It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch for "File Footage" related to tsunami....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I was just watching some of the so called "live" footage of the tsunami and they do look alot like the Indonesian videos. I am not saying that there is not damage from this, but in an effort to sensationalize this, make it seem worse than it is, IMO they are using footage from other events. They have done it from time to time, on more mundane, everyday events and I think they are doing it now. Some of the footage I feel is genuine, but...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
But.....what were you going to continue to say?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've seen a couple of videos posted today, reporting to be from todays Japan quake, but they're cleary from the NZ quake from the other week. So yes, watch your sources people.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by flashcube

Yah, they kept showing the same footage over and over. I don't know if it wasn't from Japan, just saying they had the footage on a loop. I understand that everyone was getting the same footage from the same company, but, c'mon release more footage.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by flashcube

This footage does not seem to be constantly repeated.

Have a look...

www.ustream.tv...

Its covering the fires mostly, at the moment.

edit on 11-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
thats why i was only watching live feeds. i watched the live feed of the tsunami taking out the coast of japan this AM it was amazing(and i don't mean that in a 'yay' way, but in a destructive way. it was really something to see).

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
But.....what were you going to continue to say?

....but, I have no way at this time to verify. Sorry, had a very small interuption over here and had to step away momentarily.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

That is the same live stream I am watching via CNN's page

www.cnn.com...

This stream has two other videos attached to the right - One for Tsunami threat in California, and one for Hawaii
I keep flipping between the three as the day unfolds.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Can someone tell me if it is indeed daytime over there right now? I checked and I am getting 12;05 am in Japan. I am wrong...correct?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"test footage" in the upper lefthand corner, just appeared on one of the videos. Havent seen "test" footage before. I have seen "file" footage, on news videos of days gone by though.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arista

Yeah but its closer to the source is it not, given that its not in english.

Theres that much information coming from all over its hard to get a clear idea.

Ack, my heads bursting, ive been watching about 6 feeds, 3 webcams and reading threads etc for over 6 hours.

Think its time for a break.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
aww we all know that without decent footage the media will bend and use old footage of other similar events.

It's not a conspiracy, just lousy reporting....

At least they're not soliciting money from people with imags of other events, to procure funds for a specific event.

In this case.... so far....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Arista

Yeah but its closer to the source is it not, given that its not in english.

Theres that much information coming from all over its hard to get a clear idea.

Ack, my heads bursting, ive been watching about 6 feeds, 3 webcams and reading threads etc for over 6 hours.

Think its time for a break.

Yes, you are right and really I probably should have not started a "thread" for this by itself, but other threads about htis are moving so fast, that I thought it would get overlooked. Thankyou for your time!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

The stream I am watching flips from Japanese to English in cycles.. I prefer the Japanese to be honest - no I can't understand what is being said, but it sounds "prettier", lol.

Geesh - Go take a break!! 6 hours is a long time to be immersed in all this information

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This should help with the time line for California and the direction of the waves...Tsunami Waves Time Line

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Thankyou for sharing this. Awsome footage though, I thought they just showed the Int'l airport. It appears pretty bad. Wasnt the airport built on a manmade island?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here is the Japan earthquake tsunami spreading
www.youtube.com.../c/3/PBZGH3yieLc
edit on 11-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

nctr.pmel.noaa.gov...
edit on 11-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join