It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heartbreaking photos of the Japan disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
www.boston.com...

I dont any any words, the pictures speak for them selfs

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
After viewing those images, take a moment to think about the survivors in heavily damaged areas of northeast Japan, where there is literally no way out, roads and bridges impassable, sea ports devastated, airports out of service (runways damaged) railroad tracks damaged, no services (water, electricity, sewage, phone/cell communications internet etc.)

Yeah, that would suck.

You never know what you got, until it's all gone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They say a 1000 dead. But how did they all get out of the tsunami path so quickly. Surely it's in the thousands...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
They say a 1000 dead. But how did they all get out of the tsunami path so quickly. Surely it's in the thousands...

You would think that but look at picture 5. Notice the car doors are all shut. I think these photos are indeed heartbreaking but I also feel confident that these people had some sort of warning or else we would see cars with broken windshields and open doors. They probably were able to get out in time. At least I hope.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Sorry but I do not share your sympathy, its just mother nature paying them back for all the senseless slaughtering of whales, dolphins, sharks etc. because of thier idiotic belief in some ancient remedy. Mother nature played payback today and easily won. Today was a good day for mother nature maybe those people will start to respect its awesome power and the innocence of all the whales they've senselessly murdered so they could drink its body parts in some tea that will cure whatever ails you. Sorry but I don't have respect for people that dont have respect for nature and all the creatures that inhabit earth.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

Sorry but I do not share your sympathy, its just mother nature paying them back for all the senseless slaughtering of whales, dolphins, sharks etc. because of thier idiotic belief in some ancient remedy. Mother nature played payback today and easily won. Today was a good day for mother nature maybe those people will start to respect its awesome power and the innocence of all the whales they've senselessly murdered so they could drink its body parts in some tea that will cure whatever ails you. Sorry but I don't have respect for people that dont have respect for nature and all the creatures that inhabit earth.

Every living creature that inhabits the earth?> might aswell slay us all then...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If I had to describe those photos in a single word.. it would be, haunting.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer

Every living creature that inhabits the earth?> might aswell slay us all then...

Be careful what you ask and I would like to put it out there, that although you are a fellow member . You don't speak for me. Just trying to obsolve myself from any bad karma you might have just awakened. I mean why call attention to the obvious guy?

edit on 11-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Aliensdoexist

Although I understand your feelings, of a custom, that should have died at least a hundred years ago. You might be forgetting the tragedy involves inocense. Little children who can't help the customs they were born to and have never taken part of.

Your ignorance of this, makes you seem at this point, a very calus and cold individual. Of which I hope isn't the case at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

You weren't kidding when ya said you're sorry, eh? ;-D

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by grindhouzer

Be careful what you ask and I would like to put it out there, that although you are a fellow member . You don't speak for me. Just trying to obsolve myself from any bad karma you might have just awakened. I mean why call attention to the obvious guy?

Aliensdoexist

Although I understand your feelings, of a custom, that should have died at least a hundred years ago. You might be forgetting the tragedy involves inocense. Little children who can't help the customs they were born to and have never taken part of.

Your ignorance of this, makes you seem at this point, a very calus and cold individual. Of which I hope isn't the case at all.

I'm not a cold person just battle hardened by seeing what man has destroyed and I actually do feel sorry for the children, yes they did not ask to be part of a tradition they are born into. Maybe I should've been more specific instead of just generalizing the whole Japanese society.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Sorry but I do not share your sympathy, its just mother nature paying them back for all the senseless slaughtering of whales, dolphins, sharks etc

I undertand what your saying, I used to feel this way. The way they raped mother Earth by killing the creatures you mention, and many more like the Tiger etc.

Dont we (people of all other nations) also do the same?

dont get me wrong i am still angry at them (the Japanese) for the continued killings of endangered animals for traditional foods and medicines. but as the world becomes more connected i do think/hope these traditions are coming to an end.

I am a father of two beautiful girls, and watching that wall of water washing away everything made me think of all the kids, fathers, and mothers who had no escape. I cried.

top topics

join