It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cresent City Harbor Destroyed; Town Rocked By Surge From Japan Tsunami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The Tsunami waves unleashed from Japans 9.1 quake have reached the West Coast area, and have destroyed the Cresenct City Harbor.

Prayers go out to those all over, heed the warnings, pass it on!

The tsunami in question traveled from Japan to the west coast of the United States after the huge Japan earthquake which registered 8.9 on the Richter scale. Only four other earthquakes since 1900 have been larger: Chile, 1960, 9.5 magnitude; Prince William Sound, Alaska, 1964 9.2 magnitude; Northern Sumatra, 2004 9.1 magnitude; Kamchatka, 1952 9.0 magnitude.

Crescent City, CA had been evacuated. Despite this, apparently some had stayed to witness the carnage. Four were swept out to sea. One is still missing. The man had reportedly been taking pictures of the waves, and the Coast Guard is still searching for him.

The eight-foot-high waves from the Sendai Earthquake, as it is now being called, destroyed much of Crescent City harbor. Boats in the harbor were battered and crushed, and nearly Highway 101 was closed.

Crescent CIty sits on the border between California and Oregon. It has suffered before at the brunt of tsunami waves. In 1965, it felt the wrath of a tsunami that killed 11 people and destroyed 289 homes and businesses. That tsunami was the result of the Good Friday Earthquake off Anchorage, Alaska.

www.huliq.com...

edition.cnn.com...#

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

A guy taking pictures was swept out to sea. Interesting. I live in TN & in January or early Feb I dreamed I was on a beach, watching the ocean. It was beautiful seeing waves crash into this large rock, so I grabbed my camera to begin taking pictures. On my left side were a row of trees and behind me a large building.
So I am about to photo and see a large wave coming. It was like the wave was tall as a car and I was the size of a baseball. So I turn & run toward the building & others are running too. Then I woke up. I smelled & tasted the ocean for a brief moment.

Oh before that dream I was in my kitchen and it started getting very foggy behind the house & I saw a bull. Then I was on the beach and when the wave was coming I remember seeing the bull in the water too.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Very interesting, your dream.
I would stay away from the beach...

Two things prompted me to post this story.
One was a dream I had, and two...a strong feeling to post this news.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hehe yeah, I'll do that. The story reminded me of the dream I had. Poor guy. People don't realize the power of those waves.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Yes, thats so true.

The first video has the undercurrent sound in it...so powerful its eerie.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
CRESCENT CITY, Calif. -

Coast Guard Air Station North Bend HH-65C Dolphin helicopter conducts an over flight of
Crescent City, Calif., Friday, Mar. 11, 2011, after an earthquake near Japan caused a
Tsunami to strike the West Coast.

top topics

join