It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 men who discovered bomb say they later lost jobs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

3 men who discovered bomb say they later lost jobs

www.seattlepi.com

Three cleanup workers who were hailed as heroes after finding a live bomb along the route of a Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade in Spokane

they found a backpack containing the bomb about an hour before the scheduled start of the Jan. 17 parade.

They alerted police, who were able to defuse the bomb.

"For the first two days, basically all we did was get chewed out," worker Mark Steiner told KHQ of Spokane. "We did this wrong. We did that wrong. I don't know what you consider calling 911
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wait.... say what?
Something here doesn't make any sense

Cleanup workers found a bag, immediately called the cops
And then they get fired?

It almost sounds like........

Okay, let's see the perp
who is he?
Kevin William Harpham

Harpham was arrested at a rural trailer home about 50 miles north of Spokane, Wash., where the bomb had been placed.

A federal complaint gave little detail about how authorities were led to Harpham. An FBI affidavit against him remained under seal.

www.nydailynews.com...
Under seal?
Why?

I did some searching and apparently FBI affidavit are usually available to the public.

Should we be asking questions here or is there nothing to see?

Thoughts?

www.seattlepi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They were just hired for a clean up job during the parade. Wasn't a long term thing. At least thats what i got out of the link you posted.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Darkice19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sounds like a legit conspiracy to me. They should have been promoted, not fired!! They saved how many lives finding this bomb, and fired???? I don't know too much about this topic, but to me this sounds like a great topic to discuss!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

But he said there was concern "they were messing around with the bomb." "I think they put themselves at more risk than they needed," Twohig said.

It is not a major red flag. Pretty normal for someone to be upset with someone playing with a live device.

The thing is, if it were a grand conspiracy, than why would they condemn the workers, why not hail them as heroes since it did or didn't go to plan?

IDK

Keep investigating if you wish.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It almost sounds like........

It sounds almost like that bomb was intended to go off.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Labor ready www.laborready.com... is a temp agency, that hires workers for daily, weekly etc. I 've used them over the years when things were going not so good. Anywho I failed to see where it said that they got fired in the article however I would assume for some insurance purposes that they were "blacklisted" by labor ready.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
From the article:

"We did this wrong. We did that wrong. I don't know what you consider calling 911 wrong after two minutes after we found it."

Emphasis added by me.

Two minutes is a REALLY long time before dialing 911. It does not take anywhere near that long to open a backpack, see wires, and call police.

edit on 11-3-2011 by lpowell0627 because: html coding error

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is quite odd. I have several theories, but none of them don't fit perfectly. Maybe it was thought that they were responsible for the bomb and had second thoughts about it, or it could go higher then that, being planned by someone higher in the group who hired him for whatever reason. Perhaps they were fired because they might make more evidence surface, and start asking questions.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Spetsnaz2077 because: Wanted to add something and fix a grammar mistake.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP , I have no doubt something is a miss here .Here is my personal story of a planned bombing .www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
And the moral of the story boys and girls is... DO NOT Bollox big brothers false flags.. Erm plans.. Makes big brother upset and punish you..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is stated from the beginning as a temporary position. The article clearly says these men are welcome to return to work at the public facilities. There is nothing in the article to say that Labor Ready won't send them on other jobs. Only that they (expectedly) lost their temporary jobs.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

When working for these type of temp services if you find any personal property, you are to notify a supervisor. Where they went wrong was in opening the backpack and not turning it in. In the eyes of the company they did break the rules.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PresumedInnocent

I do remember in the guidelines you read and the video you watched and were tested on stating that in case of anything, Problems at the job, injury, etc. to call inform a super and to call them immediately , so yes you are right. I was always under the assumption that they did this for insurance/legal reasons, which makes perfect sense.

I can't blame them though the good majority of the people that I saw in my days going there were just trying to make enough money to go to the liquor store or get a fix, or hit. I saw more people than not purposely get fired halfway through a day or quit or leave or just plane make up scenarios or complain till they we dismissed so yeah I can see where and why they would do this.

That is all.
edit on 11/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: spelling

edit on 11/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
They got let go from their positions because they picked up the bomb, putting themselves and the public at risk.
Albeit, they were not trained for suspicious packages, their thought is that they did nothing wrong. But ignorance can be dangerous in this instance.
Anyways, the temp agency can find other work for them, they just got let go from a temp site, which happens all the time.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Do any of you have any experience with Labor Ready or even know what it is????

A guy I used to know worked there a lot so let me fill you in...

You show up EARLY in the morning...generally a bunch of other out of work people will as well. Labor Ready then figures out how many people they need, and pull from the people waiting outside. They are used for manual labor, construction type stuff etc. You are paid for your services and leave. YOU ARE NOW DONE. They don't "fire" people...they simply use them for one, very, very temporary job, and then cut them a check.

It sounds to me like Labor Ready was hired to get some guys to keep the parade area clean...meaning this was not a long term job..and then after it was over, the men were to get paid and Labor Ready forgets all about them.

No one got fired here guys...this is basically non-news that is being sensationalized to seem like it is news.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LazerTron

Well If you read the above posts more specifically mine which I believe was like 6th on the page, then you obviously would not be starting off your post with that question.

Also They do alot more than just labor/construction. I over the years Was sent to a recycling plant, an auto show, a car wash, homeless shelter, I once even cleaned out Heinz field after a Pitt football game.

Even more so as I've already stated they do jobs accordingly 1 day, two, 4 a week.

And while true you work and are paid daily they can blacklist/ban you as I've seen it happen. And if these men had this happen and they were relying on Labor ready for their income then yes they did lose they're jobs.

BTW last time I checked and during the time I went there, they went by first come/first serve basis not the okay I pick you, you and you method. Even more so inside they had coffee and doughnuts every morning and a tele pumping out the msm They didn't make us wait outside like we were laborers in front of Home depot or Lowes or wherever. While I'm sure some things have changed over the years alas I guess what I am getting at are these two main points ..............

1. Read a thread before you post in it. (reason being Well see line 1 of this post)

2. Just because your buddy told you so, or anyone else for that matter, does not make it so. Experience beats hearsay in my book.
edit on 12/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: I re-wrote part of this post because I felt like I was too ignorant.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

The start of my post was directed at those "any of those" who believe this is some conspiracy...not everyone in general...perhaps I should have been clearer...

But Labor Ready stated that these guys HAVE worked for them since the bomb incident, so they were not blacklisted. They simply worked, got paid, and that was the end of that.

No conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LazerTron

Oh I see sorry for being a ________. I didn't know that they have worked for them since. As that kinda makes this story null and void.

Please accept my apologies. I tend to get sarcastic rather quickly.
edit on 12/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
well, they probably shouldnt have found that bomb u know

thats my world lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join