It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tamil Tiger soldier ordered deported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

OTTAWA - A passenger on the MV Sun Sea ship has admitted to being a member of the Tamil Tigers and ordered out of Canada, but don't expect the unnamed man to be booted out anytime soon.

The man, whose identity is protected by a publication ban, initially denied being associated with the Tiger terrorist group but later admitted to officials with the Canadian Border Services Agency that he had been a member. The Tamil Tigers waged a vicious civil war against the Sri Lanka government over four decades.

I was hoping to never hear of this travesty again for the sake of my sanity but here it is again. Our wonderful Canadian immigration system has deemed only 33 of the 492 are inadmissible to Canada.

So 459 unskilled and uneducated refugees are acceptible?

What does Canada and its tax payers gain for this other than further burdening a already overburdened system?

And then we have this.....

Critics of the system say it could take years for the man to actually be deported.

"It's just ridiculous," said James Bissett with The Centre for Immigration Policy Reform.

"The classic case is convicted terrorist Mahmoud Mohammad Issa Mohammad, he was ordered deported in 1986," said Bissett. "He's still here and his case is still before the court. It's cost the taxpayer $3 million and he's not paying."

If you use the case of Mahmoud Mohammad Issa Mohammad as a guideline for the deportation of the 33 inadmissibles, that means it will cost us $99,000,000 to deal with them.

Sickening!!!

Source

edit on 11-3-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

You gotta love politics eh?
its so messed up as per why would they inherit the troublemaker of all the people. They should really only allow the hard working ones and not the troublemakers.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'm of Indian descent, and part of me feels like Tamil Nadu in India should become its own country and all the Tamils can just go there.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandrokuptos
I'm of Indian descent, and part of me feels like Tamil Nadu in India should become its own country and all the Tamils can just go there.
Here we go. If everyone started to demand their own individual country then how will they conduct global trade? Moreover its going backwards in history when there were kingdoms every few miles and as far as the eye can see will be the king's territory. Especially a country like India with a rich and diverse culture, it is not a good idea to have a seperate country for every one that speaks different language and think they're more special than the others. HINDUISM is the religion that binds India together. Without it, the country will be broken up into pieces and there will be no successful India but rather a region with many conflicts going on all the time (like it did in the old days).

new topics

top topics

join