It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ATS! (Updated 3-13-11)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Where did I say anything of the kind? What I said was that the proper avenue for voicing your specific concerns was to use the complaint feature and not to derail the thread in question.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Nobody was "labeled" as anything. The people that use the avatars in the video participate in discussion in ATS, correct? That means they are part of ATS.

We Are ATS... No I'm not. !

If you don't want to be part of ATS, then you shouldn't be posting on the site. "ATS" isn't a label at all. It's more of a community, but being part of a community doesn't mean you have to conform to anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

By questioning its legitimacy am I also derailing the thread? Surely not!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

That's what hes been doing the whole time Heff. He just comes up with his own twisted definition of things so he can argue against it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

Nobody was "labeled" as anything. The people that use the avatars in the video participate in discussion in ATS, correct? That means they are part of ATS.

We Are ATS... No I'm not. !

If you don't want to be part of ATS, then you shouldn't be posting on the site. "ATS" isn't a label at all. It's more of a community, but being part of a community doesn't mean you have to conform to anything.

I am a member of ATS but I'm not ATS. Its not something which defines me.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I feel guilty saying it but that was great and a much needed break from the nonstop destruction I've immersed myself in the for the past two days, thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I never said ATS defines you. Instead, you are part of what defines ATS. That's been the whole point, and that's what you've had backwards this whole time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

By questioning its legitimacy am I also derailing the thread? Surely not!

Exactly how does one "question the legitimacy" of an artistic expression? You either like an artistic expression or you do not like it. There is no legitimacy issue to argue.

If you do not want to be associated with ATS that is fine. I'm lost as to why you feel so strongly about others being included?

Should a single person who is represented in this video complain about it, I can assure that staff will review the situation and react appropriately.

Barring that event, I fail to see the problem here at all.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You could say every post teaches is a little more about ourselves, if we are aware and willing to learn.

Being a part of the tribe is natural, it is an instinctual need, it is part of survival, we are a part of this, yet we are individuals,

I think I see what is really happening here, some of us don't really see how needy we really are, time for reflection, if you say you don't need to be part of the tribe, you most likely need it more then the rest yet don't fully understand,

that,

It is a protection mechanism, so you don't feel the pain of rejection.

It's all good.
edit on 123131p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No im not concerned about being included in the video without permission if thats any consolation to you.
I really dont care what anybody thinks about me being affiliated to ATS. I dont know why its bothering you in the first place.

Im proud to be part of such an open minded forum. You got to ask yourself why are you here on ATS? and If your here for the right reasons you wouldnt really care either.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Okay, whatever, can we just agree to disagree? People having their avatars and names included in something, anything, without their say so just doesn't sit well with me. And maybe I am being a bit dense about the whole We Are ATS thing but I simply don't like being labelled, especially without my permission. And I dont think others would either.
Anyway, the argument has reached a peak that tempers are fraying and someone sooner or later is going to say something they'll regret so I'll finish by saying that I couldn't have realised that I not wanting to be typecast or pigeon holed would produce such a fierce reaction.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You guys are caught in the drama, it is not necessary, he would have stopped a long time ago if he didn't get a reaction, you see we all feed off this energy.

Ah I love that book.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
**ATTENTION**

The direct member attacks and off topic posts will stop here. Further violations of the Terms and Conditions will result in warnings and post removals.

Please refrain from discussing each other and discuss the topic.

Thank you.

~Keeper
Forum Moderator

link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
Okay, whatever, can we just agree to disagree? People having their avatars and names included in something, anything, without their say so just doesn't sit well with me. And maybe I am being a bit dense about the whole We Are ATS thing but I simply don't like being labelled, especially without my permission. And I dont think others would either.
Anyway, the argument has reached a peak that tempers are fraying and someone sooner or later is going to say something they'll regret so I'll finish by saying that I couldn't have realised that I not wanting to be typecast or pigeon holed would produce such a fierce reaction.

It's OK CW, just learn from it and move on, see you on the forum,

link   

But you weren't included, so the point is moot. I have not seen even ONE other negative response, let alone a negative response from someone whose avatar actually made it into the video.

And there's no need for fraying tempers here. It was all in good fun.

For me, anyway!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

If you don't want your name or avatar put out without your permission, then you might want to reread TOC. Post here, and ATS owns you :p Like any other website out there.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You've apparently gotten at least some people worked up it seems, Slayer. I think that's a sign that you're doing something right

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join