It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone ever heard of a blocker before??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
hi this is my 1st thread . i was wondering if anybody had any information about this when i was younger my mam used to take me to the spiritulist church with her and when i first went in[i was 14 at the time] we got approached by the medium and he said to my mam that the moment i walked in he couldnt pick a thing up and i was the cause as im a blocker. i know it could of just been him making exuses but ive been to many different mediums over the years now[im 27 now] and been told i shut them down ive had offers to develop my skills[ive seen spirits in the past and spoke to them when i was younger] . i was just wanting to know if anybody had heard of this or has any information thanx

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i think you misheard the guy...

he actually said 'blockhead'.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by papathetata

a similar thing hapend to my partner years ago,my partner and her mother went to a house to get spiritual reading,and my partner(she was 16 then) was promptly told by the spiritualist you cant come in because you have bad vibes...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
i think you misheard the guy...

he actually said 'blockhead'.

i heard him right but i have been called a blockhead b4

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
ive never been told i have bad vibes just i seem to block mediums picking anything up

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Everyone blocks to some extent. Most based on not wanting the psychic to see what they wish to hide.. it's a fear thing, even if you are not aware of it at the time.

Sure it could be an excuse by someone who is not skilled, but I know from my own work that I have to spend time with people so that they can relax, after which we can set to work. Everyone has things they don't want seen, so their automatic blocking comes into play.

A very clear psychic will be able to push past that.. but it takes a lot of effort and skill to do so.. and it is very draining. I used to have to sleep after a hard session with someone who blocks the whole time.

I wouldn't bother myself worrying over it. Many poor psychics will say things that people take to heart and worry about from then on.. don't be one of those people.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Years ago a friend I was with at a Spiritualist church was singled out and we were asked to leave because my friend had such a strong presence that all communication was blocked out. That's all I know.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Everyone blocks to some extent. Most based on not wanting the psychic to see what they wish to hide.. it's a fear thing, even if you are not aware of it at the time.

Sure it could be an excuse by someone who is not skilled, but I know from my own work that I have to spend time with people so that they can relax, after which we can set to work. Everyone has things they don't want seen, so their automatic blocking comes into play.

A very clear psychic will be able to push past that.. but it takes a lot of effort and skill to do so.. and it is very draining. I used to have to sleep after a hard session with someone who blocks the whole time.

I wouldn't bother myself worrying over it. Many poor psychics will say things that people take to heart and worry about from then on.. don't be one of those people.

thank you i used to get lots of ...how do i put it eerm signs that my grandparents were close as in smells of tobacco when no 1 smoked in the house and used to wake up and kinda see someone at the foot of my bed for a split second and even tho i never felt threatend it did kinda scare and confuse me. from what i found out about my family there seems to be a few of them who are able to see spirits

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Years ago a friend I was with at a Spiritualist church was singled out and we were asked to leave because my friend had such a strong presence that all communication was blocked out. That's all I know.

we were never asked to leave but one of the mediums did offer to do a session with me after the meeting but to be honest it freaked me out at the time so we declined

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
They are afraid of that which they can't see. I think it perturbs them that my mind is genuinley empty (and that even my thoughts are paradoxical and confusing), as it runs against their ideas on human consciousness and thier constructs of logic and reason. They cannot perceive a being to exist without the mind, so a mind that is empty, is almost impossible to their comprehension. You have to realise, they pride themselves on being able to "see" where others cannot, when they can't "see" you, it creates a deep-seated sense of envy. This is especially true with hive-minded people, as they strive for individuality but will copy each other at the same time - anyone that they can't see, they cannot copy, and this infuritates them.
edit on 12-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I hate blockers, always flirting with you but never going anywhere with it.
Or when your mate always interrupts you with something "urgent".
Oh, oh right - your talking about a psychic blocker - um, me to.

edit on 12-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Its always at the last second, that split second >_<

Anyway, in terms of protecting the mind from being read, it operates in the same way, however, its more like having to keep an eye on your mind in case other minds try to talk to it without you seeing...

new topics

top topics

join