It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO UK, yorkshire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
driving home from work i walked through the carpark with my sister.
i saw a huge very bright light in the distant, i asked my sis what the hell is that, she said its a plane u moron its got flashing lights, i was like no it cant be, it looked like it had it landing lights on if it was a plane (wasnt even near an airport, living and working there for the last 10 years i know what we saw. but later on a plane flew past, i said, look now thats a friggin plane!
we drove trying to get a closer look, it dissapeared behind a pub in waiting on the traffic lights, am like hell, its gone..
drove further into higher clearer ground there it was, this huge thing above our heads, we slowed down to around 10mph my sister was like what is it what is it i have to keep my eyes on the road, she looked up and said, what the hell is that..
we continued driving it was getting away from us faster and faster until we got onto a road with an open view, there it was alot of flashing lights very bright, it was so low it seemed like it was just above the trees i never seen anything like it, it made no noise at all no distinct aircraft noise at this altitude..
i got very excited started recording vids, after anaylsing the vids we cant see it!! major let down because i wanted to show all the ATS'ers that this is no phoney thread!
to summerise this thing

first glance very bright light, very very low
it was right above us, making no noise still very very slow, a normal plane would be long gone if it was that low making alot of noise
it then started flashing, lights everywhere on it.
it faded in the distance, we are both shocked this is my first ever close encounter which i can safely say a UFO...

it was located in yorkshire, hemsworth within wakefield. id post my videos, but literally you cannot see a thing apart from a flash of light or a blink..

if anyone has seen this similar type of craft please let me know you have seen this tonight!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I live in yorkshire (sheffield city centre) and have been driving around all night, unfortunately haven't seen anything though. Will keep my curtains open tonight and see if anything catches my eye

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlob

yeah we are further away from sheffield, it was heading towards leeds direction i would of thought, this thing was so big and bright you wont miss if in the sky if you saw it

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wongy

I live at Upton, near Hemsworth and there does seem to be quite a bit of activity around this area,i saw a cigar shaped one about 5 years ago now when i was reading in the garden one summers day. It was over towards Ackworth. I wish i could have a close encounter one of these days.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wongy

I'm not too far away from that myself actually (I'm in Doncaster). So, I'll make sure I keep an eye out too. The only things I've spotted here though are planes (which appear as a big bright light in the sky - sometimes appearing to move only slightly if It's far away) and Chinese Lanters. So, Nothing special..... Yet.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There is some inconsistency in your statement of what you saw which I think you should clarify.

You say it was a huge very bright light in the distance.

But then later say it was just above the trees where you were unable to get any video of it?

Those two things don't really match up.

And tbh it sounds like you were just confused and following a chinese lantern about.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyjohn
There is some inconsistency in your statement of what you saw which I think you should clarify.

You say it was a huge very bright light in the distance.

But then later say it was just above the trees where you were unable to get any video of it?

Those two things don't really match up.

And tbh it sounds like you were just confused and following a chinese lantern about.

I agree. Humans are bad observers & misperceive things all the time especially at night. This is mostlikley one of those cases. Or its just a plain hoax for attention with the inconsistencies you pointed out.

new topics

top topics

join