It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impending radiation meltdown!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
"Radiation levels at damaged Fukushima-Daiichi nuke plant are continuing to rise... Radiation 1,000 times higher than normal detected. Ministry official: 'Possibility of radioactive leak'..."

"The Associated Press is also now citing Japanese nuclear safety agency officials as saying that radiation levels inside one of the reators at the Fukushima-Daini nuclear power plant have surged to 1,000 times their normal levels after the cooling system failed. Pressure inside the reactor has risen to 1.5 times the level considered normal."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Officials say they have 'lost control' of pressure at both plants

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is a pain in the a$$... Move to Current Events, please. Suggestion to Admin: Add a Topic selector field to the 'Create new Thread' window...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You might get more notice in a pertinent Forum?

They have been talking about that all day. Another concern the Japanese don't need right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Already several on-going threads. Here's probably the most technically detailed ...
Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

... also, not sure it belongs in the "Paranormal" area?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I thought these were so called 'Earth Quake Proof' Having been designed knowing full well the likelyhood of a major quake in the area. Im sorry but this makes me so fricking angry that our planet must suffer again because of our incompetance.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thanks for the heads up... read my first reply...

I heard earlier in the day that this might become an issue. Then, we were all assured it would be controlled and the US would provide cooling. Apparently that failed, so no sure its exactly equal to posts from this morning... Thanks for the thought tho

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
I thought these were so called 'Earth Quake Proof' Having been designed knowing full well the likelyhood of a major quake in the area. Im sorry but this makes me so fricking angry that our planet must suffer again because of our incompetance.

I believe they are earthquake proof.. and the chances of this particular event happening in this manner was probably slim.. but you can never discount Murphy's Law.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
2nd one now: blog.al.com...

TOKYO — Japan has declared a state of emergency at another nuclear power plant after a cooling system at its three reactor units failed following a massive earthquake. There has been no radiation leak.

Japan's nuclear safety agency is also set to order a plant operator of another plant to release slightly radioactive vapor to protect the reactor from damage.

Altogether, five reactor units — two at the Fukushima No. 1 plant and three at nearby Fukushima No. 2 plant — are in a state of emergency. All five plants have shut down after the massive quake Friday.

Officials said earlier that only one of the two Fukushima No. 1 plant's units had cooling problems resulting from power outages. They now say both units are troubled.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So I'm suspecting any minute now the radiation leaking from the plant will "awaken" the dead and this thread will somehow become pertinent to "Paranormal Studies"

top topics

join