It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day of Rage Saudi, 8.9 E Japan Tsunamis warning California Hmmmm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
First & foremost, heart goes out to all those in Japan!

As a conspiracy site - I know there are those here that wonder if any of TPTB are capable of playing with making earthquakes.

Timing and follow the money:

- The world is watching the Middle East turmoil,

- the dollar is sinking like stone,

- the Hawaii and US West Coast Tsunami warnings are a nice touch

- Japan is the worlds 3rd largest consumer of Saudi oil and has a lot to lose in the Day of Rage

- Japan is the most prepared country in the world for earthquakes.

- TPTB in Japan would probably ask for a assistance with the immediate stabilization of the Nikkei - and the financial sites are helping.

www.ndtv.com...

marketcut.com...’s-impact-on-the-nikkei-and-yen/

www.businessinsider.com...

www.ritholtz.com...’s-impact-on-the-nikkei-and-yen/

You would need something big, Godlike, surprising, to take the thunder away from the Day of Rage. And you wouldn't want it in the region because there is already too much adrenalin flowing there and that is unstable.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As a government, you probably wouldn't want a contagious protest anywhere on a Friday, because people are more active on weekdays and if it gets going it will continue on into the weekend and the rest of the world will watch as weekend spectators.

But if a protest peters out on a Friday, nothing will start on a Saturday. News is much less watched on a Saturday if a big story hasn't been started on the Friday. And even if it has, there is a smaller world audience on the weekend.

The most important thing I would guess for TPTB if they really exist would be to keep some control of the masses. And if you see uprisings in Saudi Arabia the biggest problem is that it suddenly becomes a global problem which up until now has stayed relatively local. But Saudi unrest will touch every body's gas tank. And when it gets personal, the masses stir.

edit on 3/11/2011 by trusername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

And if you're going to get the press off of the Day of Rage (which was heating up with headlines about violence in Saudi Arabia last night) the earthquake would have to be a big one. Perhaps the biggest, if it's going to stun and pause the world.

But if TPTB exist they would be kind? And it would happen after Japan stock exchange had closed. It wouldn't happen on land and hopefully it would be far away from the largest populated areas with minimal damage in Tokyo.

But it would touch Tokyo. Everyone would have been touched. Trains are stopped.

Even in California we are being evacuated up to 3 city blocks from the coast line. We are not harmed, but we are touched. This is enough to get everyone to stop thinking about Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
onespot.wsj.com... Wall Street Journal too - definitely the party line is - traders don't react to this re the Yen.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

And that is crazy to me because at the same time people are saying this is going to be the most expensive earthquake. And it is the largest in Japan's recorded history.

Wouldn't it be more likely that this is a very dramatic circumstance? That it would make people wonder about the natural stability of the region.

I'm glad that they're not saying that, my point is that the press is deliberately unitedly sending a message that things will be calmed over the weekend and don't freak out over the Nikkei - all is fine, it is closed and a Friday. It's a very different message from the fear mongering we hear when the press is told to freak out.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So dont watch the hand that is waving.
watch the hand behind the back.

wait for the second shoe!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The Japanese yen was sold in the immediate aftermath of the quake. Counter-intuitively it then recovered and is the strongest currency in the world today (see table). Market participants appear to be seriously underestimating the risk posed by the megaquake to the Japanese economy and assets.

www.greenfaucet.com...

this is interesting!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Cross Currency Table

Alternatively, there may have been intervention by the Japanese authorities in order to maintain confidence and protect the value of their currency and bonds. The Bank of Japan, like the Federal Reserve, regularly intervenes in foreign exchange markets and has even intervened in equity markets by buying ETFs linked to the Nikkei and the Topix.

The secretive Working Group on Financial Markets or ‘Plunge Protection Team’ in the US is known to intervene in markets in emergencies in order to prevent market panic. Maintaining confidence in the yen and by extension the dollar and the fiat monetary system, may be part of that mandate.

Long term government intervention and manipulation of markets is a recipe for disaster as it leads to distortions, imbalances and massive moral hazard. However, the megaquake in Japan could justify short term intervention and this may explain the yen’s counter-intuitive surge in international markets.

www.greenfaucet.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
So dont watch the hand that is waving.
watch the hand behind the back.

wait for the second shoe!

Yep - and is the hand behind the back already holding a contract?

Check out Japan's "Plunge Protection" praise google

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Then if you look at the Al Jezeera

english.aljazeera.net... Headlines are naturally Japan

and this is smaller:

Arab world witnesses more protests
Protests seen across many Middle East nations but "Day of Rage" fails to take off in Saudi after major security effort.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi - I'm just checking if this shows up on recent posts - I think it's not?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
does seem like a very busy day around the world

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh so sorry I just noticed that there are 2 recent posts sections. and this shows up on off topic. hmmm ok why are there 2? Does anyone ever check through all the pages of the first one and go to the recents of the second one?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hmmm I think I have the wrong conspiracy here. Maybe TPTB are making this about nuclear.

Suddenly all the markets are looking at the latest quake in Nagano and how it is near 50 nuclear plants.

What if what is happening is a tug of war. TPTB that have money in oil vs TPTB that have money in nuclear.

swell - let's hope that's not what's happening.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Anything that might have relevance to the date 03-11-2011, I can make out all 3 master numbers from the date. Could it have been planed? I don't know and really don't care My thoughts go out to all that need it. That being said "Let's Follow the Money!"

Oh yeah Star & Flag, your on my same thoughts.
edit on 11/3/11 by RenoKnows because: 2 S&F

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenoKnows
Anything that might have relevance to the date 03-11-2011, I can make out all 3 master numbers from the date. Could it have been planed? I don't know and really don't care My thoughts go out to all that need it. That being said "Let's Follow the Money!"

Oh yeah Star & Flag, your on my same thoughts.
edit on 11/3/11 by RenoKnows because: 2 S&F

I can't help feeling that TPTB if they exist and if they can do this - have realized that this has gone terribly wrong. This many aftershocks cannot have been in the plan. That looks to me like something has gone wrong. It's not natural, right?

And the nuclear disaster, that is a story in of itself. You have half the press enflaming it and half ignoring / downplaying it. Talk about follow the money - guess who's paid by oil and who's paid by nuclear / government defense contracts - it's possible we're seeing the line drawn right here in this story.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Al Jezeera has a lot of news about the nuclear disaster. And CNN has much less. ugh in the middle of this - how repulsive to have politics.

These poor people - it is biblical what they are going through in Japan. And to be living with hundreds of aftershocks over 5.0 - it's like being on a boat in rough seas!

How awful and scary!

new topics

top topics

join