natural event happens that causes our extinction then so be it, that is natural and is bound to happen at some point, many other species that have lasted relatively unchanged for a heck of alot longer than humans eventually went extinct...Earth has been plodding along happily under far worse circumstances than humans could ever throw at it and will continue to after many more mass extinction events occur, the only thing earth has to worry about is the sun dying. And as i always say to folks like you, take the first step and rid earth of yourself and your evil human ways if you are so passionate about it...you will also rid the rest of humanity of your incessant drivel as a bonus. Of course you won't do that.

edit on 11-3-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

Ok smart guy.....so I suppose your are trying to insinuate anything other than the fact that humans have exploited, poisoned, misused and abused every natural given resource known to this planet?

Are you entirely bind or just willfully ignorant?

Do you see the pollution, the plundering of the rain forrests, the oil spills, the coal mining that has left mountains stripped raw and bleeding with slurry and muck? The countless species of animals we have wiped off the map entirely. How about the damned birds falling from the sky? How about millions of dead fish popping up all over the world? Do you think this type of thing is natural? Are these not signs that we have screwed something up in a big big way?

You call me a drama queen....look around you. It is people like you with the attitude that humans are just doing business as usual that are poisoning this planet. You are the problem!

When your water isnt fit to drink and your air is noxious and filled with cancer causing agents and carcinogens, when your food is filled with things that would make a billy goat vomit and keel over.....what say you? Am I still being a drama queen?

Open your eyes
edit on 3/12/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
These things happen all the time and have nothing to do with humans. Explain the dinosaurs' extinction.

Exactly !

these things happen in cycles, regardless if humanity had become despotic or lacivious, unmoral
and haters/liars/thieves...

in due time, the ice ages come and go, the inter-glacials come to an end,
the stones fall from the sky, anomylous lights are seen in the skies, earthquake swarms
increase in frequency and intensity... regardless of our collective or individual piousness
or worship in devils, goddesses or gods.
the poles reverse or wander, tsunami's happen...not because of some mystical connection with
our morality (or lack thereof) or our mismanagement of the Earth resources

its all about cycles...and respecting/heeding the forces of nature

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

Originally posted by beezzer
I take it that this thread was created in response to the tragedy in Japan.
Anthropomorphize much?

Humans are an arrogant species that actually think that since we build big buildings and create roads and civilizations, that we can govern a planet.

The earth's crust only accounts for 1% of the total mass of the planet. We occupy 0.5% of that crust. Try to put things in perspective here. We occupy 0.000005% of the planet. (if my math is correct)

It's nice to be poetic, I suppose, but reality has to enter the picture sooner or later.
edit on 12-3-2011 by beezzer because: speling errer

ah its so sweet to see the modern scientific rhetoric being spat out like its the gospel truth.

just like in the old days when christianity was the gospel truth.

propaganda at schools and uni clearly does work.

all you 'science worshippers' might want to consider that the science you worship which you think proves everything is unemotional and unconscious might lead you in a very strange and interesting direction in the future.

or maybe you just dont know enough science to know that the stuff i'm talking about is not so crazy afterall..

no use talking to you guys...

it'll probably take a few pole shifts before any sense gets through by the looks of it.

Please see next post.

edit on 12/3/2011 by Psychoparrot because: Whoops, posted twice

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I take it that this thread was created in response to the tragedy in Japan.
Anthropomorphize much?

Humans are an arrogant species that actually think that since we build big buildings and create roads and civilizations, that we can govern a planet.

The earth's crust only accounts for 1% of the total mass of the planet. We occupy 0.5% of that crust. Try to put things in perspective here. We occupy 0.000005% of the planet. (if my math is correct)

It's nice to be poetic, I suppose, but reality has to enter the picture sooner or later.
edit on 12-3-2011 by beezzer because: speling errer

ah its so sweet to see the modern scientific rhetoric being spat out like its the gospel truth.

just like in the old days when christianity was the gospel truth.

propaganda at schools and uni clearly does work.

all you 'science worshippers' might want to consider that the science you worship which you think proves everything is unemotional and unconscious might lead you in a very strange and interesting direction in the future.

or maybe you just dont know enough science to know that the stuff i'm talking about is not so crazy afterall..

no use talking to you guys...

it'll probably take a few pole shifts before any sense gets through by the looks of it.

rapunzel222 - I coundn't agree more with the comments you have made here and it was a joy to see them, so I hope you don't leave the room.

I'd rather live in your world, or should I say reality, than many peoples' here. Science as a belief system is a pretty dodgy one to have complete faith in, and every civilisation over the course of history seem to have been convinced they knew what was what.....until the next event/discovery.

Also, as I understand things, scientific research these days goes with the money, no potential profits then don't bother. What could we be actually missing out on?

The concept of the Earth being Gaia, a living organism in her own right, has always struck a chord in me, and for years I have said that humanity is like a nasty dose of lice, initially just a nuicance, eventually a major infestation with terrible irritation.

Mother Earth having a scratch?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The reason we are having these quakes is because of the Mass Coronal Ejections by our sun, is causing our Magnetosphere to go ape#. We had an X -Flare two days ago, and then yesterday it hit and Japan went. spaceweather.com... to learn more for yourself.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
...and the biggest religion thanks a man instead of the one ho does love and gives to them.

You really seem to assume much...

Originally posted by autowrenchSad.

I'd say so.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It's because the earth is becoming more and more disproportioned, just if you have a big tennis ball the size of a soccer ball, and you put velcro balls onto it and roll it, it's not going to go straight but veer off to the side which has a considerable amount of velcro balls. Same goes for fat people and pregnant women, they have bad backs because the can't support the weight.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yes everything is a cycle the earth included. But what happens when you disrupt that cycle?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Perhaps if more showed the Mother that they did care about Her, and thanked Her for everything she gives, which IS everything, She would make this last ride a little easier for us. But, we did dig Her body out, and pump Her blood out and burn it in our cars, and we did pollute Her ground, water, and air, and the biggest religion thanks a man instead of the one ho does love and gives to them. Sad.

This is the truth and the tragedy.

There is no pill she can take although many are waiting for that.
It is a shame that all the tears in the world still will not mend the world.

We need
not only to change...
change needs to be mandated.

We are in a state of emergency...
and so should start with a FIRST DO NO HARM promise to the planet
the way a doctor does his patient.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
It's because the earth is becoming more and more disproportioned, just if you have a big tennis ball the size of a soccer ball, and you put velcro balls onto it and roll it, it's not going to go straight but veer off to the side which has a considerable amount of velcro balls. Same goes for fat people and pregnant women, they have bad backs because the can't support the weight.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

Science major are you?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

OP ...what do you think caused Earth to be so destructive in her past when forming when mankind was not on Earth yet?

Why do we have any reason to think that Earth is supposed to be a settled unchanging place?

Do you really think that if you took mankind away...that earthquakes, volcanoes, super storms ect...would cease?

We only take it personal because it effects our lives here. Other wise, looking at Earth without mankind here...she goes through changes just like everything else of this Universe.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have always felt that the Earth is a living thing beyond human comprehension. We as a species have thrown things way out of balance. Mother Earth will restore balance once again and Mankind will be reset. I don't believe humans will ever be completely wiped out, just enough for our collective intelligence to be set back a couple of thousand years or so.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It is pay back time - nature style.

Looking at it another way -

As we breathe we take in the breath and push it out. As an elastic band is pulled it has to return to its original position. History is cyclical as indicated by Terrance McKenna's TimeWave zero. It repeats and repeats but every time it has a different magnitude.

Instead of looking at all this as "evil" maybe we should look it as Natural. I definitely don't want mother earth to be hurt but maybe we should not be looking at it as polarity. Polarity is what brought us here in the first place.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

and she intends to right herself. because balance always has to be restored.

that's why we're having so many natural disasters right now.

The Earth doesn't experience natural disasters........man does.

Man likes to think it controls nature........but he really doesn't.........man is always going to be at the mercy of nature.........
The Japan tsunami will have caused untold death and destruction........to man and his properties........but the Earth is still functioning the same way it functioned before March 11.

"Natural disasters" ........always occur somewhere around the world......the frequency hasn't risen any, it's just the perception of them and how they are reported these days.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How does everyone know that Earth is a "mother" and not a "father"?

Let me guess, you pulled up it's skirt and checked?

No really....why do people personalize Earth as a female?

Seems really absurd, illogical, and unproven.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
and the poor wheat barley that prematurely get's cut down every harvest and doesn't get to swing in the breeze with the rest his family. later shredded to bits by barbaric machinery and processed so italians can turn it into pasta, the french bread and the americans budweiser.

the poor defenseless head of lettuce, who gets decapitated and turned into salad. poor lettuce, picked away with the rest of his brethren in a vegetable holocaust.

and let us not forget the carrot. snug and warm, dug deep in his earthy home, painfully yanked by his hair, then his flesh cruelly stripped from his body with a metal razor and then boiled alive and eaten.

has man no mercy. the pain and horror that poor carrot must of felt. nothing is more cruel than eating a carrot.

let us all now starve to death, so chickens can frolic together looking for worms until they die and rot 3 years later and get eaten by maggots, and the poor carrot can grow into winter and freeze and dry up, so come spring time, the snow water can turn it into a rotting mush.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

i think we are all still her children and she loves us

Do you think that might be why she's being so very gentle in her growth spurt?

we could learn a lot from the philosophy of indigenous ppls towards nature

If you really want to help her, love her. Hold her hand. Open your heart like an eye and gaze upon her tenderly, appreciatively. Allow yourself to observe non-judgementally and to see and accept everything that she is. Thank her for providing an environment for us. Intend for her growth to be painless and comfortable. Gentle.

Everyone benefits form this.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Mother Earth Mother Earth Mother Earth. No beginning. No ending

Mother Earth is the realm of great cyclessss.

Mother Earth is the realm of Beginningless.

Mother Earth is the Mother Nature.

Mother Earth is the origin of "conscious light" whereas all living souls began.

She is your Mother and your Father too. Show some respect.

Before the great recycle of Mother Nature. Dudes

edit on 12-3-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

The earths rotation is speeding up because soil and what not is being shifted at an enormous rate due to the development of land to cater for growing populations. Just like you don't get as much mileage out of a deflated tyre (tire, for you Americans...)
edit on 13-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join