It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Long Valley Caldera System Activated by Japanese Megaquake !!!

page: 2
17
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No shaking yet in So Cal. according to my 3 dogs and 2 cats.

But those graphs are insane.

I am a bit sick to my stomach right now. When you put together all the things projected and all the things that have happened in the last week....dead fish, solar flares....yellowstone and arkansas humming..
edit on 11-3-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123
 


Taking a screen shot proves nothing because these are automated and the computer posts them. As I explained in the posy I linked to the computer was wrong, therefore the notice gets removed. All taking a screen shot does is prove that the computer made a mistake.

I have a few of these so I don't need to see a screen shot to prove it. You can only prove it if there is no transmission break in the waveform and there is a waveform shape that shows it was a quake. Now if you see that then yes that would indeed be a conspiracy to cover up.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo
 



Puteran, can you access the Long Valley Caldera monitoring station at Chato Peak and listen to it? PLEASE!


I can't get that particular instrument as the NC network is not publicly accessible for data. I am trying to find another one close by.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo
 


I got data for McGee Canyon which is in the caldera. I have listened to a few hours of not very much at all. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

As I said in my earlier post, that particular one you were looking at is because it is sensitive and was overloaded by the Japan quake. You can see that pattern on many seismos from time to time.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo
 


This is really scary stuff. I live about 200 miles south from there. This is way too close and if that thing blow, it is going to get ugly.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thanks Puterman, your explanation of why the data flowed into tomorrow's time slot makes alot of sense.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Well its friday night and the world is shaking up, im gonna go grab a bag of popcorn and watch the show.... i hope you all survive and no more get killed.


I agree, but I'll skip the popcorn and go straight to a beer and a shot.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm down under and watching CNN tell me someone please 'why is Cal declaring state of Emergeny in five counties?'
It's going along the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen but no one is explaining it.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2
 


I believe it's from the tsunami damage in the harbors there.
Not 100% sure.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
I'm sitting here in shock over all of this and am looking at the image I physicaly saved from the USGS monitoring station from Chato Peak, which is the image I posted above... and ask the question:

Why does the time and date say March 12 ???


MARCH 12 folks... IS THIS A HAARP INDUCED - PLANNED - ERUPTION OF THE LONG VALLEY CALDERA, AND THE USGS JUT MADE THE MISTAKE OF POSTING ~TOMORROWS~ GRAPH?... AND THAT'S WHY ALL THE STATONS ARE NOW OFFLINE, TO FIX THAT MISTAKE?


I do not believe you are looking at a conspiracy there. Remember that the international date line originates in the middle of the pacific. Therefore it could be local times in Japan or in the USA to account for the date/time discrepancy. Also they could be using either military time, or ZULU time which is what aviation uses for standard worldwide time so that flights are more easily kept on a world time clock as they zoom across local time zones.

I believe one or a combination of these factors would account for the discrepancy.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Seekeye2
 


I believe it's from the tsunami damage in the harbors there.
Not 100% sure.


Yes I heard about the damage in the harbors but would that be enough to declare a state of emergency ?? Thanks anyway.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2
 


It is indeed due to the damage done at the harbors.

Los Angeles Times Source

FYI - instead of worrying, remember, Google is your friend. You can always go in there and type in a couple of key words. I did... "california state of emergency" and then click on the "news" tab in the upper left hand corner. A wealth of information at my fingertips.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i signed up for an acount over this thread even though i been reading info from ATS for over a year or more... i know earthquakes in the area are pretty common in Long valley especially, and i was just wondering if someone could break it down why there are earthquakes so shallow in long valley caldera and should this be reason for concern? it looks pretty normal but i just notice that there was one right in long valley area a couple hours ago... earthquake.usgs.gov...



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
I'm sitting here in shock over all of this and am looking at the image I physicaly saved from the USGS monitoring station from Chato Peak, which is the image I posted above... and ask the question:

Why does the time and date say March 12 ???


MARCH 12 folks... IS THIS A HAARP INDUCED - PLANNED - ERUPTION OF THE LONG VALLEY CALDERA, AND THE USGS JUT MADE THE MISTAKE OF POSTING ~TOMORROWS~ GRAPH?... AND THAT'S WHY ALL THE STATONS ARE NOW OFFLINE, TO FIX THAT MISTAKE?


I do not believe you are looking at a conspiracy there. Remember that the international date line originates in the middle of the pacific. Therefore it could be local times in Japan or in the USA to account for the date/time discrepancy. Also they could be using either military time, or ZULU time which is what aviation uses for standard worldwide time so that flights are more easily kept on a world time clock as they zoom across local time zones.

I believe one or a combination of these factors would account for the discrepancy.


Puterman put that perspective at ease when he disclosed the instrument sensitivity issues that caused the graphs to spill over into future dates.

FYI, these monitoring instruments are on location... not somewhere in Japan lol.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Nothing going on in long valley except wind that sometime vibrates the seismographs.

There were High Wind Warnings for Mammoth Lakes, CA yesterday. gust to 60 mph



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED
 


I HAVE BEEN TO LONG VALLEY CALDERA AN I DOUBT EVEN IN A POWERFUL WIND ,COULD CAUSE A TREMOR OR SMALL QUAKE... so my question remains unanswered...



posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo
 


I got data for McGee Canyon which is in the caldera. I have listened to a few hours of not very much at all. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

As I said in my earlier post, that particular one you were looking at is because it is sensitive and was overloaded by the Japan quake. You can see that pattern on many seismos from time to time.


Ok... this stuff going on at Long Valley: Cahto Peak

WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON HERE?!! When the 9.1 Japanese quake hit on the 11th, I posted this thread because all of the monitoring stations in Long Valley were rumbling... with a special querey about Cahto Peak. I asked Puterman about the Cahto Peak anomaly and he said it was due to the graph's sensitivity that was what was showing the unbelieveable seizmic activity, which made sense to me, so I moved on.

Today I randomly checked Cahto Peak's siezmo again.... and IT'S STILL SHAKING OFF THE CHART... AND HAS BEEN SINCE THE 11TH, WITH TODAY BEING THE 28TH!! Here's Cahto's 15 day record:

Cahto Peak (KCPB HHZ NC --) Past 15 Days

Puterman, can you please explain this?

I was looking around to find any similar anomalous activities at area monitors and found one
Atway to the north, at Edson Butte, in Oregon...

Oregon? why would this location look like this? Things with these monitors are really very odd!

Edson Butte Ore (KEB HHZ NC --): Mar 28, 2011



Edson Butte Ore (KEB HHZ NC --) Past 15 Days

I'll just say that if this is 'wind'... wow, someone get a windmill power generation station built there!



posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo
 


Well wind it is not! It looks to me as if those three are a little sick looking at the latest page

The is a weird page as the stations on the station map do npt match the stations on the seismo thimbnails. Anyway, on the basis that HOOD and the one you mentioned are Mt Hood then what ever those show there is nothing happening there:

TDH.UW..EHZ.2011.087 Tom, Dick and Harry. The red splodge is telemetry

VFP.UW..EHZ.2011.087 Flag point. The green is telemetry.

McGee looks OK. MGN.NN..EHZ.2011.087 Bulk of that is wind.

I can't get at the NC network but as far as I can see there appear to be no surprises out there at this time.




edit on 28/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
17
<< 1   >>

log in

join