It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censored ? SAUDI DAY OF RAGE - why is it dificult to find any info ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Today is to to be Saudi DAY OF RAGE,
why is the info regarding this being limited ?
Anyone with direct links (uncensored) could
you please post them, any any info please share.
- much appreciated

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You're not seeing much coverage because nobody cares about people protesting while thousands of miles away there was an 8.9 quake, a tsunami and a nuclear reactor that can't be controlled. Just sayin. Besides the only thing more coverage of S.A. will accomplish is increase the cost of fuel which I can do without.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It was on the news earlier, between reports about Japan.
Lots of police presence, tear gas fired, etc.

Not censored, just the eyes of the world are elsewhere.

www.latimes.com...

www2.macleans.ca...

One day after police fired on protesters in Saudi Arabia, the streets in the eastern city of Qatif are quiet, with only peaceful demonstrations on the outskirts of town. Witnesses report heavy police presence in the country’s capital, Riyadh, and no protests. Another city, Al-Ahsa, saw several protesters arrested but again witnesses reported no violence

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It seems like the protests failed to materialise as anticipated. I'm also thinking this is the perfect time for dictators to use whatever force they can now the eyes of the world are focused on Japan.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
See, nobody in Saudi Arabia who has a voice cares to protest. The Saudi government makes a # ton of money from its oil, which it then gives to the people. Also, if you're a Saudi who has connections, after you graduate high school, the government pays you to study anywhere you want (you get to choose out of about 65 countries), and they'll send you monthly checks and probably cover your entire tuition. I know, there are tons of Saudi students at my school and they all LOVE Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The events of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain are much more threatening than Libya, Syria or even Egypt. I'm not surprised that we're getting very little information on it. Having said that, the major unrest there is just beginning to tip and it's concurrent with a very large natural disaster on the other side of the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Media mostly fails to report new protests and riots all over the world (specially Europe) so this is why we should use more forums like this one to spread the word.

Eyes are somewhere else? True Japan is in focus right now but usually eyes are on "Big brother", talent and idol shows.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There was a piece about it on BBC Newsnight. 30,000 had pledged to show up on facebook, but according to the BBC reporter, the media in Saudi had been reminding people that protesting is un-Islamic and punishable by strong measures. The BBC reporter was in the square during that day, and only saw a couple of people arrive. She spoke to one who was angry and said that the whole country is a jail, so that is why he is not afraid of jail. The reporter took his phone number, but as he drove away the police followed and arrested him. She tried to contact him later with no luck. The reporter herself was then later arrested.

top topics

join