It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mabey someone on here can help me or give advice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
yaa JaxonRoberts seems like abit of a tool (well more then a bit) I didnt know this was a punctuation and grammar lesson hahaha with zero reference to the content of the post, he must have been having a bad day. He seemed to be genuinely angry with you dude lol.

Try recording yourself with your phone in low-res video a standard phone would give you about 6/7 hours or even just audio with a mp3 player. You could tie a piece of string to your arm or leg. place a basin of water at the bottom of your bed (you might be sleep walking) You could cut your fingernails or mark them with some type of coloring that will rub off. that type of stuff

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
il see what i can do i have audio recording software on my pc and a decent external mic. i have no cell phone or anything that records video currently but il see what i can do in the near future
edit on 11-3-2011 by stormy01399 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
lol i just ignore negitive remarks like that dosent phase me one bit. lol
edit on 11-3-2011 by stormy01399 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This may sound silly but if YOU are responsible for the scratches then it is most probably your nails. Wear gloves and socks to bed. Then check and see if any new scratches appear.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
thanks mari i will try that tonight and report back to you all tomarow thanks for all of your help it was greatly appriciated thanks agin.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I havent read all the post here but if nobodies mentioned it yet just try setting up a camera and videotaping yourself while you sleep. That alone might give you the answer's that you need.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the scratches look like. The only thing I thought of that hasn't been mentioned is the possibility of a small critter such as a mouse, rat, or squirrel. I once had a squirrel jump on and off my chest while sleeping. I'm not sure how it got in the house unless it got in through the attic or chimney somehow.

Sleepwalking is something I thought of. Do you get the scratches only in your house or also when you are away? If it's only when you're home, then it's something in your house.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
hi stormy, most of my thoughts & ideas have been mentioned by other members already

only other thing i can think of is a sleep disorder called the night-terrors...
surprisingly, sufferers are unable to recall their fearful episodes later, once awake... during the episode itself, the person is not actually awake, yet appear to be... i wonder if this can lead to the person get out of bed, thrash about in fear, resulting in accidental injuries while falling/stumbling into furniture in the dark... not exactly like sleep-walking, although the injuries could obviously be sustained in the same way... sounds weird that sufferers have no recollection afterwards, & sounds even stranger that they may not be aware they are hurting/injuring themselves during an episode... but still, as you have no idea yourself, i guess it may be more plausible than it seems

i hope you get to the bottom of it - must be really frustrating & weird for you

www.nightterrors.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
surround yourself with a circle of white light in your head before you sleep. Make sure the circle is complete. Do that 3 times in your head. Don't let anything break the circle through the night. If a cat or dog breaks it or you go for a bathroom, do it again.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I have no recollection of this, but my parents tell me that as a child I used to wake up covered with fine scratches and claim it was spiders that did it. They assume it was self afflicted, but always add the scratches seemed too fine to have been done with my nails.

But definitely, the first step is to go to bed with socks on your feet and hands to rule out that it's something self inflicted. The fact that your blankets are thrown across the room would suggest this is the case. SHould the scratches persist after this, then video and audio recordings would be the next logical step. But start with covering your nails, since it's the simplest approach.

Looking forward to hearing how that goes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Wow, that was incredibly rude. Looks like that gooey, soft spot in your heart that spills out with love is under alot of stuff!!!! It takes alot of courage to ask for help. Wait I have an idea.........be compassionate!!!!!
Peace to you buddy,
Maria

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
zip fastener of the pillow slip. I took me months to find that out. Had scratches in my face almost every morning

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I used to get the same thing when I was a teenager. I would wake up with a multitude of tiny scratches all over me, and I was a nailbiter as a teen so I definitely wasn't scratching myself, since I couldn't even satisfyingly scratch my nose lol. They did not hurt, and most of the time if I couldn't see them, I'd only find out they were there after accidentally ripping off a scab, which did hurt, just a little. It stopped happening when I got my cat, and I suspect because I got the cat. I don't know why, and I don't know what was doing it, but the cat made it stop.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pattonisit
hi stormy, most of my thoughts & ideas have been mentioned by other members already

only other thing i can think of is a sleep disorder called the night-terrors...
surprisingly, sufferers are unable to recall their fearful episodes later, once awake... during the episode itself, the person is not actually awake, yet appear to be... i wonder if this can lead to the person get out of bed, thrash about in fear, resulting in accidental injuries while falling/stumbling into furniture in the dark... not exactly like sleep-walking, although the injuries could obviously be sustained in the same way... sounds weird that sufferers have no recollection afterwards, & sounds even stranger that they may not be aware they are hurting/injuring themselves during an episode... but still, as you have no idea yourself, i guess it may be more plausible than it seems

i hope you get to the bottom of it - must be really frustrating & weird for you

www.nightterrors.org...

That's the first thing I thought of as well. Also, what type of blanket/comforter or pillows do you sleep with? If it's down, some of those feathers can have hard spikes that would definitely scratch and sometimes if the outer cover of a comforter or pillow wears thin, feathers can start popping out. Whatever it is, I hope you figure it out and get some relief soon. Take care and keep us posted!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
hello evryone sorry i havent posted recently i tried the gloves its still and its still happening. i also put down a tarp on my floor and did the flower no signs of me geting up other then when i got up to get something to eat. im going to set up my laptop tonight if i remember and set it up so it only detects motion it might not be too good of quality but should work. il do my best to keep u all updated. some of my family realized i was bring this up on here and are harrasing me about it but il do what i can. thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

What kind of a douc--bag tells other people what they can and can not write. You the thought police douche?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stormy01399

The video idea is good. I hope it helps you figure out what's happening.

Too bad about your family. Try to stay cool with them.

And you don't need hypnosis to remember past experiences. All you need is someone to help you remember. You should be able to do it fully awake if you work at it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hey Stormy, I just came across this!

Seems you're not alone by a long shot.

UNEXPLAINED PHENOMENON

MYSTERY SCRATCHES Have you ever woken up in the morning to find strange and unexplained scratches or bruises on your body and in places you couldn’t have reached yourself. Well ... even if you haven’t millions of others have. In fact, there are internet forums where people describe the phenomenon and desperately appeal for explanations and help. (Just google: “strange cuts and scratches” or “mysterious scratches on body”) In most cases the scratches are mild and disappear in a day or two and the vast majority of these cases never get medically reported as the sufferers usually convince themselves that they are somehow self inflicted. Others attribute the injuries to bug bites, allergic reactions or even something that happened during the day that they failed to notice at the time.

Usually the incident is forgotten as soon as the bruises vanish or the scratches fade. However, persistent sufferers go to great lengths to rule out these possibilities. There have been cases of sufferers wearing gloves to bed, fumigating their houses and even taking full medical allergy tests all to no avail. In one case a woman went to the extreme length of having a friend watch her while she slept and still woke up with new bruises and scratches. According to her friend nothing strange happened except for a period when the victim tossed and turned restlessly for about 15 minutes. Doctors try to put forward rational explanations for this condition such as the skin disease Pityriasis Rosea but most of these thoroughly fail to convince those that have actually experienced it happening to them. The phenomenon has persisted through the centuries and in the past has been explained by demons, having-a-devil-on-your-back, goblin fury, divine punishments and even encounters with incubi or succubae. In some cases the victims report that in addition to the scratches and bruises they have other more disturbing injuries.

I'm sorry it doesn't give any answers but worth more research I think.

Source
edit on 14-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius
reply to post by Skate

What kind of a douc--bag tells other people what they can and can not write. You the thought police douche?

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, not a very nice comment Liberterius! You never know what kind of situations people live in and just because you and I have the privacy of having our own computer where we can write our personal comments without backlash from obnoxious family members, doesn't mean that the OP has the same luxury. I agree that it's ignorant people who criticize what others write, but the world is not the same for all of us. Just sayin...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stormy01399

This same thing was happing to my cousin a few years ago and it lasted for about 2-3 years. she was waking up coverd in small scratches and cuts on her body.so she done what you done and moved all her things around in her bedroom but it continued, then she changed her mattress and all her bedding and even started waring two pairs of pjs for bed but it continued. after about two years she was really starting to get freaked out and thought something really bad was happening to her, so we put a video camera in her bedroom and we discoverd that she was sleep walking wich was a huge relife for her and then the cuts stopped and she said that she was slepping better. but about 8 weeks later the cuts started reappering so we went to check the tape to see if we could find any sort of connection and what we found was quite interesting but upsetting for my cousin, what we found was that at exactly 3.30 everynight the camera went fuzzy like black and white for about 5-10 mins and then when the camera worked agen you could see that all of her bedding was on the other side of the room and she looked like she had been in a fight.

after we discoverd this my cousin moved house and has been fine since she sleeps fine and has had no problems. I asked her for some fottage of her camera to put on this thread but she refused.

I hope this helps you and doesnt freak you out but i strongly reccomend tapeing yourself while you sleep it might have all the answers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join