Japanese earthquake the latest natural disaster to have been caused by a 'SuperMoon'?

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
As many of us here at ATS have predicted, the coming Moon Event will cause disasters on a Global scale. Japan, I believe was the precursor. Did some digging and put together some info to share.

The powerful tsunami that today slammed into Japan's eastern coast comes just two days after warnings that the movement of the moon could trigger unpredictable events on Earth.

Astrologers predicted that on March 19 - a week tomorrow - the so-called 'supermoon' will be closer to Earth than at any time since 1992, just 221,567 miles away, and that its gravitational pull will bring chaos to Earth.

Others on the Internet have predicted it will cause further catastrophes such as volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.

Coming just three weeks after the quake which devastated Christchurch in New Zealand killing hundreds, this latest disaster will only add fuel to their fire.

More...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thanks to www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Couldnt agree more! Some new threads are saying its a cover up story for what the government really knows. Lets be realistic.. Some crazy # is going on right now, we are all on the right patch with it! 2012 may not be the end of the world but with all this stuff going on there will not be much left!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The fact that it hits perigee quite often, there would have to be mountains of evidence showing the earthquakes hitting at the same time for this to make any sense at all.

At perigee (closest point) it can be as close as 354,000 km (220,000 miles). At apogee, it can be as far as 410,000 km (254,000 miles). Since the Moon orbits the Earth every month or so, it goes between these two extremes every two weeks

I'll take Phil Plait's word on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not related to the "SuperMoon" ..

The region is one of the most active earthquake regions on the planet and a large earthquake hits roughly every 20 years, it's been going on like that for a long time.. yes this is the strongest in a long long time, but they get earthquakes in the 8.0 magnitude every couple of decades..

The deadliest on record was in 1923 when a 7.9 hit and killed over 140,000 people

And yes, they were "due" for a large one .. some expected one but didn't expect it to be 8.9
edit on 11-3-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, something weird is going on thats for sure. l noticed three days ago that the crescent moon was wrong. lnstead of the tips being top and bottom the points we up, a fraction more and both tips would have been pointing up like cow horns, been like it the last two nights too. l have been a sky watcher for over forty years and l never seen anything like it before. My neighbours came out to see it an could'nt believe it either. Peace starchild.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Let's not forget that the moon is now "tilted" out of orbit as pointed out by many on this site as well as about a million you tube videos, but don't worry, it's normal.
This big b*tch is gonna crack like an egg VERY soon.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

link   
Let me add some insight into the UKmail article you posted, what they said and who they got it from.

Astrologers predicted that on March 19 - a week tomorrow - the so-called 'supermoon' will be closer to Earth than at any time since 1992, just 221,567 miles away, and that its gravitational pull will bring chaos to Earth. Others on the Internet have predicted it will cause further catastrophes such as volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Astrologers predicted that on March 19...

Astrology also says that I will meet an important person and money is vauable to me this month...

Others on the Internet have predicted it will cause further catastrophes...

Others on the internet also claim lizard alien draco-gods from the planet Nikuku are coming.

NOT THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCES UKMAIL.

Seems every journalist around is trying to cash in on the stories sans facts craze.

link   

Originally posted by IrishBeliever
Couldnt agree more! Some new threads are saying its a cover up story for what the government really knows. Lets be realistic.. Some crazy # is going on right now, we are all on the right patch with it! 2012 may not be the end of the world but with all this stuff going on there will not be much left!

I say this with absolute honesty and respect for everyone here.
There will be no 2012, eleven is all we get.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Seriously, I posted this before, and on the same board.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lame.

You can keep the 2012 fanatics tho. Don't want em.
edit on 11-3-2011 by SunTzu22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, I look at it this way...

Some people agree and some don't but, if we as a species knew ALL these answers, there would never be events that we wouldn't be prepared for. No one would die in "Freak" tidal waves, earthquakes, tsunamis, storms, volcanoes, floods, etc. We can't predict everything and that's why we call them "Freak" events.

In other words, what I am saying is this is as good an explanation as any for all the weird events happening closer and closer together and increasing in frequency. Unfortunately, we will never know for sure until the time-line disappears and we come out the other side...safe or sorry.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by star child
Well, something weird is going on thats for sure. l noticed three days ago that the crescent moon was wrong. lnstead of the tips being top and bottom the points we up, a fraction more and both tips would have been pointing up like cow horns, been like it the last two nights too. l have been a sky watcher for over forty years and l never seen anything like it before. My neighbours came out to see it an could'nt believe it either. Peace starchild.

This started last May. Good luck getting an honest answer because there is none. If you look at any published source for moon phase you see what should be, what you saw is very strange. If you search (as I have) the answer you will get is "perfectly normal, you just never noticed". I've been beating my head against the wall on this one a long time. Link's to posts below....
One final thought that keeps me going, a chinese proverb I believe..............
"When a finger points at the Moon, the imbecile looks at the finger".
Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread:

new topics

join