It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wishes the US was more like China!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Source 1
Source 2

“Mr. Obama has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China. As one official put it, ‘No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.’”

I am a bit speechless. How ever you think of Obama, whether you voted for him or not. To aspire to the level of control and human rights violations that exist in China is inexcusable.

The point of the article is on expectations of the US vs China in handling the situation in the Middle East. I would hope that our President would want China to be more like the US in wanting people to have freedom but as clearly is the case with Obama he wants the US to be more like China in not promoting freedom. He just wishes that people would stop calling him on it. Of course, the reason the Chinese don't call Hu Jintao is because the media is fully state controlled and dissent is suppressed.

I cannot wait to vote for Jintao in 2012...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Lol...I see your painfully obvious angle in this post....but...

China as a country is performing better and is financially in better shape than the US at the moment....so Obama would like the US to be functioning as well as China.

Nicely done though

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Of course, the reason the Chinese don't call Hu Jintao is because the media is fully state controlled and dissent is suppressed.

Suppressed?

Dissent in China will earn you a one way trip to an organ transplant facility.

Heck, you don't even need to dissent for that out there, they pull up, drag you into the back of a van, and you're dissected before you even get to the facility!

If Obama is so enamoured by the Chinese example of humanity, perhaps he should bleeding well move out there and see how much he likes them then.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This does not surprize me. Obama does not like America, he has stated so many times in the past. I have to believe that he might be first POTUS who will try to "fundametally change America".
I put that in quotations because that was a quote from him.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have to be blunt here...

This is your thread title...
Obama wishes the US was more like China!,

And this is your OP.

Originally posted by ararisq
Source 1
Source 2

“Mr. Obama has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China. ”

Your thread title is outright false.

Wishing the US was like China and saying it would be easier to be president of China are two completely different things.

It would be "Easier" ...doesn't mean he wants it that way...and as best I can tell it was a humurous quip.

You get it ...right? Sometimes I can't tell with folks if they are just genuinely deluded or if they are just trying to take the lead in the "Stupid things to slam the POTUS about" parade.

FALSE THREAD TITLE.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This does not surprize me. Obama does not like America, he has stated so many times in the past. I have to believe that he might be first POTUS who will try to "fundametally change America".

And obama would then end up as leader of a communist country as seems to be his dream.

No need to worry about those pesky term limits either. Obama could shine his enlightened knowledge down on all of us poor and ignorant fools for the rest of his life.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Wishing the US was like China and saying it would be easier to be president of China are two completely different things.

It would be "Easier" ...doesn't mean he wants it that way...and as best I can tell it was a humurous quip.

You get it ...right? Sometimes I can't tell with folks if they are just genuinely deluded or if they are just trying to take the lead in the "Stupid things to slam the POTUS about" parade.

FALSE THREAD TITLE.

But even you must admit that in obama's position, could he have come up with a dumber thing to say? Especially with all his bowing to the chinese leader and the fact they own so much of the U.S. debt.
edit on 3/11/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

And his Missus said in a recent video, that she felt proud of America...*for the first time in her life*!

Pardon?

You're the president of the United States wife, the so called '1st lady'..and you'd only ever felt pride in your country...once...recently?!

That is one '1st lady' that needs some serious diplomatic coaching.

And for the record, saying it would be *so much easier* is the same as saying that he is envious of the Chinese president. Bush said something eerily similar, something like 'It would be much easier if the US was a dictatorship...as long as i'm the dictator'...

Of course it's easier to simply crush and oppress the people by force, much easier that actually having to make concessions for them, uphold the rule of common law, willingly vacate office once they have had enough of you and listen to what they wish to say.

This is why tyranny has been so popular down through the ages.

Basically, tyranny is *the* lazy option, often perpetrated by those who know they have no right to be in the positions they're in, but are too lazy, stupid or corrupt to actually *earn* the right to be there, from the will of the people in the first place.

Obama could have simply said 'It may be easier in communist china to govern the people with a iron fist, but here in America we prefer liberty, justice and to uphold the natural rights and freedoms of every American...which may require a little more effort and vigilance to preserve and maintain, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Or something like that.

You're on damage limitation duty, i see that, but being intellectually dishonest does not win the point..Obama was essentially being wistful, which in turn heavily implies he feels encumbered by the Freedom of the American people, and he'd observed that it would be *so much easier* how the Chinese do things.

Not a great bit of diplomacy however you slice it.

edit on 11/3/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well, I just watched his press conference and I am not assured. I'm sure he's heartbroken by the tragedy in Japan, fine, but I want him to address AMERICA's problems. I want some kind of definitive action now! Am I asking too much for the leader of my country to show me some leadership? He's so vague. Why can we not start getting our own oil here? I want answers. Show me that you care about AMERICA, please. I'm very frustrated, I really am.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

FALSE THREAD TITLE.

Thanks for answering my question..

edit on 11-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

FALSE THREAD TITLE.

Thanks for answering my question..

edit on 11-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

Your turn.

Now how about answering my question? The one about could obama have thought of anything dumber to say?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck.... The point is Obama is running around bringing up how much he aspires to the Chinese philosophy (not the people, the government). He even showered China in praise in the state of the union and now we have corroboration that he is enamored with their government in private. It doesn't take a leap to connect the dots. He isn't exactly bringing us a new wave of freedom and liberty (or Democracy). He has and continues to push for more restrictions and recently signed an order to allow him to ignore the proclamation of innocence from a court and detain individual indefinitely. Add the internet kill switch and it makes me wonder if Jintao is running the US or if Obama is.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

spikey
Obama could have simply said 'It may be easier in communist china to govern the people with a iron fist, but here in America we prefer liberty, justice and to uphold the natural rights and freedoms of every American...which may require a little more effort and vigilance to preserve and maintain, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Or something like that.

You're on damage limitation duty, i see that, but being intellectually dishonest does not win the point..Obama was essentially being wistful, which in turn heavily implies he feels encumbered by the Freedom of the American people, and he'd observed that it would be *so much easier* how the Chinese do things.

Not a great bit of diplomacy however you slice it.

Well said, spikey....maybe we should require that before becoming POTUS one should also be trained in diplomacy, ettiquite, and be born in America or an American territory.

Obama most definitely has delusions of grandeur. He strikes me as a commoner so worried about "fitting in" with his more elite playmates...he will do and be anything they want him to be. He may be someone that has no or limited common sense. The world is full of 'em.

If this man wants control and less questioning...he should start with learning to control himself first. He seems to have lost the scope of his position. As POTUS, HE works for us...the American People. He DOES NOT work or should not work for any other COUNTRY, COMPANY, BANK, etc. If he is unclear on this fact, has questions, then maybe he should realize that he is unfit for the job and step down.

More like China.....yeah...maybe he needs to rethink his position.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Now how about answering my question? The one about could obama have thought of anything dumber to say?

Sure.

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."
George W. Bush Jr.--Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

And here are 50 other "dumber" things President Obama Could have said, but didn't.

The 50 Dumbest Bush Quotes of All Time
politicalhumor.about.com...

Any other questions?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck.... The point is Obama is running around bringing up how much he aspires to the Chinese philosophy (not the people, the government). He even showered China in praise in the state of the union and now we have corroboration that he is enamored with their government in private.

More like if it walks like a duck...declare with unwavering certaintity that it is fanged, three legged vulture that has come to eat your children.

This is one of those threads that flirts between delusional and stupid...leaning toward just dumb.

Taking a single quip that other Potus have made and declaring Obama a follower of Mao.

Fringe right would be step up for this kind of disconnect with reality.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wish in one hand and # in the other obama - see which one fills up first...
China doesnt want or need your sorry arse.. Hopefully you yanks will put obama and his ilk where they belong... In Gitmo...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Yep, the world hates us Americans. Big sigh...on our own now. Not like it's the first time.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This does not surprize me. Obama does not like America, he has stated so many times in the past.

Can you provide any of those times that Obama has stated he did not like America?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

He isn't the only one, but he's the only one to slip up and say it. All those bastiges in the elite want to turn us into serfs and make our country like China. I been saying it for months, but no one listens!

edit on 11-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: wth

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Hey, I'm listening, I'm hearing ya. I'm at anything goes point right now. Everythings gonna change. Stay true to yourself and that's about all we can do. I feel as if we're on our own now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join