It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Earth is out of balance -...badly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
and she intends to right herself. because balance always has to be restored.

that's why we're having so many natural disasters right now.

things that are causing the lack of balance are:

cruel and inhumane treatment of her animal children on a massive global scale

*e.g. pigs in piggeries in tiny stalls that scream all day so the workers have to wear earmuffs
* chickens in chicken factories born and put on conveyor belts that spend their lives in a tiny cage and never see sunlight or peck for worms, then suffer a cruel premature death
*and so on.

sure, nature is cruel too; i suppose life wasn't meant to be easy.

but so much animal suffering must be putting nature out of balance on this planet. i think it's TOO much.

carelessness and lack of respect towards the planets and trees; and rivers and streams -

her blood and body so they say

mass logging and so on. massive pollution of our waters etc.

the self indulgence of a few humans compared with the suffering of billions who have nothing and children who starve while westerners fight an obesity epidemic.

and so on.

you get the general idea.

humans have had plenty of warning signs but didnt take the lesson

so mother nature is about to teach them a lesson they probably wont forget for a long time

i think we are all still her children and she loves us; but i think our behaviour has made her sad and sick
and she now has no option but to unleash her full power
until her children learn some respect and to moderate their behaviour...

and i think we could learn a lot from the philosophy of indigenous ppls towards nature e.g. aborigines and american indians..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Perhaps if more showed the Mother that they did care about Her, and thanked Her for everything she gives, which IS everything, She would make this last ride a little easier for us. But, we did dig Her body out, and pump Her blood out and burn it in our cars, and we did pollute Her ground, water, and air, and the biggest religion thanks a man instead of the one ho does love and gives to them. Sad.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
that's one way to put our situation at.in some level i agree.animals should never ever be harmed!!! let mother nature shake off some weight....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
These things happen all the time and have nothing to do with humans. Explain the dinosaurs' extinction.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Mother nature is going to rid itself of it's parasiteic human infestation, much as a dog will shake off it's fleas.

And there is not one single thing in the world that we can do to stop it.

We were arrogant fools to have ever thought we were in control.

Mankind will soon be humbled and wiped off the face of the Earth forever, and rightfully so as we deserve it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

cruel and inhumane treatment of her animal children on a massive global scale
Ok...I stopped reading just about there, because I doubt the Earth is some how conscious and getting it's revenge on us pesky humans.

I do however, believe that something is out of balance with the Earth or the solar system, it might even be something on a galactic scale.

There is a logical and scientific explanation for these events. The Earth is not angry with us, it's a chunk of rock, but I don't think it's all just coincidence.

edit on 11-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I dont think the earth would have to be conscious to go into defence mode

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

amen on that

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

(SNIP) If a natural event happens that causes our extinction then so be it, that is natural and is bound to happen at some point, many other species that have lasted relatively unchanged for a heck of alot longer than humans eventually went extinct...Earth has been plodding along happily under far worse circumstances than humans could ever throw at it and will continue to after many more mass extinction events occur, the only thing earth has to worry about is the sun dying. (SNIP)
edit on 11-3-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit/Note: Civility and Decorum Are Required
edit on 12/3/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Bloody hell, this forum seems to be a magnet for many self-loathing depressive/teenage angst ridden drama queens.

Tomorrow, a car crash will happen down the street of their residence and they'll say Mother Nature farted.

BlackOps719 sounds like the type ripe for performing massacres.

People just need something to hate now-a-days it seems.

By the way, to all those complaining about us leeching of the earth's "blood" and etc etc. Why are you even using a computer you hypocrite? Have you no idea of how your computer is powered?
edit on 11-3-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

Defense mode? Against humans? For killing other animals? What does the Earth care if we kill trees and nature? As an earlier poster mentioned, the Earth wiped out the dinosaurs, what did they ever do? It was simply an event caused by external factors, not the Earth going into defense mode. Environmental things such as earthquakes and volcanoes are not weapons, they are a naturally occurring system which can be described and understood. They aren't the result of the Earth deciding it needs to wipe out humans.

edit on 11-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think its possible for the Earth to start defending herself. We are drilling oil, destroying the land, and polluting the air and waters. The Earth is a living organism and what do living organisms do when something is attacking them? Their natural defences kick in. So why would the earth be any different? I dont think it would. If this is what is happening right now then we brought it on ourselves. Not saying this is what is happening just saying i think its a possibility.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I never said the earth decided to kill humans for killing animals. Where did I say that? lol your funny

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Coming from Earths perspective...this may all be normal for her. We have been on Earth very little time to really know how she works and what we do know if that history repeats itself.

To say that Earth always being in balance...is normal....is something I dont think I would ever say. Her history is chalk full of unexpected things.

I think the sooner we can all embrace that Earth is always changing....the sooner we can always try to be prepared and never assume, she should be 'settle'.

I dont think anything of recent is a part of mankinds fault...I think the 'big events' would of still happened, with or without mankind on Earth.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I never said the earth decided to kill humans for killing animals.
lol, no, the OP did. What defenses do you propose the Earth has then? What does a chunk of rock need to defend it's self from? I can see maybe aspects of the ecosystem and environment with built in defense systems, but the Earth, no. The worste thing nature could unleash on us would probably be something similar to that movie where the trees kill everyone with some sort of neurotoxin. But these events aren't related to any of that, the OP is very far from the truth, there is a very complex set of factors behind these events, environmental changes caused by non-conscious external factors. I suggest people study up on things like the Mayan calender, I don't really know, just go where the evidence takes you, think out of the box, then post theories that are beyond the realm of "the Earth is mad".

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply topost by WhizPhiz

I never said I agreed that the earth was mad or that it was consious. Or that these events that are occuring now are in fact beecause the earth is in defense mode. It just seems like it would be a possibility.(For it to go into defence mode) I posted a link to an article I read that suggests that the earth is a living organism. So I was just saying that when living organisms are attacked they defend themselves. Why wouldnt the earth have those capabilities too?

asunews.asu.edu...
edit on 11-3-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
[ the self indulgence of a few humans compared with the suffering of billions who have nothing and children who starve while westerners fight an obesity epidemic

I would like to say that I for one never understood why a person would continually spit out children like a pez dispenser knowing that they couldn't feed them! As a "westerner" with food readily availble, I still chose to limit myself to two children! I think that a bit of education and some birth control would go along way in some instances in making in change for the better on that subject.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Greenize because: quote

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

If the Earth were a living organism it might do so, but it isn't, and even if it were, how are we harming it? The OP claims because we are harming animals and nature, but that would suggest the Earth cares about the life on it, and it happens to use earthquakes and volcanoes when it decides any species is getting out of hand? That is so ridiculous. There are forces in the Earth, such as tectonic plates pressing together, these forces must release pressure at point, it isn't the result of the Earth consciously causing it. Something of a very understandable and logical nature is causing the Earth to be under stress (caused by forces such as gravity, not emotional stress), and it's triggering the release of built up pressure in volcanoes and earthquakes, there's nothing super magical about it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I agree..and its such a touchy subject because it gets into the nasty stuff against the rights of others.

But really...its for the rights of the children. I knew a girl that was always on aid and she had 4 kids. Eventually they were all taken from her and placed into foster homes. Know they have been adopted and thank god they all got adopted into ONE home. I felt after the first two...she really should of got her tubes tied. It just so happened her last pregnancy was twins...the last thing she needed. It drove her down hill fast, into drugs and depression.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I take it that this thread was created in response to the tragedy in Japan.
Anthropomorphize much?

Humans are an arrogant species that actually think that since we build big buildings and create roads and civilizations, that we can govern a planet.

The earth's crust only accounts for 1% of the total mass of the planet. We occupy 0.5% of that crust. Try to put things in perspective here. We occupy 0.000005% of the planet. (if my math is correct)

It's nice to be poetic, I suppose, but reality has to enter the picture sooner or later.
edit on 12-3-2011 by beezzer because: speling errer

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join