It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really the end of the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I mean ,come on now. All you so called Christians that preach that the end of days are among us,get real.Actually, the world as we know it today is a much calmer peaceful place then it was thousands of years ago.Look at it this way,
Even if the Bible is correct on predicting Earths calamities it also teaches hope (have you forgot!). That there will be a new Earth. So all you fundies out there that are hell bent on destruction, doom and gloom, get over it! Its not going to happen any time soon. Besides, know one, (not even Jesus) knows the time and day! So put a cap in it and talk about something good. Theo-

Mods, please post where appropriate.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Should be a rant...

And no, the world isn't comming to an end

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I figured that I should post it here. I am addressing the religious sector here at ATS.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Should be a rant...

I would love to hear your arguments
, I think is fascinating how many of us are preparing for an end (myself included) may it be on May 21 2011, December 21 2012 or any other date during our lifetime, but we have to admit, humanity is making this world collapse and it will not take long until the earth can no longer support this mess that we've made.

The best we can do is to prepare for the worst and to live for the best

I just sincerely hope that if the end comes and I survive, I can manage to save some rock music
edit on 11/3/2011 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm

Should be a rant...

, I think is fascinating how many of us are preparing for an end (myself included) may it be on May 21 2011, December 21 2012 or any other date during our lifetime, but we have to admit, humanity is making this world collapse and it will not take long until the earth can no longer support this mess that we've made.

Sure, my arguement is simple... The world is exactly how its supposed to be....perfect!

How could it possibly end...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Seriously. How can anybody say that the world is perfect right now? Have you never watched the news? Its the worst it has ever been! I dismiss the saying now of natural disasters!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishBeliever

If you didnt have the internet,tv,ect, you wouldnt have a clue. It just seems that things are bad because of the fact that information is in your face.Otherwise everything would be hunky-dory.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishBeliever

Its the worst it has ever been!

Worse than living through World War II??????????????

And as for natural disasters,nothing is out of the ordinary,do a quick search on earthquakes and you will realize that!!!!!!
edit on 11/3/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrishBeliever
Seriously. How can anybody say that the world is perfect right now? Have you never watched the news? Its the worst it has ever been! I dismiss the saying now of natural disasters!!

Bah, natural disasters are exactly that....natural, until proven otherwise of course...

The world is perfect, humans ideals and morals arn't... but even our species is perfect dispite its flaws.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

YES, this is the end of YOUR world as YOU know it....and frankly, the aliens couldnt do any worse than we have already done to ourselves, hybridization is sounding better and better to me by the day!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
As a "New Age Christian" I'm all for skipping over all the death and destruction and going straight for the New Creation, and the eternal flowing living water of life given by the Bridegroom and the Bride, which is the comingled spirit of man and God as one. Suffered a lot, gone through the ringer and the dark night of the soul in fact, to help with this process.

No one who wishes for the end of the world, for death and destruction, ought to call themselves Christian imho.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm

Should be a rant...

Sure, my arguement is simple... The world is exactly how its supposed to be....perfect!

How could it possibly end...

Oh, right, thats my fault, I miss-expressed myself, when I talk about the end I mean the end of the world as we know it, or more specifically the end of humanity or a bottleneck of it

But i share part of your view, the world WAS perfect, until we unbalanced it, though it still almost perfect
edit on 11/3/2011 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

No one who wishes for the end of the world, for death and destruction, ought to call themselves Christian
STAR and FLAG for you. This is what I am trying to say. God is about Good.Hope.Living. Not destruction,gloom and doom.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

You forgot the star..

My only problem as a Christian now, is how not to HATE my fundamentlist literalist bretheren. Then again, it's their ignorance that I hate, but moreso, the degree to which they turn everyone else off from discovering the truth at the heart of our faith, and our reason. It's like the devils work, ultra conservative Christian fundamentalist literalism, that's the way I see it, and it's an OUTRAGE, very ugly and very painful, to then see the unbelievers and the scoffers then painting us all with the same brush, how SAD!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Answer me something, do you HAVE to believe in order to go to heaven?
I mean even if you do not commit "sins", are you still going to hell if you don't believe?

top topics

join