It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says 'I grew up in Hawaii' .. but not born there

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by deprogrammer

So, since he didn't specifically "I was born in Hawaii"...then that means he wasn't???

You birthers are something else. I always refer to "growing up" in my hometown...I rarely tell someone "I was born there and grew up there".

The obsession some people have with Obama is scary.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

I was born in one town and grew up in another. I always say I grew up in the second city...because that's where I went through a good portion of life.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Nice to know I'm not the only one that thinks the way I do. I'm a bit disheartened and disillusioned at this point. I don't care where he was born; it's a mute point now, he's our president. I wish he would step up to the plate and offer up solutions for this country. He is the president of the USA, did he forget us?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

I can't think of one politician in my lifetime who was ever for the people once they obtained power.

For BIG business and greed, yes plenty, if not all. But for the people? Can you think of any?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

. I don't care where he was born; it's a mute point now,

Is the constitutution of the USA ..A mute point?.. Is this the apathetic viewpoint of America?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
[
I can't think of one politician in my lifetime who was ever for the people once they obtained power.

For BIG business and greed, yes plenty, if not all. But for the people? Can you think of any?

great point! and true ...What is the NWO agenda in Brazil ?

Did they give them the next World Cup and Olympic games as host for kindness?

I doubt it ...This is a South American resource tactical land grab and then see

Obama sell the 'New World Order' Brazil March 20th 'ON THE BACK OF A FALSE FLAG'

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

My question to some of these people that think Obama wasn't born in the US is: Does it matter?

Is that where you should focus your energies? Even if it were true... There is evidence of just massive, outlandish fraud that has cost your country trillions of dollars. Should you not focus on wall-streeters and misappropriated funds by government and private contractors...

An Obama birth certificate is not going to get you anything. Uncovering and prosecuting people that have defrauded taxpayers might get you some money back....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This is an odd one granted. Brazil is the richest of the South American countries and why is that? Rich in resources for BIG corporations to pillage, lots of dodgy dealings with politicians. Yet there is still so much poverty, people living in slums and working for absolute peanuts.

Don't worry though all this will be hidden out of view when the cameras show up.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Is the constitutution of the USA ..A mute point?.. Is this the apathetic viewpoint of America?

The American Constitution has already been through the paper shredder. You are telling me the most important part of the Constitution that has been usurped is the nationality requirement for the president?

No freedoms... but the right to be governed by a local. Of which not any of them have allegiances to the country over business in the first place....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

(My question to some of these people that think Obama wasn't born in the US is: Does it matter?)

Yes ..there is a war on the contitution of America to dilute US values and erase civil liberties.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yes ..there is a war on the contitution of America to dilute US values and erase civil liberties.

Which is being ignored because of such distractions as "Obama isn't a US citizen". As I said, that is the least of anyone's concern that is fighting to protect the constitution.

It is comparable to going after a relative of a criminal who let them stay at their house as opposed to arresting the criminal themselves. Some things should take priority over others.

And if anything, it smells like distraction, disinfo or whatever you want to call it. It has been a talking point and a polarizer in the country and I don't see any good it has done for anyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Nope, the Constitution is not a mute point at all. No, I can't think of one prez that didn't put "We the People" first. It's all about the money I think but it hurts to come to that realization. I wouldn't of had children if I knew this was the world I was bringing them into but I will stand up and fight for something better for them. Somehow, some way the time is coming soon I think where we all need to stand up. And the very scary part is...is that most people I know live in dream world, they don't even watch the news or even are interested in the truth because they don't want to see reality. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
ETA something on topic: I don't see where it would be an issue for somebody to refer to their birthplace and childhood home as simply "childhood home" - the extra mention of birthplace would be more out of place than the statement he gave.

Don't know about others, but I was born in Ohio, but basically grew up in Iowa.

And that's exactly what I say if either state comes up in conversation.

I always say I grew up in Iowa, but I never say I was born there. Likewise for Ohio, I say I was born there, but I never say I grew up there.

Just saying ...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
reply to post by MindSpin

I think most people would say ''I was born there'' rather than 'I grew up there'
' as being 'born there' has a more personal relationship as to 'growing up there'. .

I was born out of my mothers womb, yet you wouldn`t say you grew up
in your mothers womb.

I have to totally disagree with this statement. I was born in, and also grew up in, North Carolina. My sister, who is quite younger than I, was born there, but grew up in New Jersey as we moved shortly after she was born.

I always say, I grew up in NC as it implies a tie to the community as opposed to an arbitrary place of birth. She says, I was born in NC and grew up in NJ.

I have a friend that was "born" in Australia who never pretends to have grown up in Australia as he also moved as an infant.

As for the second part, seriously? Who the hell would say they grew up in their mother's womb. Has to be the worst analogy ever.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

(My question to some of these people that think Obama wasn't born in the US is: Does it matter?)

Yes, it matters greatly if for no other reason than if anyone can ignore that part of the constitution, what's to say they can't ignore other parts, parts that might really matter to you and others.

Like the right of free speech, for example ...

People, IMO you really need to think these things through a little more before posting.

And once and for all, it's a "moot" point, not a "mute" point.
edit on 3/11/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You've kind of proven my point. I was born in Massachusetts but grew up in several other states, therefore I differentiate them as we are discussing. But the friends I have who live in Georgia, and were born here, when discussing their childhood don't say "after I was born here...", then say "When I was a kid...."

I'd honestly find it suspicious if a person went out of their way to mention their birth in a story about their childhood. It would come across as disingenuous. At least that is how I would personally look at it.

I think it is fair to say that no matter what Obama says, in this regard, it is going to get nit picked to death. It's kind of the in vogue thing to do these days. The "Born in Kenya" thing is a popular meme.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Yes, it matters greatly if for no other reason than if anyone can ignore that part of the constitution, what's to say they can't ignore other parts, parts that might really matter to you and others.

Like the right of free speech, for example ...

People, IMO you really need to think these things through a little more before posting.
edit on 3/11/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

So do you protest them in order? The treasury being robbed, that happened before Obama came into power. I think fixing them one by one might be a starting point, but maybe I am wrong.

IMO Because, nothing has even started, if anything it just seems to get worse and worse.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

So, since he didn't specifically "I was born in Hawaii"...then that means he wasn't???

You birthers are something else. I always refer to "growing up" in my hometown...I rarely tell someone "I was born there and grew up there".

The obsession some people have with Obama is scary.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

Repeat a lie a million times and a million idiots will believe it. I have never seen an anti-birther argument that relied on anything other than an ignorant shout-down. Combined with the other interesting fact's, mainly the courts refusal to investigate and Obama spending millions to crush the cases that pop-up. When he could simply counter-sue for harassment and prove the birthers wrong in a court of law!

This all just strikes me as very odd. And if the birthers are wrong, then that makes President Obama out to be a very childish and immature person for allowing such an issue to continue.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

People were ignoring it loooong before Obama came into power. So how did that work out? Everyone must have fought that and won and then it couldn't happen again.... oh wait....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The Constitution has been trampled upon; those in power do what they wish and they could care less for us American people. I hold allegiance to mine and fellow Americans, screw the elite. I'm so sickened by everything that has been going on with the corrupt elite I am done. I want so much to believe in this country of mine but I'm getting nothing from my president. He doesn't say anything that matters. What, he goes and have cocktails after his vague press conference and calls it a day?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
Repeat a lie a million times and a million idiots will believe it.

At least you warn us before you get into it.

I have never seen an anti-birther argument that relied on anything other than an ignorant shout-down. Combined with the other interesting fact's, mainly the courts refusal to investigate and Obama spending millions to crush the cases that pop-up. When he could simply counter-sue for harassment and prove the birthers wrong in a court of law!

This all just strikes me as very odd. And if the birthers are wrong, then that makes President Obama out to be a very childish and immature person for allowing such an issue to continue.

Look, if birthers really wanted to be treated with any respect, they would stop repeating all these old worn out LIES. How much respect can one honestly expect to get in response to running around the internet repeating things that are demonstrably untrue?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join