It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA - Do as you are told!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ossminid

What's your tribe?

Oh!! Surprise!!

STFU

-m0r

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It is a persons right to get killed by not "doing as their told." If they die...whoa! Natural selection applies to humans as well as non humans! Whodathunkit.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
People who don't listen to evacuation orders are first and foremost stupid

I'm with you the whole way.

But you are on a site that says water is bad, air is bad, people are bad and sex is bad.

You really don't have anyone to relate to (sadly).

I'm with you. It's just all the nutjobs come here too and overpower the place.

At least the fact you know how to live without 'society' makes you more useful if it ever does happen makes it a little easier around here.

I still like Chinese food though and questioning the PotUS freely.

-m0r

-m0r

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

We prepare, we train, we exercise again, again, again, again over various scenarios...and its not because we know something...Its because we are ready for EVERYTHING...and ANYTHING. How else whould you have us prepare to help you? We have families too you know!!

yeah... guys did a bang-up job down there in new orleans, didn't you....what with all those folks there in the superdome without water and bathroom facilities and all...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

According to some, they had the authority, the weapons, the cooperation (many gleefully) of law enforcement and private security firms, contracted emergency management companies (which the DHS vetted, and FEMA endorsed), years to plan..... they even STATED that they had a plan ..... got paid millions for it... and when the emergency arrived ..... whooops! No plan..... but they got to keep their money and no charges were filed..... you can't sue the government under who's authority the so-called emergency services were operating.

Most importantly the well-indoctrinated "boots on the ground" didn't care that there was no coordination, no plan, no coherent strategy... they simply went about kicking in doors and yelling "Do as you're told!"....

They didn't even apologize or fess up to the political gamesmanship that contributed to the suffering they ADDED to those already in distress....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Obviously no one remembers New Orleans when the hurricanes hit and the levy broke.

People were told to evacuate; hundreds stayed; mass chaos ensued.

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Katrina was a mess, but surely this was due to lack of action from the decision makers as opposed to the rescue and search teams. Their response to the situation was a disgrace. I was visiting the U.S at the time and really could not believe the farce that was being acted out by the Bush administration. To see all those people suffering and deserted by their government made me feel ashamed and I'm from the U.K.

Actually, the Bush administration broke national law by entering Louisiana to deliver aid. It turns out that they had to wait for the governor to allow them into the state, but as we all know, the governor was missing and no one had heard from him. They eventually decided that they couldn't wait any longer and broke the law.

If Obama did the same today, you'd have mass protests and calls for impeachment. "Let us take care of our own problems." people would say.
edit on 11-3-2011 by PieKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
I am a FEMA 1st Responder...and we are always ready. Would America have it any other way? Just quit thinking we know great secrets ahead of everyone.

We do know some issues to prepare for, but they are not some secret agenda, and yes, some-things are better not discussed even here: for that very reason. Mass hysteria over nothing.

I cannot discuss Security issues either, but thats just good sense. Especially on-line. Buy me a cup of coffee and I'd discuss these things and preparations all day with about anybody.

We prepare, we train, we exercise again, again, again, again over various scenarios...and its not because we know something...Its because we are ready for EVERYTHING...and ANYTHING. How else whould you have us prepare to help you? We have families too you know!!

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: 'cause

I am from New Orleans and lived there when Katrina passed through. If you're told to evacuate, you should evacuate - I agree with this because it's in your best interest. I even evacuated.

My problem with your post is your first statement, "I am a FEMA 1st Responder...and we are always ready."

WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU GUYS FOR OVER 8 DAYS AFTER KATRINA WHEN MY FAMILY WAS LIVING ON THEIR ROOF?

You're not always ready, screw FEMA

In fact, when the cavalry did come - they just came to kick the door down and take our guns

Keep your FEMA and I'll keep my guns. screw FEMA

edit on 11-3-2011 by SirClem because: grammar

edit on 11-3-2011 by SirClem because: emphasis
@$$HOLES
edit on 11-3-2011 by SirClem because: to add

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Having been raised in Southern California, I can say that any time there has been a tsunami warning a large group of people suit up, grab their boards and run out to catch bigger waves!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Damn glad that left the states.. No way in hell would I put up with anyone giving me orders.. Id laugh and tell them to get stuffed.
Stopped taking orders after my 4th tour in vietnam .. Its my life I live it on my terms.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I will "do as I am told", if and only if
I feel that is right thing to do for myself and family.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

I agree. I don't blindly follow anyone's "orders". That's why God gave some of us brains.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Without being combative, there is no way any person or organization can truthfully claim to be ready anything and everything that might happen. Case in point Katrina, which FEMA was certainly no where near ready for.

Personal experience, when central Florida was hit by three massive hurricanes within about 6 weeks in 2004, Charley, Frances and Jeanne, each time FEMA was the last on the scene behind the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities and of course the National Guard.

The first on the scene each time was our community. Just guys with chainsaws and generators and trucks clearing the roads so assistance could get in, and so we could find our neighbors and see if they were injured.

This is why I say Obama can pound sand and that I'll make up my own mind where it concerns my family.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sounds like a lot of trolls on this thread telling everyone to listen to fema. Screw fema ill stay if I want and I damn sure aint going to no camp with fences and barb wire.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Why is FEMA headed over to Japan to order them around?

Would we like it if Spains emergency management people came here and started ordering us around?

I sure as hell wouldnt.

Besides, we cant exactly afford this.

Every time somebody in the world gimps we have to buy them a crutch. Who's going to buy us a crutch?

Could it be FEMA operations in California?? They got hit today too...
If an emergency is declared and fema takes over there's a whole lot of"continuity of govt paranoia" stuff that kicks in.and Mr. first responder. as innocent as youmake it seem; IMHO the organization is more interested in its funding and protecting the current govt in power. I just don't get that warm fuzzy secure feeling from an organization who overrides most levels of elected govt; and can confiscate anything and everything they want by executive order .
edit on 11-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Might as well use this thread
(First ladies "campaign to stamp out digital waste"and all):

FEMA - The Dark Under-belly

by Bob Worn
Reposted from The Konformist Newswire

Some people have referred to it as the "secret government" of the United States. It is not an elected body, it does not involve itself in public disclosures, and it even has a quasi-secret budget in the hundreds of billions of dollars. This government organization has more power than the President of the United States or the Congress, more power than "the people", it has the power to suspend laws, move entire populations, arrest and detain citizens without a warrant and hold them without trial, it can seize property, food supplies, transportation systems, and can suspend the Constitution.

Not only is it the most powerful entity in the United States, but it was not even created under Constitutional law by the Congress. It was a product of a Presidential Executive Order. It is not the U.S. military nor the Central Intelligence Agency. These organizations are subject to the control of Congress. The organization is called FEMA, which stands for the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Originally conceived in the Richard Nixon Administration, it was refined by Jimmy Carter and given teeth in the Ronald Reagan and George Bush Administrations.

FEMA had one original concept when it was created, to ensure the survivability of the United States government in the event of a nuclear attack on this nation. It was also provided with the task of being a federal coordinating body during times of domestic disasters, such as earthquakes, floods and hurricanes. Its awesome powers grew under the tutelage of people like Lt. Col. Oliver North and General Richard Secord, the architects on the Iran-Contra scandal and the looting of America's savings and loan institutions. FEMA has even been given control of the State Defense Forces, a rag-tag, often considered neo-Nazi, civilian army that will substitute for the National Guard, if the Guard is called to duty overseas.

THE MOST POWERFUL ORGANIZATION IN THE UNITED STATES

Plenty more to think about at the link

netowne.com...
Yeah ... my government scares me...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
I am a FEMA 1st Responder...and we are always ready. Would America have it any other way? Just quit thinking we know great secrets ahead of everyone.

We do know some issues to prepare for, but they are not some secret agenda, and yes, some-things are better not discussed even here: for that very reason. Mass hysteria over nothing.

I cannot discuss Security issues either, but thats just good sense. Especially on-line. Buy me a cup of coffee and I'd discuss these things and preparations all day with about anybody.

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: 'cause

Thanks but we woke up to the HUGE difference between benevolent "EMERGENCY AID" and federal "EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT" in the mid 90's...

"They "made a mistake on me in the 80's when I was assigned the additional duty of being the squadron "shelter manager" : I actually got the nice white binder down and started finding storage containers for 1gallon potable water /day and rations per expected shelteree.and checking into civil engineering piling earth against the outside of the squadron building..to increase mass for radiation protection...the Good Colonel (Sq Commander) and I had a "sit down" discussion...

We were on a Sac base and the equipment calibration lab was not slotted to relocate as part of the bare base skeleton teams to the alternate reconstitution air field.When (if) the bombers return; they expected the base would be a smoking hole.So they fly to an alternate location to refit and re launch. My additional duty job was to keep the right check marks in the binder.

Undfortunately I had been into the "survivalist thing since the mid 70's..and took it seriously. Thanks I've been looking after myself and mine ever since.( Just in case I'm not in your plan...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig A good portion of the people both on this forum and in general have never seen what actually happens in these kinds of disasters, however having worked for over 3 years now for a disaster services company I can safely say if FEMA tells you get out of dodge its not worth staying; evacuations cost so much they don't do them for the hell of it.

I’ve seen plenty of disasters and war…I’m staying where I am. I am prepared and have been working on this document to file with the county clerk.
If there are any lawyers out there who can give me any advice of what to add feel free.

I _____________________ do hereby serve notice to the local state and federal authorities that I do not recognize your authority to direct compel or require me as a sovereign citizen to vacate my home or land; of which I am sole owner in title and deed in the event of any state of emergency or disaster for my own protection of for the supposed protection of others.

With regard to the protection of others; I do hereby serve notice that in the event of a natural disaster, war, terrorism or other “acts of god” that I do not require nor desire any attempt to rescue me or my assets by the government of the United States, State of Missouri or any of its agents or any other government or persons; this is without regard to the perceived lethality of the threat or duration of the “emergency”.

I take sole responsibility for my own life and property and without regard to any insurance coverage that may be in effect reserve the right to protect them both within the extent of the law.

I reserve the right to defend myself and my life sustaining items with force if necessary as a last resort under the Constitution of the United States and Missouri State law.

I will not infringe upon the rights or property of others and only wish to be left alone.

I recognize the risk of possible death and have communicated my intent along with a copy of this affidavit to my next of kin so that they know this decision is mine alone for purpose of absolving the government of any liability.

Seal and witnesses and such….

I wrote it myself and am certainly no lawyer but I think it makes the point that I expect nothing from the government nor do I hold them liable for my decision or my death should it occur.

Think it will do the trick - feel free to let me know what I should add or take away.

I have made my intent clear to the Sherrif with whom I hunt and he has no problem with leaveing me to be. In 1992 this county had some flooding many people stayed here to care for lovestock as best they could - which will be my purpose.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Contrary to popular belief FEMA cant do jack. The Govenor of the State must declare a major disaster area, as well as REQUEST FEMA / Federal Assistance.

FEMA cant just move in and start giving orders. Hell even their own charter states that.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Contrary to popular belief FEMA cant do jack. The Govenor of the State must declare a major disaster area, as well as REQUEST FEMA / Federal Assistance.

FEMA cant just move in and start giving orders. Hell even their own charter states that.

executive order-declaring state of emergency. Then they can do all

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

They cant. The Govenor of the State has to make the declaration, and must request federal assitance. The President then has to declare a major federal disaster for the area, which allows other assistance to be sent (aside from FEMA, medical, money, resources etc etc etc).

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It was BECAUSE of Katrina that we (FEMA 1st Responders) stepped up our game. Katrina was a failure with a lot of public flack and rightly so. So training and supplies and exercises have been stepped up triple time. I even just had ANIMAL disaster training, etc, etc.

Be critical of FEMA/DHS, but not us. And for the record...if Japan required overseas help, FEMA may go, the National Guard moves up, and local CERT Teams (Community Emergency Response Teams) take over the National Guard jobs per each state.

Cut us some slack. We are ready to leave our families and do whatever's necessary here or there so the right teams can get help world-wide as so needed. Its a lot different now because of Katrina's mistakes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join