It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says 'I grew up in Hawaii' .. but not born there

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Today, as Obama made his public address relating to the Japan tsunami,

Obama mentioned his relationship to Hawaii as ''growing up there'' and not actually
being his birthplace. I just have seen this on a brief clip on 'BBC news 24' so please
forgive me for not being able to to provide an appropriate link to this.

A perfect opportunity for him to publicly state his birthplace to the whole world.

President Obama is going to Brazil on the 19th / 20th March 2011. A convenient time to
get out of the USA for earthquake safety reasons ? or to get a NWO resource deal on the
cheap with Brazil and blackmail them, via the current tragedy in Japan and their forthcoming
financial problems regarding 'Football World Cup 2014' and 'Brazil Rio Olympics 2016' ?

On March 20th 2003, the Iraq war began with the bombing of Baghdad and Aleister Crowley`s
OTO thelemic calendar begins on March 20th. This is a highly symbolic date with the occult.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

The amateur meteorologist Ken Ring has predicted a Great earthquake in the U.S around the 20th March.

He predicted the New Zealand earthquake, but I don't believe he predicted today's events in Japan. Obama's visit to Brazil certainly ties in with the dates. Keep an eye on this one.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So, since he didn't specifically "I was born in Hawaii"...then that means he wasn't???

You birthers are something else. I always refer to "growing up" in my hometown...I rarely tell someone "I was born there and grew up there".

The obsession some people have with Obama is scary.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

The reason for interest in Obama is that he is such a changed man from when he was compaigning for the presidency, I have to question if he has been replaced by a clone. I don't really believe he has, but why such a dramatic change in personality?

He was charismatic, charming and down to earth whilst campaigning. He has now become so robot like it is scary!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Run the arguably most powerful nation on Earth for a couple of years, under constant attack - all while wearing the burden of being the first person from your race to hold the job...

Then see if it harshes your personality a bit.

Just sayin'.

ETA something on topic: I don't see where it would be an issue for somebody to refer to their birthplace and childhood home as simply "childhood home" - the extra mention of birthplace would be more out of place than the statement he gave.

IE if he went out of his way to say it, then people would point THAT fact out and accuse him of overcompensating.
edit on 3/11/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It's the game of politics. Just look at the campaign of George McGovern in '72. Throughout the primaries it looked like he had the election clinched, but when it came to the actual election he completely changed and Nixon won in a landslide.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I am not a 'birther' yet another crass media title, such as truther and Tea partier.

I think most people would say ''I was born there'' rather than 'I grew up there'
' as being 'born there' has a more personal relationship as to 'growing up there'. .

I was born out of my mothers womb, yet you wouldn`t say you grew up
in your mothers womb.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Wow, you show great skill in implying. You state opinion with fact hoping to gain an audience with the gullible. Post a link, something, that backs your language . . . until then . . . your statements are nothing but more hype and misinformation.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Didn't seem to phase Bush much though did it? He still remained the manic, bumbling, gung-ho type.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the Kitchen!!

With regards to his statement regarding Hawaii, he could have said 'place of my birth', but that is splitting hairs. Have they managed to produce a copy of his birth certificate yet? I believe a request was made months ago and the last time I checked, around 6 weeks ago, there was no sign of it.

I think the whole point is that if he wasn't born in the U.S, then his whole legitimacy to be President is in question isn't it? Forgive me if all of this has been cleared up, as I am from the U.K.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez

Wow, you show great skill in implying. You state opinion with fact hoping to gain an audience with the gullible. Post a link, something, that backs your language . . . until then . . . your statements are nothing but more hype and misinformation.

I`m in the UK ...and cant find a link but it does exist as I just seen it on BBC News 24 and
it will be no doubt repeated this evening.

BTW...Bruce Springstein sang 'Born in the USA' and not 'Grew up in the USA'

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"Born and raised" is a very common phrase to describe your upbringings. Of course Obummer didn't say that particular phrase because it doesn't apply.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Actually it did phase Bush, IMO. He entered office an excellent public speaker and left office with major and respected publications actually publishing articles suggesting he had some form of dementia.

All the Presidents I have seen in my life show signs of extreme stress and rapid aging while in office.

Regarding the birth certificate debate: Well, there are threads for that and I've stated my opinions on that subject in them.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Obama also did not mention HAARP not being used to create the 8.9 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Japan. Obviously he would have denied ordering the use of HAARP unless he is hiding something.

I am being facetious by using the same fellatious reasoning as OP.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I remember reading his biographical novel which was interesting but not that memorable. If people are going to pick apart his words publicly I recommend reading his book. From what I remember it outlines around the time he was born, his dad met his Mother, knocked her up and then went back to Kenya.

At least reference something he documented to what he is saying now. For the life of me I don't remember the details, but anyone can read the book, here.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
"Born and raised" is a very common phrase to describe your upbringings. Of course Obummer didn't say that particular phrase because it doesn't apply.

Because he moved around a lot in his life?

Or are you implying something else?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer

I am not a 'birther' yet another crass media title, such as truther and Tea partier.

I think most people would say ''I was born there'' rather than 'I grew up there'
' as being 'born there' has a more personal relationship as to 'growing up there'. .

in your mothers womb.

I also wouldn't say I was born in my Mother's womb, I would say I was born outside it.

Although I did hang out inside for nine months, I began getting claustrophobic so I left.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer

I am not a 'birther'

Of course not. None of you are.

yet another crass media title, such as truther and Tea partier.

Tea Partier is a crass media title? Can't call them any of the names they call themselves can we?

That would make no sense at all. He was discussing his understanding of Japanese culture due to the time he spent around it. I highly doubt he became all that familiar with any culture between conception and birth. How often do you find yourself espousing a deep understanding of Womb culture because being born from one gives you that kind of insight?

in your mothers womb.

No, you would not. That would be just as stupid as trying to say you understand a certain culture because you were born around it as opposed to actually having spent time in it.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I have to admit I was disappointed in his public address today. I wanted him to stand up for America and have a plan for us. I want action, "This is what I am going to do for America." I'm quite honestly concerned and want my president to be coming up with solutions to our problems. I guess we have to deal on our own now. I understand he's in a bad situation; most are not on his side, but it would help if he spoke to his people and gave some kind of assurance that action will be taken to help us out of these difficult economic times, and give us more of his time. I don't depend on the government but I expected a little bit more, you know?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

The reason for interest in Obama is that he is such a changed man from when he was compaigning for the presidency, I have to question if he has been replaced by a clone. I don't really believe he has, but why such a dramatic change in personality?

He was charismatic, charming and down to earth whilst campaigning. He has now become so robot like it is scary!!

Ummm because when you are campaigning and trying to get people to vote for you, you HAVE to be charismatic, you have to be likable. You want people to be able to look at you and related to you. You have to connect. That is how you get people's vote. You have to make them perceived you as "one of them".

Many people may remember Franklin Roosevelt, FDR. There is a saying in political circles that if TV was as prevalent back then as it is today, FDR would never have been elected. The public never would have elected a man who appears on TV in a wheelchair. It would be perceived as a weakness. With that in mind, would the opposite not hold true as well?

On Topic: I saw the actual statement he made, it did not seem like anything. Obama said that he has a relationship with the Japanese people because growing up in Hawaii he was exposed to their culture a great deal. Sorry... there is nothing to see here.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Unfortunately for whatever reasons, he is not the inspirational leader I thought he was going to be. I appreciate he has many problems currently, but with the threat of the tsunami I thought he might have stepped up to the plate today.

I wonder if the U.S involvement in Libya will now escalate hidden behind today's events? Hilary Clinton has been on a visit over here and she assured everyone that they need the backing of the U.N, so let's hope this remains policy.

My only concern is that David Cameron is so concerned with B.P's interests that he won't wait for a U.N resolution and will push for NATO's involvement without an U.N Resolution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join