It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival of the fittest..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Excellent post to remind us all that physical health is important.

You're right that it gets skipped too often in our fast paced lives. It's hard to blame people, though. They just got too much going on. But changing 15 to 20 minutes every 3 days in a week is plausible for most people but they don't have the knowledge they need to use those spare minutes productively. That's why your thread is so useful. You give some purposeful links about where to start. I'd suggest people buy some books about physical fitness or perhaps you could link something. I find reading a book to be more comfortable than reading links on the net.

Exercise compliments learning. A fit person is a smarter person. Our brains need fit bodies to be at their optimum. Just a reminder to people who think their bodies don't matter. They do. Not just for the outdoors. Our body needs oxygen and circulation to clean away waste that collects and to keep the heart and respiratory system healthy. They know through research that exercise boost our mood and even our intellect and that children already know this. That's why kids are bouncing off walls. When we grow older we stop doing that, but really we should learn how to bounce off walls again but without hurting anyone or causing disorder. We're all adults, we can figure it out!
edit on 13-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I could recommend thousands of books.. But that would be useless without knowing what everyone's specific goals are..But regardless of your goals, or current fitness level..I think that everyone would benefit from reading this one..Strength training anatomy ..

You could also pick up some fitness magazines..These are great for quick reference's..And often have great articles on building strength.. Muscle digest is a great one.

If you would rather obtain this information for free. I would visit the articles section on Bodybuilding.com..This site has a extensive article section that covers just about everything there is to know about working out..From routines, to nutrition..It has it all.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The way I look at it being about 40 pounds overweight will give me some fat to burn.

What are you skinny guys gonna do?

Seriously though other than that I am in excellent health. The change in environment and eating habits will take care of that 40 pounds quick!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
The way I look at it being about 40 pounds overweight will give me some fat to burn.

What are you skinny guys gonna do?

Seriously though other than that I am in excellent health. The change in environment and eating habits will take care of that 40 pounds quick!

Possibly. But dropping a lot of weight so fast in this type of environment..Would be anything but healthy..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Thank god for the right to bear arms.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuddyMclean
Thank god for the right to bear arms.

Agreed..Even though weapons have very little to do with this thread..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Mornin' again!
Just wanted to thank you for the advice and schedule. Did my first day of strength training and it really was a breeze in that it did not take a whole lot of time (which is nice even though I do work from home) and it got me going first thing with some physical excercise.

Really appreciate the time you took to respond to me. I think this is something that I will be able to do easily to obtain the goal I wish to shoot for.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Glad I could help!..
Best advice I could give you now is this, Stick to it.. Keep going.. And when it becomes to easy, Change it up to avoid boredom with the routine..I recommend changing it up every 8-12 weeks..

With a diet high in protein, and a moderate carbohydrate intake.. You will reach your goals in no time..

And as always, Any questions you may have..Please feel free to ask.
edit on 14-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ahh, the average tax payer cannot afford to reproduce but all of those entitlement people can and do as they get more bucks from the government for each little entitlement baby, sad but true, in another generation there will be nothing but them and who will pay to support them?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyrson
Ahh, the average tax payer cannot afford to reproduce but all of those entitlement people can and do as they get more bucks from the government for each little entitlement baby, sad but true, in another generation there will be nothing but them and who will pay to support them?

What the hell are you talking about ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join