It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says 'I grew up in Hawaii' .. but not born there

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
It has absolutely nothing to do with increased defence spending, more troops, deficit at record heights,continuation and expansion of patriot act, not closing gitmo or a million other things...
And none of those things have anything to do with his place of birth, or alleged place of birth, do they? I mean, I seem to recall the guy before him increased defense spending, increased the deficit by record numbers, implemented the patriot act, invaded two countries and ‘created’ GITMO, and there was no doubt about his place of birth.

If you acknowledge there are so many things to be critical of Obama, and none have anything to do with his birth place, why so much emotional investment in the birth certificate thing?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

It has absolutely nothing to do with increased defence spending, more troops, deficit at record heights,continuation and expansion of patriot act, not closing gitmo or a million other things...
And none of those things have anything to do with his place of birth, or alleged place of birth, do they? I mean, I seem to recall the guy before him increased defense spending, increased the deficit by record numbers, implemented the patriot act, invaded two countries and ‘created’ GITMO, and there was no doubt about his place of birth.

If you acknowledge there are so many things to be critical of Obama, and none have anything to do with his birth place, why so much emotional investment in the birth certificate thing?

Mate, now that time I WAS responding to another poster..
One that said Obama is disliked simply because he is black..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I got that, and you replied by enumerating many things you believe Obama should be criticized for — and I personally agree with them all — so why the emotional investment with the birther thing that doesn’t have a nexus with any of them?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The master problem with the entire GOP, Birther and Baggers is there is not a thinking brain in either one.

43 put $13 Trillion on the card and spent like a drunken sailor and the entire GOP did not dare complain once but have the audacity to do it now? Evidently Federal income tax revenue is best spent pushing forth this Draconian Neo ConservatiNazi Birthers and Baggers agenda while leaving everyone else who isn't white and doesn't vote GOP to not matter.

ATS has never been and will not ever be a meeting space for the Baggers or Birthers as both contain deadly and dangerous elements that this site should avoid like if it were a plauge.

Hawaii stood with the Union Army during the Civil War and never allowed slavery in the state as during the era of slavery Hawaii was an independant nation up until 1898 and was admitted to Statehood in 1959. They have not ever issued one birth certificate that identifies an African American as Negro and always id'd them as being African this is where these morons and incompetent idiots see it as a fake. They have been conned into believing that all bc's issued before say 1965 regardless of where issued to all say Negro. This is where this entire crud roots from.

The Baggers and Birthers are one in the same and shades of the Rise of Nazi-ism in America.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by AtruthGuy

The Bush family was more than well known prior to the election or even his birth..
Obama's family were unknown...
Not exactly the same thing....

Yeah sarah "boom boom mama grizzly u betcha family values yet couldnt teach daughter to keep her legs shut till a respectable age, or atleast use protection / birth control "palin, Was totally well known..
She was a household name ..

Not to mention mrs. mama grizzly's husband hadhas links to a alaska independence group.

Palin for 2012!
edit on 12-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Good question....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I got that, and you replied by enumerating many things you believe Obama should be criticized for — and I personally agree with them all — so why the emotional investment with the birther thing that doesn’t have a nexus with any of them?

I have zero emotional investment in the subject of Obama's BC..
I'm in Australia...
But it doesn't mean I can't question his motives for keeping secrets..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by deprogrammer

So, since he didn't specifically "I was born in Hawaii"...then that means he wasn't???

You birthers are something else. I always refer to "growing up" in my hometown...I rarely tell someone "I was born there and grew up there".

The obsession some people have with Obama is scary.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

Thank you! I live in Tx and often speak of how I grew up in NJ (I was also born there). In summation: the OP is a moron.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Your reply made it seem as though his policies mean he was born somewhere else

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Waste of time arguing with you..
Your stance will never change for whatever reason you do this..

Logic is abandoned and silly excuses prevail..

I guess it stunned a bit to walk square into the mirror like that?

Yep, that's all it is, the fact that he's 10% black or whatever the figure is..

That actually sounds a lot like the kind of lame excuse a racist would come up with. Can you honestly tell me that you believe actual racists look at someone like Obama and think "Well, he is dark and all but we better check his lineage and see if he is really black enough to hate?"
Come on now. I rarely even go along with the race bit but I would think some do protest a bit much.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

What are the motives for the FBI and the CIA to be keeping those alleged secrets? He was a Senator, he probably got a background check back then. If he didn’t, he definitely got one when he was elected.

Are all those agencies, the state of Hawaii, and the courts, that dismissed all the birther suits, keeping Obama’s secrets? If there is no “original birth certificate” as many of you allege, and if all these agencies are perpetuating the conspiracy, why haven’t they fabricated one birth certificate to shut up the birthers?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by deprogrammer

So, since he didn't specifically "I was born in Hawaii"...then that means he wasn't???

You birthers are something else. I always refer to "growing up" in my hometown...I rarely tell someone "I was born there and grew up there".

The obsession some people have with Obama is scary.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

Thank you! I live in Tx and often speak of how I grew up in NJ (I was also born there). In summation: the OP is a moron.

My birthcity and hometown of Jersey City, New Jersey is one of the most ethnically diverse cities on the planet so much that our 2010 Public school graduation commencement manuals had to be printed in a whopping 52 languages.

Why is it that those who are born and live their lives in an urban setting are more respectful of others of different faith and skin colours?

Mindspin,

Not to mention borderline disturbing and really unhealthy. Last time someone obsessed this much about someone we got something called stalking laws on the books.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
I think most people would say ''I was born there'' rather than 'I grew up there'
' as being 'born there' has a more personal relationship as to 'growing up there'. .

I was born out of my mothers womb, yet you wouldn`t say you grew up
in your mothers womb.

Nope. Just thought about what I say, and when referring to a particular town I always say "I grew up there" even though it's also the place where I was born.
I have to take my parents' and my birth certificate's word for it that I was born there, yet I have 17 years of distinct memories of growing up there..
Therefore, IMO you're wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

What are the motives for the FBI and the CIA to be keeping those alleged secrets? He was a Senator, he probably got a background check back then. If he didn’t, he definitely got one when he was elected.

Are all those agencies, the state of Hawaii, and the courts, that dismissed all the birther suits, keeping Obama’s secrets? If there is no “original birth certificate” as many of you allege, and if all these agencies are perpetuating the conspiracy, why haven’t they fabricated one birth certificate to shut up the birthers?

To reiteraite on a point you made is that when he was being vetted by The Democratic National Committee in 07 for a POTUS run he had to submit to a FBI-DHS Federal Background Cheque as every single person who applies must pass it flawlessly first time out or else guess what? No ballot! No candidacy!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
freudian slip ,

he let his guard down and quack ,

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is so cool..
I'm told I'm the one with emotional interest yet there's at least 4 posters that seem to do nothing but defend Obama..
I didn't know he had that many kids..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

To reiteraite on a point you made is that when he was being vetted by The Democratic National Committee in 07 for a POTUS run he had to submit to a FBI-DHS Federal Background Cheque as every single person who applies must pass it flawlessly first time out or else guess what? No ballot! No candidacy!

Probably the usual useless excuse that everyone thought someone else had done it..
Happens often..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So because he says he was raised in Hawaii, that means he could not have been born in Hawaii? Makes perfect sense.....

Well, in that case, I guess the birth certificate saying I was born in Texas is wrong because after all, it does not say anything about me being raised in Texas.

He said he was raised in Hawaii.... For you to imply that he said he was not born there... When all he said was that he was raised there... It's dishonest and misleading to say the least.
edit on 12-3-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So because he says he was raised in Hawaii, that means he could not have been born in Hawaii? Makes perfect sense.....

Well, in that case, I guess the birth certificate saying I was born in Texas is wrong because after all, it does not say anything about me being raised in Texas.

Well I'd say I was raised in Australia having left England at age 2..
But that's just me..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm told I'm the one with emotional interest yet there's at least 4 posters that seem to do nothing but defend Obama..
I don’t have any emotional investment, I’m just “asking questions.” I’m allowed to do that as well right?

Probably the usual useless excuse that everyone thought someone else had done it..
Happens often..
The intelligence agencies forgot to do a background check on the President-elect? It “happens often”? Can you elaborate?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join