It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Amazing Universe & The Potential for Intelligent Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
One more good reason why Intelligent life Must exist elsewhere!

Of course we all know about the vast amount of stars capable of sustaining life out there in the universe. That unimaginable space for potential life..

But here is another way to bring the possibilities of other life in the universe more close to home.. Comets.

Comets as we understand them are generally made up of the following;
"water-ice, minerals, dirt, and rocks – basically most of the elements found here on Earth." - Source.

Water is the most vital aid to our life here on earth!
So now we have established that most of the elements found here on earth are on these comets lets find out roughly how many of these comets there are in our solar system alone.

The Kuiper Belt is the frozen remains of a disk of primordial material that condensed into our present solar system five billion years ago. As many as 10 billion icy bodies 10 miles or more across orbit the Sun in this region stretching from just beyond Neptune’s orbit to about 9 billion miles out.
- Source.

As many as 10 Billion Icy Bodies!?
In our solar system alone?

Just think of how many of these water filled bodies are around the universe? Hitting planets with the ability to produce life and increasing the likeliness of life on those planets. Planets which have been around for a lot longer than ours has. Meaning it is very likely in my opinion that there is life a lot more advanced than us somewhere out there in the universe. The big question on a lot of peoples minds is "Are they interested in us?"

Only time will tell..

The possibilities are endless..

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think the whole "we're alone in the universe" is a little ridiculous. There is life out there, whether it be intelligent like us, animals of some sort, bugs of some sort, grass plants or tree's. The Universe is big, and billions of those things just in our solar system...Well you could imagine the number if you expand to thousands of other solar systems

There is 1.e+1015 icey bodies out there in the universe, and thats nothing compared to how much there really is. Imagine all the planets. Not 10 planets, not 100 and not 1,000. More like billions of planets, trillions! I highly doubt we're one in a trillion lol. If the Universe is expanding constantly, faster than the speed of light than there is probably more than 1.e+1015 planets out there!

I used a calculator to get a random number, all I did was 10,000,000,000 multiplied by 1,000 and then I kept on hitting enter, and the number got bigger and bigger. Went from 10,000,000,000,000 to 10,000,000,000,000,000 to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to eventually 1.e+34 and then all the way to 1.e+1015. So as you can see, its A LOT!

Its a really, REALLY big number and the universe is a really, REALLY big place. The numbers are crazy, but there is always that possibility

Now tell me, are we the only life out of all those planets? Whether it be intellectual life like us, animals, fish, bugs plants, tree's or any other type of living organism?
edit on 11-3-2011 by krimletch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
ofcourse life exists somewhere in the universe. Because of the vast distances could be the reason why they or we can't really contact each other...unless they already have

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theibbsta

It's pretty funny how i get called the ignorant one when i bring up aliens, people have no clue.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avpreality

It's pretty funny how i get called the ignorant one when i bring up aliens, people have no clue.

Yeah I see that happen a lot =/

We know so little about the universe (publicly, who knows what they know secretly o.o). Its like comparing with a grain of sand. 1 grain of sand on 1 beach is how much we know about the Universe. All the other grains of sand on all the beaches on this planet is what we don't know. Thats a lot of sand lol

Its a lot of sand, but its just an example

"There is life out there!"

"Proof or its not true."

Hate when that happens :|

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avpreality

Yeah I see that happen a lot =/

We know so little about the universe (publicly, who knows what they know secretly o.o). Its like comparing with a grain of sand. 1 grain of sand on 1 beach is how much we know about the Universe. All the other grains of sand on all the beaches on this planet is what we don't know. Thats a lot of sand lol

Its a lot of sand, but its just an example

"There is life out there!"

"Proof or its not true."

Hate when that happens :|

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by krimletch

The possibilities really are endless. I cannot see how people can be more interested in their next computer game or T.V series than the massive organism we are part of.

A lot of people seem to forget the fact that we aren't just a solitary planet living in solitude but that we are part of a very intricate and delicately balanced system where there are more likely wonders even more wonderful than our planet.

Amazing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
200 billion stars in this galaxy...theres got to be intelligent life out there somewhere.
I wont lsiten to anyone who says otherwisee.
There is life out there and i know it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
yeah and thats just in this galaxy. Imagine all the other ones o.o its lots of stars

Yeah there is endless possibilities. I'm really fascinated with space and all the things in the Universe. I remember I would watch the space channel when a documentary about the Universe would come up lol. There is so much I've learned, and things I would never expected to happen, it truly is amazing and I truly know that there is life out there. Someday they will finally say "hey they're real" and tell us all about it, who they are, blah blah blah, and all the people saying they aren't real...Well it will be a big stamp on their foreheads saying WRONG lol

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Im still trying to understand why people are saying there's life out there like its some kind of important discovery. Of course theres life outside of our Solar system, who denies it? The people who deny that are the same as the people who think unidentified = reptalian aliens. Both are equally disgusting

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded

Im still trying to understand why people are saying there's life out there like its some kind of important discovery. Of course theres life outside of our Solar system, who denies it? The people who deny that are the same as the people who think unidentified = reptalian aliens. Both are equally disgusting

Because a lot of people want evidence and evidence. Some wont believe anything unless full proof evidence is available, or its not true

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I dont think any sane and educated person would believe that life outside of earth dont exist. The question is are they here? It gets worse when people run around claiming aliens are here because they see something they cannot explain. On top of that they promote frauds by eating up what people like Hoagland have to say. Its really annoying
edit on 11-3-2011 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join