It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ATS! (Updated 3-13-11)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
reply to post by warbird03

I think you should look up the meaning of diversity because your explanation of it is borderline insane. Diversity means a lot more than an avatar and how it may, or may not, connect with its owner.

No, my definition of diversity is spot-on. Diversity essentially means a large variety, in case you don't know (and it appears you don't).

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Well you can make whatever claims you want, but that doesn't stop me from refuting you and making you look like a total retard. Can you prove any of what you said? No, and people that will take you at your word without evidence, I care nothing about.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I been trying to think of something witty to say all day.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

The problem with that argument is that that person has never, to my knowledge, participated in either of those communities. True, the images are available for use by anybody. The names too, as they are not our real names.

Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is my real name, kinda.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I think you should look up the meaning of diversity because your explanation of it is borderline insane. Diversity means a lot more than an avatar and how it may, or may not, connect with its owner.

No, my definition of diversity is spot-on. Diversity essentially means a large variety, in case you don't know (and it appears you don't).

How can I expect you to understand the meaning of diversity when you can't construct a decent sentence. In your words, "Diversity means a large variety, in case you don't know!!!!! " Your understanding or the meaning of diversity is very limited...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I been trying to think of something witty to say all day.

Well dont, you'll give yourself a headache...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I think your sarcasm detector is broken, you may want to get it looked at. It was pretty obvious on almost every reply about not having an avatar in there was made by somebody who understood and accepted the video as what it is, something to show the diversity here. Just because you can't understand that doesn't make you right. I'll say it once again, this isn't Slayer's way of saying "these are the only people who matter." He's just not the kind of person to do that, and you'd know that if you cared to do more than make pointless and baseless complaints.

What diversity? Seriously, what diversity? Are we meant to get a grasping of a individuals thought processes, his ideals and creativity simply because he scoured google images and picked an image as his or hers avatar! Seriously, is that what your saying? Forget the avatar, that doesn't make any difference, instead consider the name next to the pretty picture and then ask yourself was that person asked if he wanted to be included in this video? Does he or she want to be labelled "ATS"? And if they haven't then slayer has to ask why he thought himself able to judge who did or in some cases didn't want to be involved int he great ATS love in...

I believe all you are wasting your time for here, if you really can't tell and want to know? Is an artistic mentality..
It's just art. That's all. This is exactly what art is supposed to be. Controversial, provacative, sensational.
Pss folks off as it makes others happy. Sounds like art to me.

Slayer you are aware? Your genius may not be realised in your lifetime? Arn't you?

edit on 12-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

How can I expect you to understand the meaning of diversity when you can't construct a decent sentence. In your words, "Diversity means a large variety, in case you don't know!!!!! " Your understanding or the meaning of diversity is very limited...

Diversity

–noun, plural -ties.
the state or fact of being diverse; difference; unlikeness.
variety; multiformity.
a point of difference.

See that? "Variety" Still want to say I don't understand what it means? It's not a difficult word to understand, although it still appears you don't. What's with the crack about me constructing a sentence? There's absolutely nothing wrong with my grammar. In fact, I go out of my way to type out my replies as clearly and correctly as I can. Your understanding of English language must be pretty twisted if you have a problem with my sentence structure.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This video was like a reunion of a dysfunctional family! So many avatars of so many people with so many different viewpoints, --a well-stocked buffet of a cross-section of America and the world of fringe topic and passionate debate. Simply stunning, brilliantly dazzling and well done sir. Please pass the coleslaw and ribs.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Star and Flaged!!

Although I didnt see my cheeeeesy Avatar,and rightfully so. Lurking for years,will do that!!!!!!

So.......what club are you DJing at???????????????????

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Diversity

–noun, plural -ties.
the state or fact of being diverse; difference; unlikeness.
variety; multiformity.
a point of difference.

See that? "Variety" Still want to say I don't understand what it means? It's not a difficult word to understand, although it still appears you don't. What's with the crack about me constructing a sentence? There's absolutely nothing wrong with my grammar. In fact, I go out of my way to type out my replies as clearly and correctly as I can. Your understanding of English language must be pretty twisted if you have a problem with my sentence structure.

But no one is arguing that! You seem to be making this up as you go along. The argument is whether or not slayer had the right to label people ATS on his youtube video, and if not, why did he do so without their permission?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

No, that is not what your argument started out as. You began by saying that he was promoting conformity. Now that we've smashed that argument into oblivion, you're trying to argue something else. Just give it up man, you're getting nowhere.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

If that is your concern then the proper way to address it would be to alert this thread, with your concern stated, so that staff can discuss and research that particular concern.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Nice job, Slayer! Cool concept, well executed.
Kudos!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

No, that is not what your argument started out as. You began by saying that he was promoting conformity. Now that we've smashed that argument into oblivion, you're trying to argue something else. Just give it up man, you're getting nowhere.

Its the same argument... If you speak for someone else, include them in something without their say so you are taking for granted that they conform and agree with your ideals.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Your logic, or lack thereof, blows my mind. They are in no way, shape or form the same argument. The only thing you're accomplishing here is showing your lack of understanding. Being included in the video doesn't mean he's trying to make that person conform to his ideals. What ideals would he be trying to promote if he were? You haven't provided an answer to that when it was asked before. There aren't any presented in that video.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

If that is your concern then the proper way to address it would be to alert this thread, with your concern stated, so that staff can discuss and research that particular concern.

~Heff

Oh please, give me a break. At the moment this is a serious discussion whether or not its right to go labelling people without their say so. Nobody, least of all me, saying that its the end of the world as we know it, just that I dont like this premise that if I did bother to have an avatar next to my name, that someone could come along and use it on a video to advertise a site such as ATS! This would hint that I had given prior permission for it to be used... And whatsmore, that I agreed with the message behind the video!? Unless, of course, you are saying that the avatars used on ATS belong by default to ATS!?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Actually, if you put an image on the internet it doesn't only belong to ATS, it belongs to each and every person who uses the internet. Sorry, but everything on the internet is fair game.

All you've done so far is come up with contrived, baseless arguments against this video. It really seems that the internet is not the kind of place for you.
edit on 13-3-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

We Are ATS... No I'm not. !
I am a individual who enjoys the debates here on ATS. I like the people (usually) and find the threads stimulating but I am not now, or never will be, ATS... If people want to label themselves as such fine, I have no problem with that just as long as that's known before someone comes along and includes you in a youtube video without your knowledge.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join