It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanoes erupt in Russia and Indonesia hours after Japan Quake !!!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Some of you people seriously need mental help if you are STILL calling all of this normal!! You are doomed. There is no hope for you. I don't mean to be self-righteous but thank God I have Jesus Christ and the bible to tell me how and why these things are happening rather than being a blind mind controlled invalid incapable of putting two and two together wondering what's going on in the world and turning to scientist as if they had the answer. Thank you Jesus!!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You asked for proof and then tell me not to link you to it or provide it? Wow...... troll much? And yet you admit that you know these things are happening but ask me to provide you with statistical data and hard science? You are a hypocrite and a walking oxymoron, emphasis on the latter part of that term.

I said you don't need to link me because those things are proof of nothing other than they are happening. There has been no correlation to an intertwined cause.

And yet you admit that you know these things are happening but ask me to provide you with statistical data and hard science

Yes, something to show that this is not just another cycle in Earth's history, something to show that this is absolutely uncalled for, that it doesn't fit in with anything we know. To provide actual proof that something 'odd' is going on.

Whatever... you didn't even bother looking at the links or any of the data that I OR ANYONE ELSE presented, therefore you are insulting everyone else too thinking that nobody on this site has done any of their homework or has any clue about the sciences involved in this discussion.

Yes, incomplete data. As in there is no comparison to historical data (which by the way is not complete in itself so it will be hard to draw a conclusion -however, a conclusion that dismisses your notion is possible)

Plenty of other members know what I contribute and I could care less about feeding trolls, only about those who care to be enlightened and educated through the sharing of knowledge.

Sharing knowledge and sharing assumption are two separate things. If you haven't noticed I haven't created any threads. Nor would I full of drivel.

I don't remember the OP claiming this had anything to do with the other events you listed, but correct me if I am wrong.

10 major quakes fits exactly into what I am saying, I was just pointing out the wide swatch of destruction in 8 years as a result of just 3 of them, but you further added to my point, so thank you for that.

Further added to your point of what exactly?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

...the fact that a 8.9 mega quake hit Japan(the biggest recorded one yet) today, a tsunami hit Hawaii today, and at this very moment(still today) two volcanoes are irrupting, make any of the bundle of these events all together any less of a 'holy sh*t what's happening??' day.

Are you implying that it is strange that a Tsunami that was caused by the Japan earthquake is going to hit Hawaii?

Are you also implying that it is strange for volcanoes and earthquakes to happen at the same time?

Is there some information that shows this goes against all historical precedence? If there is than I will support your claim.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hawaii , Japan and Greece(?) and Italy (?) (roughly 2 3 magnitude on Greece and Italy)

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Are on a lateral line. This may tie in with the Hawaii fissure as mentioned.

Either way they're along an approximate path.

www.emsc-csem.org...

And one in South east pacific rise (5.2)

www.emsc-csem.org...

Anybody got any info on this?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I don't have to prove that it hasn't happened in history before or that it's statistically impossible, that isn't what I even posted about...

You do if you want to insinuate or imply that these events combined are nothing more than a natural phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Am I crazy or does anyone see this connection??? This isn't about doom, it's about recognizing patterns and observing what is happening around us... we've never been able to view the entire world in such a way that thousands of people could analyze data and observe things as they happen in the way we do today. I think something is emerging that we are all able to notice, but what is it?

I think you outline right there what I was trying to get across. We haven't had the level of observation in the past as we have today. So if anything we are setting more benchmarks today than anything.

To give you credit, you say 'think', as opposed to 'know', so perhaps I was a little more aggressive on your idea than I should have been. Yet, nonetheless, I believe you were trying to correlate all the information in your post together as a single event, or leading up to an event, so correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Some of you people seriously need mental help if you are STILL calling all of this normal!!

What's abnorma about it?

You surely know that there are hundreds of earthquakes every single day around the world and dozens of volcanoes erupting?

If this wasn't happening, then that would be abnormal!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think there are a lot of paranoid people on ATS, its just an earthquake, doesnt mean the end is comming, its just that now we have networking sites and stuff so infortmation travels faster but it does get dramamtised, its very sad but its natural, really bad earthquakes happen and have happened in the past, life will carry on like this for hundreds of years and no doubt we will get worse earthquakes, but dont worry, yellowstone isnt going to pop and the world isnt going to end, i sugest you get off ATS for a couple of weeks and get back to reality.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
I think there are a lot of paranoid people on ATS, its just an earthquake, doesnt mean the end is comming, its just that now we have networking sites and stuff so infortmation travels faster but it does get dramamtised, its very sad but its natural, really bad earthquakes happen and have happened in the past, life will carry on like this for hundreds of years and no doubt we will get worse earthquakes, but dont worry, yellowstone isnt going to pop and the world isnt going to end, i sugest you get off ATS for a couple of weeks and get back to reality.

I suggest you take your own advice and pay attention to nature around you.

Take it for what it's worth, but there are many older people living in this world still, and if you ask them (the ones who can still clearly remember), they will usually tell you that they haven't seen natural events take place at the rate they are now.

maps.grida.no...

Say what you want about measuring devices, or our connectedness... you're fooling yourself.

Go out and pay attention to the weather patterns, the animals, the world around you, not just what you find online in pictures or websites... we are no different than the animals that live on this planet, we just think we're smarter than everything. We have lost the connection to the planet that we once had and are ignoring what is right in front of our eyes.

I'm not saying it's the "end times", but it is harder times than we have seen.

There have been quakes, volcanoes, disasters before... and it made the news around the world at the time, so saying that we're just more "aware" because of technology is a bunch of crap.

There is something going on with our planet, a change if you will, and I'm also not saying that it hasn't happened before and isn't natural in "natural" terms, but for humans, this is "different" than what we are used to experiencing, and as far as recorded history goes, different than what we've experienced in the past. People have a right to be a little scared of what is considered "unknown" to them and we should expect that people will want answers.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There was a geologist (or maybe a seismologist, not sure) on one of the TV news channels being interviewed early in the morning on this who said that some in the geological community are starting to come around to the idea that in the cases of these super-massive quakes ("great" quakes, they call them), that they may actually be related to other geological events happening soon after that are even thousands of miles away.

It's not well understood or even accepted yet, but it's the kind of thing they are begging to seriously look at and try to figure out how to study. It may or may not happen, but there's enough anecdotal evidence now that it bares seriously looking at scientifically.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

True wisdom.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by Itop1

I suggest you take your own advice and pay attention to nature around you.

Take it for what it's worth, but there are many older people living in this world still, and if you ask them (the ones who can still clearly remember), they will usually tell you that they haven't seen natural events take place at the rate they are now.

maps.grida.no...

Say what you want about measuring devices, or our connectedness... you're fooling yourself.

Go out and pay attention to the weather patterns, the animals, the world around you, not just what you find online in pictures or websites... we are no different than the animals that live on this planet, we just think we're smarter than everything. We have lost the connection to the planet that we once had and are ignoring what is right in front of our eyes.

There have been quakes, volcanoes, disasters before... and it made the news around the world at the time, so saying that we're just more "aware" because of technology is a bunch of crap.

There is something going on with our planet, a change if you will, and I'm also not saying that it hasn't happened before and isn't natural in "natural" terms, but for humans, this is "different" than what we are used to experiencing, and as far as recorded history goes, different than what we've experienced in the past. People have a right to be a little scared of what is considered "unknown" to them and we should expect that people will want answers.

~Namaste

Even the link you gave states "Much of the increasein the number of the hazardous events reported is probably due to significant improvements in information access", and ive acctually stopped using this website quite a lot and im well connected with the outside world... i see a perfectly normal world, the only time i see crap happening is when i come on here and people twisting stories to make them sound far worse than they really are, you are the one that needs to get out in the real world instead of reading doom and gloom threads on here every day, even a lot of threads are false, people debunk them but they get ignored, people prefer a good gloomy doomy story these days, people thrive on the thought something bad is gonna happen, you might say this is a sick sence of thought but its the truth, the way people bang on about the world ending makes me thing that at least 50% of people on these forums acctually WANT something bad to happen, as if their lives are too boring, you might not like what you read but this is the absolute TRUTH.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I would like to speak to someone from the 1800's. Specifically, someone from 1816 who witnessed the year without a summer.. Also, if you can find people from the 14th century I would like to speak to them as well. They would have good insight into the state of affairs during that time.

They seem to work well, while nothing is perfect without thorough investigation on a matter, we would all be fooled by any charlatan making an outrageous claim. If people did their homework back in the day, I suspect less people would have bought snake oil.

That conclusion has already been made on scientific data, no intuition was need. Harder times are also not reversible. There are too many factors to make a concrete outlook on the next decade. Let alone, single year.

I don't know how many people had iPods in the 16th century, but I will take your word on it that everyone was as 'aware' as us. There was also a smaller population, less land inhabited, therefore less observation, but I am sure that doesn't factor in.

There is something going on with our planet, a change if you will, and I'm also not saying that it hasn't happened before and isn't natural in "natural" terms, but for humans, this is "different" than what we are used to experiencing, and as far as recorded history goes, different than what we've experienced in the past.

There is always 'change' in the world. Is it different than we (as in humans) are experiencing or as in you, through your own interpretation?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

[OFF TOPIC RANT] The next time you challenge me in a big forum like this, I will not hesitate to embarrass you again. Feel free to check other sources and dates on the above, I can assure you they are all accurate.

You argument on this matter can be summed up in the following metaphor:

You see an optical illusion or what could or could not be one. Rather to investigate to see if this truly is an optical illusion, instead you search for more optical illusions to validate the first one.

And somehow in someway I am supposed to have been embarrassed in your conclusion.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Come on, I think what is being said..is that even without the aid of aforesaid meters, graphs etc..common everyday empiricism dictates, Shizat is not proceeding as to any one generations norms. All the big words and philosophical pretenses a person can make does not change the fact that things are going a bit wonkers in the past few years...with a potential for crescendo building. That is really all that is being said. There are no sources, outside of empiricism in this case. Lord good luck to you if anything catastrophic happens in your neck of the woods..you will be too busy debating with yourself and your neighbors as to whether or not anything is actually taking place.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I think it's important to point out that these volcanoes were already active and not dormant, the way the OP was presented implied that the Japanese earthquakes activated dormant volcanoes, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought this either.

I'm not denying that there may be a connection, I was just presenting the facts.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

That cloud is like Lord of the Rings epic.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Everytime there is a natural disaster there are people on here screaming (not literally) "NATURE IS GETTING REVENGE ON US!" "POLE SHIFT IMMINENT!" "MASS CHANGE OCCURING, GREAT AWAKENING BEGINNING!" etc, etc.

And really, the strongest earthquake was not in this decade, it was in fact in 1964 Valdivia, Chile. I bet people are ignoring this and just focusing on the "amount" of earthquakes recently. There are possibly millions of earthquakes occuring ever year, yet most would go unnoticed as they would occur in uninhabited and remote areas.

People here really seem to want the world to blow up, things must not be going well at home.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Those Russians sure are dressed the part.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I feel very little apprehension to concur with your conclusions that these events are linked, nor that they are a prelude to a future event. With the Super Moon & Solar Max increasing gravitational forces combined with the flares exciting the Earths core we will see activity for quite some time. I only hope it does not cause a super quake, mega volcanic eruption, pole shift or indeed all of them. I feel it important to note these are the very forces which have altered the face of the Earth in the past.

Not to mention the void left by a man made disaster that was under massive pressure from the Ocean...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join