It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ATS! (Updated 3-13-11)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
Oh dear, another keyboard warrior. Please tell me that wasn't some sort of threat or intent to follow me around the boards griping or bitching like some girl about everything I post.

Take it as you like, and label me as you like, too. Makes no difference to me. name calling is a sure sign of a weak argument, so you are awarded no points.

You've moaned about my posts where I ask if whether or not everyone included in this video was given prior notice and was asked their permission...

Waaa, waa. WHO'S moaning again? When I need your permission for anything, I'll issue it to you.

I also don't like the idea of being labelled "ATS", partly because I'm not so sure that would be a good thing.

Bummer. Yet you still come here to whine. Imagine that. Do you have any OTHER issues of associating yourself with things you don't want to be associated with, or is it just ATS? I mean, are we special like that?

I dont want to conform with the herds who are moaning about not being included, thats all.

So instead you moan about those who WERE or were not included, as if you've got a dog in that fight. Pfft. Bitching and moaning is bitching and moaning. News flash for ya - you don't get to think for all of the rest of ATS. Hows about letting them decide whether they're proud to be associated with ATS or not?

By incessantly moaning all you are doing is strengthening my views concerning conforming to the back slapping, hey arent we all great here on ATS, love in.

Glad to be of assistance in supplying you with some strength. There's plenty more where that came from, and you're in obvious need.

If you dont agree with me fine, but don't start throwing empty ridiculous threats around... That wouldn't be very ATS of you would it!?

I don't make threats, ever. Not here, not in the real world. How you choose to interpret things sounds like a personal problem to me.

edit on 2011/3/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You're like a little terrier with a bone aren't you? You just can't let go... You just can't accept that there's some here who just wont go along with your ideals or views. When you come across them you just can't help yourself. You have to jump in with two feet and go on incessantly about why everyone else is wrong and you are right. Nobody else is allowed a single coherent thought unless it has your blessing and agrees with your sensibilities.
I think this says more about you than I ever could...
Now please, for the love of all that is holy, don't reply with another long overly drawn out post about why, in your opinion, I'm wrong and you're right. We all get it superstar. Just accept the fact thats all.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I dont understand why your getting your panties in a bunch!?

They're MY panties, and I'll bunch 'em as I see fit.

We disagree that's all! You wont be the first on here I've disagreed with and you certainly wont be the last. I dont get your unwillingness to accept that I dont like being tagged or labelled by anyone or anything.

And I don't get your inability to comprehend that YOU weren't mentioned in the video at all, therefore YOU were not "tagged" (we'll, until I tagged you in my post just above. Deal with it) or labelled in any manner. Disagreeing is one thing, disagreeing merely to be disagreeable is quite another. Expect to get called on it when that's what you're up to.

I'm not insulting ATS or it's members...

I can go back through the thread and collect the insults, if you're attention span is really that short. Should I?

...by stating this I'm just saying I'd much rather not be labelled,

Again, YOU were not mentioned in it at all, so YOU weren't labelled in any manner by the video.

and at the same time wondering what the purpose of this video is. Is it some sort of propaganda video? Is it a advertisement for the site? Is it just a bit of fun? Whatever it is I just dont see the point of it thats all.

There's probably a couple other threads around ATS if you just can't comprehend the point of this one. "Propaganda"? How would it be propaganda? Are you aware of what propaganda really is, and how it works? I'm surprised you didn't throw the overused "disinfo" label in there, too.

Catchphrases are fun, aren't they?

Seriously, so we disagree, stop getting all bent out of shape about it and accept it like I accept your view point.

Uh huh. Your comment directed towards Stormdancer777 is what really set me off. Up to that point, you were only mildly annoying, like heartburn. Since we're such close buds now that we can give orders to one another, YOU stop throwing weight around that you ain't got just to be disagreeable, and I'll obey the command to stop getting bent out of shape over it.

Sounds fair to me.

edit on 2011/3/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

You're like a little terrier with a bone aren't you? You just can't let go..

Oddly I see two terriers, both not letting go..

Slayers video is what it is..
IMO a tribute to ATS and it's members..

If you don't like it, don't watch it..
But bitching about privacy when you don't even have an avatar is a bit silly..
No one that has had their avatar displayed are complaining..
Does that tell you something???

Now be the bigger terrier and end this useless debate..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I appealed to your nicer side and asked politely for you not to reply with another long drawn out post but you just couldn't bring yourself to do it could you?
For the love of great Caesars ghost, we all get it! You're right and anyone who disagrees with you or doesn't share your views is wrong... Now can I ask you to draw a line under this and stop being a pest just cos I don't agree with you or are you going to continue to try and bring about my untimely death due to boredom!?
Lets agree to disagree. Walk away and leave it as I've been trying to do...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You really expect someone to walk away from an insulting post such as that??
Mate, you are wrecking a good thread with crap and not endearing yourself to anyone..
Walk away, that's my advice..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Im not even reading through the 20 pages of bickering to thank Slayer.
I can't believe the petty arguements still taking place.

So anyways. Thanks Slayer...!!!

I caught my avatar immediately!

We are ATS!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I am the bigger terrier!

I dont think you quite get what I was getting at but it doesn't matter anymore. I feel like the deaf guy in that joke who's deaf and who is asked if he is getting his ears seen to by a doctor, who looks at his watch and replies ten past two.
I keep putting my views forward and get a lot replies which dont address my original questions!
However, I'm hoping a certain someone will drop it as I now intend to do.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

You really expect someone to walk away from an insulting post such as that??
Mate, you are wrecking a good thread with crap and not endearing yourself to anyone..
Walk away, that's my advice..

Insulting post! If you think thats insulting you should read some of my posts when I intend to be purposefully insulting... Thanks for your advice by the way. I never asked for it but thanks anyway...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You're like a little terrier with a bone aren't you? You just can't let go...

associate me with any sort of dog that suits your fancy. I give as good as I get, and I've not noticed you getting any quieter, either. Matter of fact, you've been saying the same nonsensical stuff over and over again, all through the thread, and have yet to address any of the points I've brought up concerning your "issues" with being associated in something you weren't associated in at all, since I got into the conversation.

I mean, really, if I'm a terrier, what's YOUR dog in this fight?

You just can't accept that there's some here who just wont go along with your ideals or views.

Oh, I get that. I get that every day. What I don't get is why you feel a need to continually claim you were "associated" with ATS in a video that never even mentioned you. Care to explain? I presume you must somehow feel that posting here is NOT an "association" with ATS, but not being mentioned in Slayer's video here IS.

I'm failing to see the logic in that.

When you come across them you just can't help yourself. You have to jump in with two feet and go on incessantly about why everyone else is wrong and you are right. Nobody else is allowed a single coherent thought unless it has your blessing and agrees with your sensibilities.
I think this says more about you than I ever could...

If you can point out somewhere I've done that, it would be helpful, thanks.

I HAVE noticed that sort of thing in several of YOUR posts in this thread. Again, If you've got a short attention span, I can collect them all in one spot for your reading pleasure if you'd like.

Now please, for the love of all that is holy, don't reply with another long overly drawn out post about why, in your opinion, I'm wrong and you're right. We all get it superstar. Just accept the fact thats all.

I'll decide for myself when I'm through posting, thanks. I'm "conformist" like that.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Another long drawn out boring post which says exactly the same as his last five overly drawn out boring posts. To sum up for those easily bored and can't bring themselves to read through his inane nonsense- He's right and everyone else who disagrees with him is wrong... Look at that, I sumed up your views in one easy to read sentence... If only you could do that the world would be a better place... Sorry, you'll say when the world can be better place, I forgot...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I appealed to your nicer side and asked politely for you not to reply with another long drawn out post but you just couldn't bring yourself to do it could you?

Nope. I don't have a nicer side, if that's how you appeal to one.

For the love of great Caesars ghost, we all get it! You're right and anyone who disagrees with you or doesn't share your views is wrong...

Nope. Nowhere have I said or even insinuated that I'm right and everyone else is wrong. This ain't about "everybody". Generalize all you please, but it can't be made accurate by generalizing wrongly.

Now can I ask you to draw a line under this and stop being a pest just cos I don't agree with you or are you going to continue to try and bring about my untimely death due to boredom!?
Lets agree to disagree. Walk away and leave it as I've been trying to do...

You can ASK, but I rather enjoy being a pest when someone can't give straightforward answers to legitimate questions. You can disagree, and I'm fine with that. I'd like to just once hear a logical REASON for your disagreement, though. I've disagreed with plenty of folks at ATS, yet we can still get along. It's those who can't supply a logical REASON for their disagreeability that seem to find me to be pestilent.

Where have you been trying to "walk away"?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

"We Are The ATS Who Have Avatars And Who I Remembered To Include...Sorry To All Those I Omitted And Purposefully Left Out Who Are Also ATS But Just Not In MY We Are ATS Video"

LMFAO

Uk humour nothing beats it !
Sorry guys but this is just an ego stroking video ,
Ats is about the ideas/opinion/knowledge we have not the quality of our avatars .
And some of the people represented in that video are racist dividers of people so their inclusion is a shock .

Why dont you just print out your ats friend list ? It would do the same job .
Im not in favour of cliques as they exclude people . I thought this site was about unity ?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

And yet another long post that could be titled, Pot Calling The Kettle Black!
You tell me where I mentioned being associated with slayers vid as you claim I did a few posts back? I didn't... My original question was whether those included in the video were told prior to its release, or asked out fo couresy for their permission,and what did the video hope to accomplish? The only time I mentioned the word "associated" was when referring to ATS, but of course since when did the truth ever sneak into any of your posts!? After all, we're all wrong and aren't allowed a thought or idea of our own. If we were you would accept my views and let it go instead of trying to prove I'm wrong and unsuccesfully picking apart my posts...
Can I expect another long drawn out reply or will you simply accept that we are not going to agree on this and let it go?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

Sorry guys but this is just an ego stroking video

Why, just because Slayer's avatar is displayed seven times in a slow frame all by itself? I already brought that up and I assure you, that should Slayer really want to include anyone else, he will edit those slower space consuming frames out that repeatedly show his own avatar me'thinks.

"We Are The ATS Who Have Avatars And Who I Remembered To Include...Sorry To All Those I Omitted And Purposefully Left Out Who Are Also ATS But Just Not In MY We Are ATS Video"

Like I said, there is room in there for more but hey, Slayer created the darn video and if he wants his own avatar in its own slow frame seven times, so be it. It really is a cool video you must admit. Ego stroking? Come on Doomzilla.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Do you know what the problem is though bro ?
The video is an impossible feat , there a lot of good posters here and new ones join every day !
Slayer would have to update the video constantly .
Hes already updated it which shows that the 1st version was not perfect and like I said I think it will be impossible .

I saw this thread before but didnt comment but after reading Mr Warners posts I had to agree .

Im sure Slayer had good intentions .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You have me at 'WE'.....................

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Why can't people just accept this artistic expression for what it is? If somebody has a different vision for what a "We are ATS" video should be, then by all means create your own version.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

And yet another long post that could be titled, Pot Calling The Kettle Black!

How so?

You tell me where I mentioned being associated with slayers vid as you claim I did a few posts back?

Reading comprehension can be your friend, too. I mentioned in particular that you are NOT associated with the video, and asked how the video in any way "labels" YOU because of that.

I didn't... My original question was whether those included in the video were told prior to its release, or asked out fo couresy for their permission,and what did the video hope to accomplish? The only time I mentioned the word "associated" was when referring to ATS, but of course since when did the truth ever sneak into any of your posts!?

Meh. I've been accused of being a "disifo agent" and a "liar" before. It's amusing that so far NO ONE has been able to back any of those claims, but sometimes they still try to make them, apparently. I guess that's the last resort of folks who can't back up their own thoughts by answering simple questions.

If you can't grasp the purpose of the video, then I can't help you. The Disinfo Agency don't pay me enough for that.

After all, we're all wrong and aren't allowed a thought or idea of our own.

Again, I challenge you directly to back that generalized statement up. I note that you were spectacularly unable to do so the LAST time I asked, and I'll bet dollars against donuts that you can't this time, either.

If we were you would accept my views and let it go instead of trying to prove I'm wrong and unsuccesfully picking apart my posts...

Oh, I accept that your views are your views - after all they're YOUR views, and it's not up to me to decide what you think. Views can't be "wrong", they are opinions, not facts. I'm asking for a logical REASON for you to have those views, and so far I've not seen you supply any. Care to at least try? OR would you prefer to carry on with insults and wrongful generalizations?

Can I expect another long drawn out reply or will you simply accept that we are not going to agree on this and let it go?

Probably not any more replies after this one, since we're just going around in circles with you evading the questions, and me having to re-ask them in hopes that you might at least attempt an answer. I can see that's not bloody likely to happen. I really think you don't HAVE any logical reasons, and just want to engage in a pissing contest, in which I've already hit the high mark on the wall.

So then, you get the last word - unless you can manage to muster up some answers, and gain my thanks for at least having a reason.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow, my second view and I love this video, thanks for including my pup! I could not stop smiling at all the faces that I have grown to adore here at ATS!

It amazes me the controversy that can arise just from our Avatars! I hope the video goes viral and is played in bars across the Nation! Well, even if they are just gay bars! LOL (that should stir up the kettle)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join