It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent 8.9 could create gridocks that could trigger large quakes in other regions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ok last year the first major quake was in California, a magnitude5.5 if I recall properly. When I saw this I realized that due to the movement of the north american plate away from the northern rim of the Caribbean plate, room was created for movement of the Caribbean plate, particularly along the cayman trench resulting in the Haiti earthquake, and the 5.8 of the coast of grand cayman. This also increased the number of microquakes along the Puerto Rico trench.

The Movement of the pacific plate against the north american plate, caused the lower portion of the pacific plate to push against the nazca plate, causing the cocos plate to shift to the east and north slightly. This gave the caribbean plate under the pressure of three large plates room for rotation resulting in a seeming belt of seismic activity from haiti to mexico. This rotation added extra pressure to the cocos plate and consequently the nazca plate, this resulted in our chile earthquake as the nazca plate overcame the stress and slid underneath the south american plate. This consequently caused the southeastern portion of the pacific plate to move with the nazca plate building preasure min new zealand, hence the new zealand earthquake. This added stress to the North North eastern tip of the australian plate resulting in the massive china quake.

Of course there were other quakes in between but I can't recall.

However with the pacific plate making a big movement underneath the eurasian plate, it is likely that pressure has built in alaska, south america and the west coast. More so alaska and the west coast. However if the energy is released a little at a time there might not be an issue. Also watch oceana. Point the next quake is going to be in the ring of fire, if its west coast the Caribbean could be affected.

Hours after the quake no other significant quakes were recorded apart from aftershocks, and volcano related quakes in hawaii. Recently 5-10 mins before this post there was a quake in oceana (new zealand)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

Also see the activity in Indonesia's volcano and yellow stone activity...and also 6.1 earthquake in Tonga .....and still the media says there's no connection?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedevos1
reply to post by shikori

Also see the activity in Indonesia's volcano and yellow stone activity...and also 6.1 earthquake in Tonga .....and still the media says there's no connection?

Yeah, our mainstream media is either totally deaf, dumb and blind or as arrogant that they want to hide something..something that can take out whole bundle if pulled out

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

It was a 6.5 actually, caused by the Gorda plate subducting NE under the North American plate.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Scared the crap outta me...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just got a email this morning from Earth Changes Media & I decided to look at it since it's subject line was on Earth Quakes , It was saying that :

A group of geologists and seismologists have come forward with a dire analogy of the next major earthquake and tsunami - would occur on the US Northwest coastline. This area is known as the Cascadia Subduction Zone. This is an ocean-bottom fault line which goes from Northern California - north to Vancouver, Canada

WARNING: Better Than 50-50 Chance of Cascadia Subduction Zone Eruption & had an image which enlarged to it's own page I'll post that link below . Just throwing this out here in case it has something to do with your point of thinking . The site is a pay site and they only send out teasers so no great deal of information is in the email & I'm only on the list not a member .
John

www.earthchangesmedia.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kentuckycowboy2

That fits in almost perfectly with what ability h said about Alaska/North America.

I dont know if academia been taking a large enough veiw when looking at earthquakes. The initial premise that is the seed for this post is that ALL fault lines and tectonic stresses are roared to one another and that significant events reverberate throug the globe.

top topics

join