It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST SEE..The UK Census - our info will be collected by arms dealer WTF!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
ITS UK CENSUS TIME AGAIN...OR IS IT..
i was sitting down ready to fill in my census today...then i saw a news report of people wanting to boycott it..i thought it was funny, the same old crowd arguing just for arguments sake...boring..BUT OH MY GOD..

the census this year is very very dodgy...
now hold on a minute...i always knew filling out the census (population count) was slightly contraversial..but look at this video below i couldnt beleive it.

firstly the census is more than a population count now..i have seen it steadily turn into a massive book to fill in. the form asks all questions that could be deemed unnecessary..like..who pays the bills?...what are your occupations..what are your qualifiactions?..how much you earn?..etc etc..over many pages.

now im a bit of a twat...i could claim i cant read..or just put a line through it all...but i heard that it was a illegal to not fill it out...ok i thought ...i`ll be a brief as possible...and fill my obligation to society..BUT THEN....LOOK AT THIS NEWS REPORT...ALL ENGLISH PEOPLE FILLING IT OUT...YOU MUST KNOW WHO IS COLLECTING THIS DATA ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT...IF YOU DONT KNOW...LET ME INTRODUCE LOCKHEAD MARTINS...

AN ARMS MANUFACTURER COLLECTING THIS DATA...OH HAEELLLLL NO!...WHY ARE THEY INVOLVED
putting all this info into a computer then playing war games....what??....im not happy
edit on 11-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Pretty sure there is already a thread about this

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Scops

Quite a few knocking about. Thanks for letting us know though Pharoah!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You can do what I did here in the US.

I filled out the answers to the questions the Consititution requires/authorizes the government to ask.

How many people at the residince. I even filled out the ages out of the kindness of my heart since It might make a difference for tax purposes as I have a kid.

Then I ignored all the other nonsense about do I have indoor plumbing and do I love the great Obama.

When It asked for ethnicity I filled in other - American.

I never got visited but I did get a letter and a "long form" packet asking for more information but since I already answered I ignored it.

I'm sure a jury of my peers would forgive me my transgressions against the all mighty fed - I'll take my chances.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
it would be handy if we had a copy of the questions that will be asked,

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
it would be handy if we had a copy of the questions that will be asked,

I tell you what will be even handier than that mate..a copy of the contrived arguments they are training their agents to use against those of us who will either not fill in the form, or only enter details traditionally entered, and decide the market research scam / locating dissidents is not going to wash with us Brits.

We're a quiet bunch normally, but none of us will stand for being pee'd on by any government, then we get...not so quiet.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The census is only to see how many reps an area gets...so really the only question ever needed is..how many people live in this house...
Thats it...thats all thats needed..anything beyond that is unnecessary and pointless at best.

I personally don't mind answering other questions that may help progress situations...employed/unemployed sounds like a logical question for potential aid and stimulus focus...not what the census is designed for, but I can see the value in that, however, that is more of a state responsibility verses a national one.

I wouldn't say there is some grand evil conspiracy behind more and more questions...but simply put, its not the design or function of census no matter what the reasoning behind it. If they want more info, they should attempt to pass some sort of logistics bill that comes out now and then and is not mandatory.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's touched on in these videos, which I think are important for people to see...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The Canadian government has been using them for a few years to do the census. Some people refused. Some ended up being charged for not doing their census.

Why can't this work be done by a Canadian company???

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
you can find the questions at www.ons.gov.uk... and just download one of the pdfs. one question is really messed up:
"17 This question is intentionally left blank go to 18"
i have no problems with a cenus if it is for a government to get official numbers for citizens within a country, though why they need to know more than some employers is beyond me, plus also the fact that theres the lockheed martin connection. i for one will not be filling this in and hope they can trace me down to try and fine or arrest me.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh man I CAN'T wait to get this now!!!

I'm going to have so much fun. I gonna fill it with the best BS I can find. Then if the MF's have a problem with it I'll hit them with this little doozy!

TIme to use the Data Protection Act to its full extent.

I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

I was happily gonna fill it out no problem but after seeing this I think I will fill it will BS too and I don't care if they know its BS what can they do...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

Thats right!
Sandra Finley fought it in court, in Canada. She refused on the same grounds as the UK video explains.

top topics

join