Obama says 'I grew up in Hawaii' .. but not born there

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Really? No one else's BC has listed African on it from that time period? He's not that old I don't think...Negro is a pretty old term. Well, it's something to look into.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
The reason why the Birthers and Baggers say it's fake because it has his race listed as "AFRICAN" and not "NEGRO" as it would've been listed pending he was born in the mainland and that is all that this boils down to.

Once again, Hawaiian birth certificate laws gave the parents the choice of race:

Update, August 26: We received responses to some of our questions from the Hawaii Department of Health. They couldn't tell us anything about their security paper, but they did answer another frequently-raised question: why is Obama's father's race listed as "African"? Kurt Tsue at the DOH told us that father's race and mother's race are supplied by the parents, and that "we accept what the parents self identify themselves to be." We consider it reasonable to believe that Barack Obama, Sr., would have thought of and reported himself as "African." It's certainly not the slam dunk some readers have made it out to be.

When we asked about the security borders, which look different from some other examples of Hawaii certifications of live birth, Kurt said "The borders are generated each time a certified copy is printed. A citation located on the bottom left hand corner of the certificate indicates which date the form was revised." He also confirmed that the information in the short form birth certificate is sufficient to prove citizenship for "all reasonable purposes."

–by Jess Henig, with Joe Miller

www.factcheck.org...

Now if you are to continue to argue that parents could not choose their racial group in Hawaii, I suggest you clarify this with Hawaiian authorities (or get a source) if you well and truly believe this to be fact.

Sr. may've been born in Kenya but that does not mean jack squat as no American citizen by birth is above another.

We are not merely discussing Obama jnr now, we are talking aout Obama senior and his choice of race, we are discuss his choice and health authorities.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
The reason why the Birthers and Baggers say it's fake because it has his race listed as "AFRICAN" and not "NEGRO" as it would've been listed pending he was born in the mainland and that is all that this boils down to.

Once again, Hawaiian birth certificate laws gave the parents the choice of race:

Update, August 26: We received responses to some of our questions from the Hawaii Department of Health. They couldn't tell us anything about their security paper, but they did answer another frequently-raised question: why is Obama's father's race listed as "African"? Kurt Tsue at the DOH told us that father's race and mother's race are supplied by the parents, and that "we accept what the parents self identify themselves to be." We consider it reasonable to believe that Barack Obama, Sr., would have thought of and reported himself as "African." It's certainly not the slam dunk some readers have made it out to be.

When we asked about the security borders, which look different from some other examples of Hawaii certifications of live birth, Kurt said "The borders are generated each time a certified copy is printed. A citation located on the bottom left hand corner of the certificate indicates which date the form was revised." He also confirmed that the information in the short form birth certificate is sufficient to prove citizenship for "all reasonable purposes."

–by Jess Henig, with Joe Miller

www.factcheck.org...

Now if you are to continue to argue that parents could not choose their racial group in Hawaii, I suggest you clarify this with Hawaiian authorities (or get a source) if you well and truly believe this to be fact.

Sr. may've been born in Kenya but that does not mean jack squat as no American citizen by birth is above another.

We are not merely discussing Obama jnr now, we are talking aout Obama senior and his choice of race, we are discuss his choice and health authorities.

If one was released listing his race as "NEGRO" hat more people would believe it. Why mention Sr. if we are discussing Jr? Why, to continually perpretate the myth that since his father was foreign born makes Jr. inelligible.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yes, you'll have us believe that by releasing his birth certificate, the conspiracy will die and every single birther will be convinced. Amazing.... but that is what you'll have us believe. I highly doubt even you believe this deep down.

Would it hurt to try???
But no, you Obama shrills argue silly points saying it wouldn't make a difference..
Bit of a straw man argument IMO..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

What's more, Obama senior was not born in the United states, he was a student on a visiting visa from Kenya, he was not directly subjected to racial laws over his birth.

Odd, for Obama to be a Natural Born Citizen didn't both parents need to be US citizens??
Now you say his father only had a students VISA..
I'm a little lost..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Obama is the 7th President to have at least 1 foreign born parent.

Andrew Jackson (1829-1837) is the only president born of two immigrants, both Irish. Presidents with one immigrant parent are Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809), whose mother was born in England, James Buchanan (1857-1861) and Chester Arthur (1881-1885), both of whom had Irish fathers, and Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921) and Herbert Hoover (1929-1933), whose mothers were born respectively in England and Canada

The term "Natural Born Citizen" applies exclusively to the minor and does not apply to the parents.
edit on 12-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The term "Natural Born Citizen" applies exclusively to the minor and does not apply to the parents.

I think you need to read up a little...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

No I do not and this is the law and the law is the law to read it from the GOP Mantra is the only way then you are sorely misreading it.

To read the law is from the viewpoint of the Centre and not the left or right. The same GOP who almost destroyed the nation and the Constitution while trying to deny people their 14th Amendment rights, The same GOP who wants to kill off unions.

ALL BECAUSE A BLACK MAN IS IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND NOTHING MORE.

McCain was born in Panama in 1936 while it was an American territory making him eligible to run.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Frankly, he could show his birth certificate today and I'd have my doubts. Obama has been a liar from day one. But then again, most politicians lie.
The honest ones don't last too long.

It just seems, to me anyway, that Obamas' lies are grande than most. His history is shrouded in secrecy. His thesis is still undisclosed, his transcripts are undisclosed, his PAST is undisclosed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Frankly, he could show his birth certificate today and I'd have my doubts. Obama has been a liar from day one. But then again, most politicians lie.
The honest ones don't last too long.

It just seems, to me anyway, that Obamas' lies are grande than most. His history is shrouded in secrecy. His thesis is still undisclosed, his transcripts are undisclosed, his PAST is undisclosed.

Everything is out there open for the entire world to see but the braindead GOP are using this to incite and infuruiate racial tensions stateside because they know that their argument has huge holes in it and is severely flawed.

BTW, I met Obama on at least 4 different occaisions between Summer 07 - Spring 09 and if I had an inkling he was foreign born make no mistake he would not be the 44th POTUS now and either Richardson or Kusinch would've been the alternates.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

That's absolute BS.....
Many presidents and candidates have been questioned..
Not just the first black one..
Playing the race card is so pathetic...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

That's absolute BS.....
Many presidents and candidates have been questioned..
Not just the first black one..
Playing the race card is so pathetic...

This is solely and squarely driven by race all because Hillary or McCain is not POTUS now. There is no other issue. The only reason why this continues is to keep the ultra right wing Nazi's distracted while GOP Govenor's strip everyone of their rights all while blaming the poor.

This is nothing more then a confirmed case of intentional disinformation conducted by the racist right as this however is directed solely and squarely at those causing it and not the unfortunate souls who got trapped into this case of lies. My beef has always been and will forever be with those causing this mess and not those who are unknowingly innocent victims but rest assured the excuse of "I didn't know any better" will only hold water for so long before it no longer applies.

This is declared officially and formally as something called a "Non Issue" as it's already been handled dozens of times. This is also to keep the WH distracted long enough so that the banks and TPTB can continue their takeover.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

It wouldn't matter how or what he said, there are those who will and did find fault. The man cannot win with certain people. If you want to dissect speeches, give Sarah Palin a try. That will keep you busy for a long time.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

. I don't care where he was born; it's a mute point now,

Is the constitutution of the USA ..A mute point?.. Is this the apathetic viewpoint of America?

That depends on your political interpretation. Barack Obama is a US citizen whether born on this turf or not.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Indeed. I lived and worked in Honolulu, and he lived one street over from me.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Is this even true? He is spending millions to crash the cases? Really? Perhaps the President wants to hold on to releasing his BC until election time so that he can show the birthers how stupid their thinking has been all this time.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This means nothing.
If he was talking about his raising he would say just that. If he just said I was born in hawaii he might not make his point . Saying I was born there doesn't let you know he grew up there and obviously that is the information he wanted to put out.

You guys need to grow up.
Honestly the rich white dudes who were born and raised in the U.S. do terrible jobs too.. so tell me again what difference would it make if he wasn't born here? I mean he was, but why would it matter again?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

He will pull the rabbit out of hat just exactly when he wants to or needs to.........and he will have the last laugh.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I wish he would whip it out in a smartass way.. Like have it printed on the back of his jacket for when he walks away from the podium.

My friend and I always joked, when the punk band NOFX put out those shirts of Bush with a nazi mustache that said "not my president" we said we would gain enough respect to vote from Bush if he showed up wearing a Tshirt with fat mikes face on it that said "not my citizen"
I wish presidents were allowed to have a sense of humor. People would respect them more.
I wish presidents didn't have to pretend for the christians and would drop FBOMBS and be real men. haha.
I would love a real person president.

I think if we want this country to work we shouldn't allow campaign contributions. With the way the internet is people could get the message out for free online. I loved how Ron Paul utilized the net.
One day we will have a president that is actually what the people want.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We are all being played for fools.
This is a distraction pure and simple.
All presidents are nurtured puppets but obama more than most.
We are in the heart of the endgame of the illuminati's agenda and
while the populice is engrossed with pettiness, the larger, final pieces
are being put in place into historys puzzle.
The whole picture will, when completed, be truly terrifying.
Is it already too late? It seems so.
Only a few are aware of the depths of the depravity.
Everyone else has been sucked almost completely in.
We had better start AWAKENING or We had better start PRAYING.
edit on 12-3-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join