It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Skyscrapers Sway With 8.9 Earthquake but the WTC collapsed !! still beleive the 9/11 version?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They are still standing after shaking up like that

extremelly scary .. they literaly dance in the sky moving a few meters left to the right

i guess the engineering of the japanese skyscrapers are more advanced
im sure they can withstand a plane impact if they can survive a 8.9 earthquake

Video Link

If this quake had happened in a country without this engineering know-how, the damages would have been more devastating.

and the WTC were not ?? yeah right

edit on 3/11/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Im sure the WTC didnt even move when they were hit by the planes

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That would be so scary being at the top of one of those buildings.
I have never beilieved the twin towers could collapse from the planes and the following jet fuel fires in just a few short hours. I think it would have taken an inferno burning for days to weeking such a structure as the twin towers.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Japan Skyscrapers Sway With 8.9 Earthquake but the WTC collapsed !! still beleive the 9/11 version?

Yes, the "official story", aka reality, is still correct.

Seriously, you're comparing two different events with two different buildings and you're surprised they acted differently?

+31 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Japan has invested a ton of money into their infrastructure and has designed building specifically to withstand earthquakes. Absolutely no comparison between the two events, none whats so ever. Just wanted to add not trying to sound harsh, as when I reread what I typed it may have appeared that way..
edit on 11-3-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Thank you buddy!

Just what I was bout to say

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Although the towers did indeed tremble from the impact of the planes disintegrating into them, that is not what caused them to fall. Its much like when a baby pushes a full grown man. Sure he moves but that is only to absorb the impact...but he still moves back.

Also before the trolls beat us to it, it should be pointed out that Japan is earthquake prone and therefore its buildings for the most part are designed to sway more than perhaps the wtc towers would have been.

That being said, there are plenty of documented buildings being on fire for hours and not falling. I understand those buildings were not hit by planes but either was wtc 7.

Let the fools come in and try to start their talking points. But I already did their work for them.

#911truthwinning

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, those buildings in Japan were made with weights and counter-weights. I believe I saw something like this on TV. This is why the buildings sway. It's actually good that they ARE swaying.

And the Twin Towers? A comparison? Does not compute because the WTC were not built with this system - probably because NYC isn't prone to earthquakes.

Come on, man. Do you folks WANT this all to be a conspiracy?

Just like with a certain group saying the end is nigh - I think they WANT this to happen so it validates their belief systems.

Same with the 2012 phenomenon, but I won't veer any more off topic!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Seriously, you're comparing two different events with two different buildings and you're surprised they acted differently?

manipulated reality yeah
a 8.9 earthquake and they are still there
the most powerfull earthquake in human history and THEY ARE STILL STANDING
the japanese skycrapers are fragile compare to the american ones
thats why im comparing them

2 planes hitting 2 different american tower and having a same result .. the chance of that is extremelly low if it wasnt a controlled demolition

im trying to open the eyes of people like you still beleiving the crap reasons they spread via corrupted media to make ME wars at the end

we are still in the mess because of that ... if the truth was to come out
we would have no choice but to back off from the ME

the truth always prevail at the end .. the sad thing in this case .. its been 10 yrs and nothing was prooven yet

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
as others have said japan has designed skyscrapers to handle earthquakes much better then our buildings. bad comparison is bad.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
as others have said japan has designed skyscrapers to handle earthquakes much better then our buildings. bad comparison is bad.

So you mean their skyscrapers are better made and more resistant compare to the huge expensives ones in NYC

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Whyhi

manipulated reality yeah
a 8.9 earthquake and they are still there
the most powerfull earthquake in human history and THEY ARE STILL STANDING
the japanese skycrapers are fragile compare to the american ones
thats why im comparing them

2 planes hitting 2 different american tower and having a same result .. the chance of that is extremelly low if it wasnt a controlled demolition

im trying to open the eyes of people like you still beleiving the crap reasons they spread via corrupted media to make ME wars at the end

we are still in the mess because of that ... if the truth was to come out
we would have no choice but to back off from the ME

the truth always prevail at the end .. the sad thing in this case .. its been 10 yrs and nothing was prooven yet

Actually it was the 5th most powerful since 1900, and Tokyo is over 200 miles from the epicenter. As others have said, the Japanese are expects at earthquake construction, which isn't surprising considering they are one of the most seismically active countries in the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Actually from what I have read and seen NYC would be smart to follow in Japans footsteps. Although the bedrock in Manhattan also known as Manhattan schist is great for tall heavy structures I can imagine it could also ring like a bell and transfer energy in the event of a large earthquake.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

Im indeed no expert to compare skyscrapers like that .. but
i saw a documentary a few months ago regarding skyscraper of today in big cities

they are all earthquakes and wind resistant that can support high pressure
they are also build in a way they can move a little bit to avoid cracking everything

the WTC were actually builded in that way

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If an 8.9 quake occurred in NYC, I would imagine the damage would be a whole lot different than Japan.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I guess things like this can make a huge difference in how a building reacts!!!!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-3-2011 by jaynkeel because: add source link for picture

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Skyscrapers are designed to sway in the wind - they are designed to sway in the win A LOT. The taller the building, the more they are capable of swaying. This design is naturally perfect for surviving a major earthquake. Though the NYC skyscrapers were never designed with earthquakes in mind, they are perfectly suited to survive a quake.

The difference with what happened to the WTC is that the WTC's structure was compromised by the impact and explosions of the planes - then the fire. Once you start compromising the structural integrity of something that is that tall and that heavy, it's going to come down. If something goes wrong with a skyscraper's design in an earthquake - if some major column wasn't built or designed right and comes down, it could compromise the whole structure and cause one to come down. It's not impossible, but we're generally pretty good at building stuff so it hasn't happened in places with these kinds of buildings, yet.

One scary thing about NYC is that some very tall buildings have NOT been built right for dealing with earthquakes. During the 60's and 70's a lot of apartment buildings were built more like pancake layers on stilts. When an earthquake hits New York (and it will), these buildings will "pancake" or all of the higher floors will fall down onto the lower floors as the columns in between them crumble and you'll have many, many thousands of people crushed in between these floors in these structures. The bigger skyscrapers, even the older ones like the Empire State Building and Chrysler Building (and if it still stood the WTC) should do very well in an quake. The only real issue is that big pieces of the facade could come down, which could harm people on the ground below. That could be a big problem.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

"The difference with what happened to the WTC is that the WTC's structure was compromised by the impact and explosions of the planes - then the fire. "
-- ummm, building 7. (why is this so easy?)

"Once you start compromising the structural integrity of something that is that tall and that heavy, it's going to come down."
-- straight down and explode in an orgy plume of doom! What else would you expect? I mean, surely they wouldn't have toppled over and destroyed any other buildings. And don't show me your roofs caved in...I'm talking floors above the impact zones laying sideways in the street. But forget all that...
...umm building 7.

Why do we still have to explain this to people?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Each tower was designed to withstand an impact from two commercial planes, yet it only took one to bring each one down. Now there was either a serious design flaw or....

WTC7 was the first steel structure building in the world to collapse due to fire. Again either a very serious design flaw or......

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

For the love of God.. I know people want to belive what they want, but for the moment can we not use a disaster that just occured in an effort to bring things up 10 years in the past? The structures in Japan are built to a much higher standard than American buildings because of their geographic location (earthquake/ring of fire/Tsunamis).

Not to mention their skyscrapers werent compromised to the extent the WTC was.

Please dont dishonor the dead by making this comparison.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join