It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The San Pedro Poltergeist Case

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
Hung from a nail? Wouldn't the nail break/bend with full human weight on it? I find it a bit odd as well that he didn't take the thing around his neck off until he was down. I think any person would have done that first, and probably jump down the hole, not just climb down. Unless it was twisted or something were he couldn't take it off, but it looked like he was able to.

That's a fair point. But have a look at the pictures (particularly the first video I provided as it shows images), It can clearly be seen the cord is fully stretched as It's hung from the nail and from being around his neck.

And Another fair point, I know I myself would probably jump down if I could, but from going from the video, It was a small hole, It's not like he could exactly jump down it.

Also, let's not forget he doesn't even seem to know what just happened here (I believe he blacked out for a couple of seconds while he was being attacked). He didn't even know he had something around his neck until he felt It there after all.

And yes, I believe the witnesses whom were there, as well as wheatcraft himself, say It was actually twisted around his neck.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I typically dismiss 'orbs', and laugh at the idiots who claim a moth flying by is a 'spirit'. BUT...those tiny lights that were flying around Jackie were NOT insects, dust or reflections. They really seemed to have an intelligence behind them.

Hey, thanks for your post!

I agree, in fact sometime last year I wrote a thread discussing my dismay at Orb images/videos and the like. 99% of them are laughable in my personal really. It's just the small percentage - as I came to learn that do truly seem to be something truly fitting into the definition of "paranormal."

I'm looking for a link connected to what you said above right now as well btw. I can distinctively remember reading about the orbs captured in this case here. According to the article I was reading, they were looked at by professionals - and skeptics and all of them were baffled by what they saw. If my memory serves me correct that is. You see, the strange lights were actually self illuminating according to those whom were in positions to give credible opinions of such things and they certainly weren't insects or anything like that.

It really was a great read, I'll post it if I find the article.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slinki
reply to post by Rising Against

Excellent thread! I remember seeing a special on this case some time ago, and being completely blown away by the events that occurred there. Especially the blood plasma seeping from the walls... wow!

Thanks for the post.

Here, you may find this interesting:

Then there were the reports of some form of ectoplasmic ooze that seemed to drip down from various places in the home. While the team investigated, the ooze manifested itself. Barry Conrad quickly managed to catch that on tape. The ooze was studied and taken to a forensics lab at UCLA. The results were that it was human blood plasma with high levels of iodine and copper. It’s important to note that the team reported smelling like rust or oxidation when entering the home. There was also the overwhelming stench of decomposing matter, which is a good indicator of a haunting.
(Source)

I love cases like this too btw! I suppose it is a good thing that there is only a handful of them though still.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Found it..I had the wrong title..

edit on 12-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well put together thread Rising Against
I saw this as a documentary a few years back im a beliver of the paranormal not all the cases.. Some i think are just out for the money and tv apperances..But i belive this one to be the real deal there is alot of people involved with lots of good pictures and its been well investagated and i also find this story to be fascinating. I just cant imagine liveing in that house i would be horrified on so many levels i would have left that residence as soon as it started.. But in her case she did and it followed her.. im not sure all "poltergeist" are peoples imagines i dont belive this case was..thanks for the good read S&F~~~cookie

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Hey.

Agreed. I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to most cases, this one being one of the very few I'll actually come out and say - "I think this is genuine paranormal phenomenon" - and that's due to all that I mentioned in my OP. and yeah, I agree again, as far as I'm aware Jackie Hernandez herself didn't contact any investigators in the first place, It was her neighbor who did so after previously seeing the Full body Apparitions. Even then Jackie didn't directly contact them right away. As far as I know, It was around a month after It was recommended to her and the activity was increasing. Which to me doesn't immediately give the impression she was in it for the fame or money. Even today she isn't really famous, but instead the case is - as it should be.

The second time around though is when she called them - and that was after a frantic phone call to them about horrendous activity occurring which is where the alleged attempted hanging occurred also. The previous night Jackie Hernandez reports that she felt as though she was being smothered in her bed by "an unknown force" which is interesting as it was consecutive nights that something of that nature occurred.

In regards to poltergeist activity that you mentioned, I have my own theories on them to be perfectly honest. I may start up a new thread one day to share them and hopefully discuss them with others but I'm a strong believer that poltergeist activity is affected by the agent (Whom is the said person being the main source of the activity). At the same time, I do believe they are real activity stemming from a genuine "ghostly" source. Like I said, I may make a separate thread discussing it in more detail.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This case certainly seems to be the real mccoy, but I am intrigued by the possibility that poltergeist and other activity can possibly manifest itself through ones state of mind

That possibility could maybe explain some of the so called " paranormal " events that occured after my mums suicide. I was in a state of turmoil within and that's when the poltergeist activity here really was at its most active.

Not just that...blood appeared in my bath, completely random and out of nowhere. I know there are many explanations for unexplained blood sightings, but so many other weird events were occuring at the same time, including a succession of dead birds appearing in the garden, and in the same place.

Had I actually manifested all this ???

Anyway thanks for this spooky read RA, I'm sure that whatever happened was real, whatever the hell caused it!!

Oh and would I spend the night in that attic ???
NO WAY BABY !!

xx

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I understand that you don't agree with me but that's what makes this subject interesting. We all, those who study the subject seriously at least, agree that the polt is a real phenomenon but we can debate, without resorting to insults as some do, on what causes them and why they happen to some types of families more than others...
"If we all agreed with one another about everything, what a boring world we would live in..."

Agreed it does make it interesting (
) but I'm a little confused by what you said here to be perfectly honest. You said previously you don't feel they are "spirits of the dead" (citing your first reply) but you are now saying here that "the polt is a real phenomenon." So, bearing this in mind, I have to ask the question, what do you personally feel they are? Since they aren't a spiritual phenomenon but they are certainly real..

Also, don't you agree, with such experiments like the Philip Aylesford experiment" that I previously mentioned, Poltergeist activity could at the very least be exasperated simply through acknowledging It's own existence or maybe simply focusing on it more in any way what so ever?

...Just a thought I had is all.

I think you're right about the Toronto Society For Psychical Research Philip experiments. They created his life story, gave him a persona and then tried to contact him which was a success. They created him a bit like some can create Tulpas or thought forms. As for your question about poltergeists... I think they are an exterialisation of the subconscious mind which somehow uses certain peoples tension and energy to throw tantrums in the immediate environment of the focus. I know nobody has touched on it here on this thread but the most interesting thing in spontaneous poltergeist outbreaks are not the movement of objecrts but the loud hollow bumps which sound like they are made on a bass drum yet they originate from plastered walls and ceilings. I find them truly amazing as its impossible to replicate! Another case which a friend of mine studied here in the north west of England was pretty amazing as the polt made it rain indoors in the kitchen...
They are fascinating things to study but I think the only way to discover what we're dealing with is to debate the subject and swap stories and personal experiences without resulting to insults as some tend to do.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

They are fascinating things to study but I think the only way to discover what we're dealing with is to debate the subject and swap stories and personal experiences without resulting to insults as some tend to do.

Couldn't agree more.

Theres no place for name calling or belittlement. It benefits absolutely no one. And is gets us no closer to the truth.

Interesting story btw, very interesting indeed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Thanks for taking the time to find it! It's hugely appreciated.

Just watching now, It's interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I remember this documentary! There was a side gate that they filmed opening and closing and strange things started happening at the investigator’s home. In the documentary I can still remember how upset Jackie was when a smudge mark showed up the baby’s cheek. She kept repeating, while they were out on the porch, it’s time to go. Thank you for bringing this one back!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
yea star and flag for you

this is one of the first cases ive actually taken time to look into since im kinda new to ghost hunting and things of that nature, i watched a video of this case and couldnt believe everything at first now though i believe it all

i think we have a genuine haunting on our hands here, personally like it was stated i dont believe any man who inflict serve pain on themselves that could result in death just to help portray a prank.

this is a place im putting on a list that i would like to investigate one day

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Quest11

Yeah, the scar appearing on the 4 month old baby's forehead appeared to be the last straw for Jackie Hernandez. As It would be for most. It would scare the hell out of me anyway, lol.

Anyway, glad I "brought this case back for you" too.

It's fascinating..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

i think we have a genuine haunting on our hands here, personally like it was stated i dont believe any man who inflict serve pain on themselves that could result in death just to help portray a prank.

Hmm, well, I suppose it is possible still. But, as far as I know, Wheatcraft didn't have enough time to actually do much harm to himself when he was up in the attic. It all seemed to "kick off" way too quickly you see. And let's not forget the images we have clearly show him being pulled and with his arms facing down all the while the cord is being pulled up etc.

I just really doubt he could've done it himself to be completely honest.

this is a place im putting on a list that i would like to investigate one day

You should reconsider that!

Many of the investigators, including those being discussed in this thread, report being "followed" to there own homes (which is a scary thought) after an investigation at this house. It's one of the very few where I've ever heard of this happening also.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Whether this is a genuine case or fraudulent...my kudos to the OP for such a thoughtful and well-done initial post. This is a fine example of what a new thread should be like. S&F

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coach Knight
Whether this is a genuine case or fraudulent...my kudos to the OP for such a thoughtful and well-done initial post. This is a fine example of what a new thread should be like. S&F

Thank you!

Out of pure curiosity though, what do you think of this case?

I'm personally a believer in it you see, so It would be interesting to hear your thoughts, particularly if you were a skeptic to be perfectly honest.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Very good thread,Star and Flagged

I remember watching this on TV,back in the day.
Still gives me goosebumps,actually.I lived in a house that had an entity also. I actually lived in two homes,but the one that I lived in as a child,was the worst. Old polish flat,made in 1894. Remember very found memory's of seeing black shadows,spirits,etc.... My father decided to renovate the attic,which had electrical wires,live wires exposed throughout the floor. I remember finding old Saturday evening posts,bottles,and old potatoes,childrens trinkets, underneath the floorboards.Being an old Polish flat,many familys lived in the house at the same time,from basement to attic.Very real entitys would haunt my family over the years.Just a negative place to live. My sister finally died in the house.17 years old,caught meningitis.In one day she was dead. I always thought the house,or its entitys had a play in it.They wouldnt be satisfied without seeing life taken,before we moved.Didnt want to derail the thread,but these storys hit home for me.I very much believe in them.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Didnt want to derail the thread,but these storys hit home for me.I very much believe in them.

Oh, don't worry, I didn't see your post as a derailment or anything like that. It was an interesting tale you shared in fact, and my sincere condolences to your sister too btw.

I've seen a couple of "odd" things in the house I'm living in as well, more so in the previous 2 though (The first of which was when I and my cousin both heard a woman clearly call my name - the voice coming from somewhere upstairs when we was the only 2 in the house - which we checked for. This when I was around 10/12 I believe. The second instance where I and my 2 cousins this time both saw "something" in the hallway we'll say. And It pretty much scared the hell out of me.
)

Nothing serious in this house though, although the odd occurrence does seem to occur still. Most recently a month or so ago footsteps getting repeatedly faster and slower coming from the nearby walk in wardrobe could clearly be heard. Among others experiences.

Thank you for sharing your story Sonnny1.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

No problem. I could probably write my own thread,considering ALL the strange going ons in the house I was raised in. I think entity's/shadow people love to terrorize the young,feeding off the vulnerable. To be in a constant state of fear,for a majority of your young life,because of the supernatural is just wrong,IMHO. My parents new of the terrors,but chalked them up to being a kid,afraid of the dark. Both of them have told me on occasions though,they KNEW something was in the house. On topic,I watched that video,and it gave me shivers once again.You can see Jeff,the photographer,and the fear in his eyes. You dont forget that fear.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If you decide to start that thread, I know I for one would read it.

In regards to Poltergeists btw, personally I think It really does have a great deal to do with a "state of mind" - more than anything else really - which explains why in most serious poltergeist cases, the agent is one whom has suffered through tremendous mental damage in the past, such as physical abuse for example.

In other serious cases though - children being the enter of attention. Maybe not due to damage but perhaps being down to nothing short of possessing "a lesser strong state of mind."

Anyway, I mean, just look at the similarities of 3 of the most serious cases on record - We have Jackie Hernandez with this case for example, Dorothy Bither with the entity case, and also Esther Cox from the Amherst Poltergeist case. All seemingly suffering through an unsavory background and all seemingly having something of a weak state of mind (Obviously not there own fault though ofc.) due to there unsavory backgrounds and then suffering through high paranormal activity.

When It comes to Children - My argument would be there simply not as strong minded as a full fledged adult thus being another "primary target" for activity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join