It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with my background image?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have tried on numerous occasions to try and set my background image with a size of 180x480 but it never turns out full size. It is cut off. It turns out full size when I have an avatar added to it though.

Why will my background image not display its full size without an avatar added? And how can I correct this?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hey Mis,

You have to create a clear .gif image the same size as your background to make if flush.

ETA:

Here Mis... Put this link (minus the space) into your avatar space and click "submit", it'll fix it.

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0785735f0068.png
edit on 3/11/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

**Facepalm**

Thanks a ton Heff!

Close thread if you would like.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks, Heff!! That was the long-missing "transparent gif" I'd been hunting for (you don't know how many hours I've been scouring htis site, and the Web...Google "transparent gif avatar" and an old thread by Loam pops up....but, it's a template of some sort, so no joy there...).

Now.... gotta adjust my text color....(grrrrr.....I need more of that Tiger's Blood Beverage ® )

I just don't have that Adonis DNA, I'm afraid.....but, am thinking of getting a blue pony named "Steve"...

BTW: Hexadecimal color codes: www.computerhope.com...

edit on 11 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

and all the while, a simple right click over the avatar area of someone with a full size background image would have provdided you with your clear (invisible) .gif image.

Skeptic Overlord threw me a bone in one of the avatar threads back in october.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

?

LOL!! Quoting Homer Simpson....."D'oh!!" Hey, I was proud of my 'ingenuity'....as far as I can throw it, anyway....

Still tweaking, tho.....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by weedwhacker

and all the while, a simple right click over the avatar area of someone with a full size background image would have provdided you with your clear (invisible) .gif image.

Skeptic Overlord threw me a bone in one of the avatar threads back in october.

Thanks for the advice, there's sure a lot of threads that I read through just to solve the problem.

...so I'm using your transparent gif from now on

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

well...that is a pretty nice avi. I like dark art (like painting, not like Professor Snape).

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

well...that is a pretty nice avi. I like dark art (like painting, not like Professor Snape).

It's a screenpic from in the game Silent Hill 3, near the end of the game in the church of The Order where the save symbol is large and on the floor. It's a pretty dark game

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm having background issues too just like the OP.

I've got my background which is 186 x 448 (but its jpg not sure if this matters?). I've got my invisible gif from one of you guys and made it the same size and stuck it in the avatar bit but it doesn't seem to have made any noticeable difference. My pic is still cut off at the bottom, and the bottom writing is covering stuff up.

Now I'm no computer genius, but I can follow instructions and it doesn't seemed to have worked. Or maybe its just I'm attempting this at 12:30am and only slept 5 hours last night

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

this is what its meant to look like

edit on 12/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Try using your avatar image as the "background" and use the clear Gif as the "avatar".

Springer...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Cheers for taking the time to respond Springer, that's what I thought I'd done. But it turns out all I actually need was a good nights sleep.

When I thought I was re-sizing the invisible gif in Picture Manager even though I typed in the new pixel size I'd failed to click 'custom size', and was in fact leaving the 'Original Size' box checked.

new topics

top topics

join