It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planing to scavenge Weapons and Ammo after the SHTF? Might want to read this first...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Depends on the circumstances of the discovery. If just sitting there, then yeah...I'd be pretty suspect. If still stuck in the dead hands of a uniformed corpse...I wouldn't be as suspect...

Sporting or gun stores would be my primary looting targets for supplies (one stop shopping)...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Well, I don't think they'll be booby-trapping .22 LR at the Walmarts I'd scavenge. :

And that's all I'll be looking for, to use on small game, if I run out of the 10k rounds I've got. Evade and escape conflict and survive; real important with a family in tow: you don't take your family into a firefight and you make damned sure you don't lead them into one by accident.

For the larger stuff, to use against my fellow man, I think I have enough.

I know how to reload and if TSHTF my family and I will be partnered-up with a several shooting buddies and their families, all ex-military except the Marines - there is no such thing as an ex-Marine. They reload for me at cost and a percentage of the brass. And brother there is safety if you are in with the right kind of numbers.

If a SHTF scenario lasted long enough, we'd all be reduced to homemade black-powder and bows anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Depends on the circumstances of the discovery. If just sitting there, then yeah...I'd be pretty suspect. If still stuck in the dead hands of a uniformed corpse...I wouldn't be as suspect...

Sporting or gun stores would be my primary looting targets for supplies (one stop shopping)...

That is exactly what I figure. That's why my food on table gun is a .22; a helluva a lot less sexy that the big calibers, so I figure .22 is going to be overlooked in favor of stuff like .223 or .44 mag. My philosophy is avoid conflict at all cost but the life of your family.

I've got a decent-sized group of friends of mine. We've talked many times about a SHTF scenario, this sounds paranoid as hell but we've places to meet up already figured out, so if conflict comes uninvited - we can unite and then we will see. We all have various skillsets and a heck of a range of weapons. I'm thinking it would work out good.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
yet another of my threads that need a bump

second line... Okay who took the last beer out of the fridge???

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

First off SEMPER FI.

Secondly I would only take the guns from the bodies I left on the ground that had shot back at me, along with there supplies in there packs or on there person. I would also take there weapons so if they did booby trap the ammo I have spare weapons to use for testing there guns and there ammo.
I would hope it never happens but the way this world is heading, I wouldn't be suprised if it happens soon...time will tell.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

DaddyBare you can count me amongst the stupid few. I'm not planning on scavenging weapons & ammo after TSHTF but I'll admit someone using boobytraps did not occur to me. I don't consider myself in the minority of people who did not carry a weapon for Uncle Sam, it is my guess that most Americans do not join the armed forces.

But I'm glad you posted this, and I'm glad I read it. And I thank you. Every day that I learn something is better than a day I don't, IMHO. Keep the good stuff coming, DaddyBare!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
in a shtf scenario my first thoughts are:

go scavenge a police station
go to the nearest military base and get the good stuff.

then reality sits in those are the two biggest targets of anyone with half a brain and there will not be anything left there.

and now this good chance anything that will be usable and must have items are going to be gone and boobytraped.

my only thoughts here and my credo is buy as much as you can with what you have and that means food and ammo and weapons.

it will be a very dangeous time for everyone but for those who have planned and prepared will have a tad bit easier of a time.

another thing that people need to know is the lay of the land and know the most like areas of supply when it comes to that .
edit on 14-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Id heard of this a long long time ago. My dad was in Viet Nam and they regularly lost guys for messing with weapons caches in villages. The cong was using small villages as places to store. Anyway, they learned pretty fast and started blowing all the weapons in place when they were found, sometimes the whole village blew up as the fire spread to hidden caches.

Taught me not to believe in a golden egg when I see one.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
who cares about booby trap ammo. When the shtf, I will just booby trap the whole land areas, and see what meat i catch to eat. I,am, canibal hanibal, i'll eat you up. I know how to make 100's of snares and traps out of whatever i find in the woods. So, if you come into my woods, you may not make it out. The woods, for some people, offer a place to survive and home, but for others it's a nightmare. It is always a good thing to know your outdoors. You never know what you might RUN into. Well, got to go check my traps. Have fun in the woods and be careful, you HEAR.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join