It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to use EPA for "backdoor cap and trade scheme"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yes, he is trying to completely avoid a voting in congress that will probably fail to push cap and trade and rather is going around congress using EPA to push a version of it.

With the Clean Air Act EPA can push to regulate greenhouse gases and essentially enact a backdoor cap and trade scheme, all without a vote from Congress.

Congress never intended the Clean Air Act to regulate greenhouse gases and doing so threatens to trigger new energy taxes, greatly slow America's still-recovering economy, and send more jobs overseas to China, India, and other countries.

Is a bill in congress to stop this madness,

Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) and Representative Fred Upton (R, MI-6) have introduced "The Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011" (S. 482 in the Senate & H.R. 910 in the House) that would completely strip the EPA of its ability to use the Clean Air Act to regulate greenhouse gases, effectively stopping Obama's back door cap and trade strategy dead in its tracks.

action.freedomworks.org...

Is your hard earned money here that is in danger to be eroded because the political games that usually are never intended to help the tax payer but to enrich the pockets of those pushing agendas.

The EPA already have the supreme court decision in 2007 behind then to be able to control car emissions with the clean air act, we need congress to stop the next EPA move.

This has nothing to do with saving the enviroment or Global warming but more outsourcing of jobs and foreign intervention with the profiting for those behind this ideas and policies.

Remember we pay the prices while somebody else makes their pockets fatter

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sneaky. After climategate the US senate made it clear that cap and trade was not happening.( This an aside, but how many people remember climate gate? Do you ever hear media mention it? ) Now the Republicans have gained political power it will be almost impossible for cap and trade to ever pass. I guess they decided to find away around Congress.

There may be investment opportunity in this. The carbon exchanges, and carbon companies have collapsed in price. If the elites are so committed to this junk that they have poured money into it then it has a good possibility to be a very profitable enterprise for some in the future. Might be worth jumping on a few carbon companies like Camco International, or others while they are down. I am all in with precious metals, but if I think they top put (no time soon probably) that might be a later place to move speculative assets. Water, green energy, and carbon credits have the possibility of being the next bubbles.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

It was a lot of people that raised their hands in the air and say no to cap and trade, that is why the bill never got momentum in congress even with majority Dem, because it would have been a political suicide with the economic crisis still fresh.

But now that is a way to get around congress with the supreme court giving powers to EPA to regulate emissions this is coming back to bite the tax payer in their arses.

No votes needed. . .

I remember that when this issue of cap and trade was going in congress it was over a thousand lobbyist from all those "pro environmental" groups to be the ones to profit like pimps looking for whores in congress.

That failed.

I agree that if this happens is going to become the next bubble, at usual it will become "Too big to fail" and we the over taxed tax payers will pay for it, after all the new wealth that will be made at our expenses have to preserve for the new rich.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well this is Freedom Works. I get spam from them in my email all the time and I'm not sure why I started receiving it...but have been getting it for years. They pretty much took over the original RP tea party movement.

I don't trust Dick Armey...I think he's scum and is certainly no freedom fighter. He also has an agenda of his own and his own corporate backers. I've made a few threads about him in the past here.

Energy prices are going up regardless marg. I've never been for cap and trade. I don't want to pay more in energy prices. They are already an incredible cost in my life and most everyone else's.

Most importantly, it's not about how much it's going to cost us...it's what it's going to cost THEM. Someone stands to lose (and make) a lot of money.
edit on 11-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So clean breathable air is now bad?

I just don't get it, why is it bad to make sure that corporations don't strip every last natural resource, and polute the land air and water we all need to survive?

Why should this be ok?

Any way you cut it they will gouge the consumer whether it's through individual lawsuits that they settle out of court. Which won't make them clean up their act, or the government forces them to clean up their act. What's the difference? Least through Cap & Trade we get some deffecit lowering income into the federal budget.

And that's bad?

edit on 3/12/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I don't trust freedom works either but, sometimes they bring news that we should not ignore, the bill is real we all know that, but what is a surprise to me is that our president will go around congress to push the agenda to the point that another bill have to be created to stop that.

Is like the voters have not representation when it comes to voters wishes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I believe that we all deserve clean air, but this corporate America, corporate will get away with anything as usual as they buy the congess with lobbyist but the crap and fake is just that, to make the tax payer pay more for energy, while the world is still poluted and air stays the same, but many behind this bill will get their pockets fatter at our expenses

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I see, so your solution is to give up, because corporations will polute anyway. And to not even try to curb the problem at all, out of fear that they will make you pay more? Meanwhile, they polute with little regard to how it effects eveyone? So, you are saying tough [snip] to the environment as long as your pocketbook isnt affected?

Or maybe Cap & Trade should go through to at least do something about the problem.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A few questions:

What if he is pushing it to increase taxes?
Could tax money be used to inject economy?
Could economy potentialy lead to more money for research?
Could research lead to new inovations which Obama has been pushing fiercely?
New inovations lead to new forms of energy?

Maybe certain people might not like this?
Perhaps it would have been difficult, if not impossible (or deadly) to push something like this through normal channels?

All this by simply increasing taxes?

All purely speculative, hypothetical and only my opinion.
edit on 15-3-2011 by darius2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Great, I might as well reply to all theads tonight........synthetic microbes in the Gulf, radiation from the west and a out of control admin / congress doing what ever it takes to rake in the bucks............time for another drink.....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You don't get it, when was the last time that anything was done in this nation that is actually helping anything but the fat pockets of the elite few.

Just do that write down what government has done so far to help you and me lately.

Crap and fake is just that another corporate America scam.

edit on 15-3-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Wait, everyone on FOX News loves to say how Obama is anti business, so how can he possibly be both anti business and want to only help the rich?

That makes no sense, like how Glenn Beck says that Obama is both Communist and Fascist. Just can't be both.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Obama was never anti busisness all politicians are bought by corporate interest including our presidents, I know is hard to understand this way of American politics but their records speaks for themselves and you don't need the media to tell you that, corporate media is there to confuse and to manipuate public opinion.

Money talks and BS walk.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Weren't Republicans originally FOR Cap and Trade before Obama agreed to it?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bobber

Weren't Republicans originally FOR Cap and Trade before Obama agreed to it?

Probably, one way to guarantee the destruction of the GOP platform is if Obama endorses it. It's like the GOP was all for the No Fly Zone in Libya, till Obama did a no fly zone in Libya, then they had to be against it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
while it is a slimy action indeed, when it comes to talking about "our hard earned money" being at risk, it's(the USD) already on life support. i stopped blaming obama specifically a long time ago, because he's doing exactly what his HANDLERS want. and those handlers aren't the citizens. when will we correct this sinking ship? i dont know.

new topics

top topics

join