Ron Paul: No-fly Zone Over Libya Would be an Act of War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Ron Paul: No-fly Zone Over Libya Would be an Act of War

www.infowars.com

On the House floor Thursday, Rep. Ron Paul pointed out that imposing a so-called no-fly zone on Libya would be illegal under international law and an act of war.
“I’m preparing to introduce a resolution next week, and it’s a sense of Congress, that the executive branch can’t do this without approval from the Congress,” said Paul.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Paul is one of 10 House members who sponsored a resolution earlier in the week to direct the president to remove U.S. troops from Afghanistan.
“We have to remember, a no-fly zone is an act of war,” he noted. “You can’t just all of a sudden turn a switch and say don’t fly over Libya. You have to bomb a lot of anti-aircraft sites and a lot of military establishment. So the war is on.”
“Now, what moral right do we have to participate in war activity against Libya?” he asked. “Libya hasn’t done anything to the United States. It would be foolish, it would have a downside, and we should think very, very carefully before we go expanding the wars that we’re already involved in.”

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Obama is desperate to save his historical failure of a presidency, even if that means another illegal war, for "humanitarian" reasons that is. Ron Paul is right though, (just like he is right on everything) it's none of our business to get involved, if they want freedom let them earn it!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

this mindset might stop the U.S. from doing anything war like without the 2/3 vote of congress like the founding fathers put into that crazy piece of paper that we go by or are spose to here in the U.S.

with a mindset like these how are we as the U.S. gonna to invade or control using are military on other places .

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Obama is desperate to save his historical failure of a presidency, even if that means another illegal war, for "humanitarian" reasons that is. Ron Paul is right though, (just like he is right on everything) it's none of our business to get involved, if they want freedom let them earn it!

while ron paul is right I still think if obama or who ever controls the power wants an illegel war they will have one ,nothing ever stoped it from happening in what like over the past 50 years or so .

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ron Paul has continually expressed concern in the people, liberty and our affairs as a country. Time and again, he has pointed out the failures in our monetary policy, economic policy, and our foreign policy. Going over to Libya and imposing a no " fly zone ", is adherently dangerous.

If Congress as a whole would stop and listen to Ron Paul and his reasonings behind his thought process ( bare in mind, generally based off of the Constitution ) , we'd be in alot better shape.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JO-ET

America doesn't have the money though, if they want another war they would have to ask China first and I don't see that happening.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Indeed, but people will only listen to him when it's too late. Although I see a lot of people warming up to his ideas, I don't see it happening fast enough.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

On the contrary though, from what I heard, he's been gaining ground and momentum because of the internet messages he does. But we will see. Likely to be the candidate for 2012.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ron Paul is only telling it as it is.

NFZ is AN ACT OF WAR.

There is no way to sanitize war or the need to. It is an agressive act and humans lose their precious lives on all sides. Thus the need to be very careful when committing such acts, and it has to be the very last option left, to save more lives that would be gone if nothing is done.

And with regards to Libya, it is indeed the last option left. There are enough evidences, witnesses, testimonials and documents pertaining to the horrors and atrocities committed by Gaddafi and sons. The world's humanity had respectfully request that he step down, and some had even offered him a safe haven.

But he refused, and committed even further atrocities, not against a foreign enemy, but his very own people that he had ruled and robbed for 42 years. He used his military resources to his best advantage, tanks, missiles, helicopters, aircrafts, etc against an untrained civilian force.

While it may be questionable if the civilian force will win, the advantages held by the beast and sons will mean only even more precious human lives lost.

The only solution left is to wage war upon the beast reviled by every human on Earth, to prevent him from shedding more blood.

But it is NOT a wage for US to wage, or France, or UK or Germany. Ron Paul was right to put it in that light. That responsiblity is not those country's alone, for at stake is salvation of our kind - mankind.

Each and every nation on Earth must SHARE that responsibility, and work as one in accord to destroy a man and his minions turned beasts. Anyone who turns a blind eye to the tragedy happening in Libya is an accomplice to many more innocent deaths - our fellow Libyan brothers and sisters whom have to defend themselves from the beast who robbed the nation's wealth to buy arms supplied by the world and protect not the people, but only himself.

If the world leaders cannot work in accord or even agree to this solution, then they are truly inept and incapable of helping anyone else but themselves, for one day, they too may become like the Libyans and placed in a disadvantageous position of doom to its own people, and no one else will bother, but turn a blind eye.

Even though we mankind have many differences, we do share the same common aspirations, and we can only achieve it by working together, not against one another, so that none gets left behind...

But its all moot. NFZ is not going to happen. The world leaders had not been able to work together, to convince each other of the need for it, and pushing the buck of irresponsibility on the geneocide of our Libyan brothers and sisters to each other.

Not only will Libyans will remember this incident, but every human on Earth will remember the ineptitude of the presumed world 'leaders', of their preening and posturing, but have no substance to lead mankind at all, and if given time, things will change or have to change.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't understand why some people are so eager to impose a "no fly zone" and get involved militarily. Of course Ghadaffy is an evil despot, but do we really know the rebels will be any better? Who, exactly, is leading the rebels, and what sort of government will they end up forming?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
After humanity's blind eyes to Rwanda, Tibet, Darfur, Burma and a whole lot of our fellow human brothers and sisters from other nations seeking for international military assistance against well armed opressors went unhindered, and many died, I thought perhaps we may had evolved after those tragedies were brought to world's attention.

But...no...Guess I was...wrong. We didn't change. We are too self centred to care. The few who care are just too few to make a difference.

Still, I wish all the best in the trials to come. And those who care, share that love with your loved ones, for nobody knows what tomorrow will bring, but we still have today and each day can be a special day that will linger within our consciousness for eternity.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LS650

And thats the point that Ron is trying to make. That fundamentally speaking, the economic policy, foreign policy and the monetary policy will strained even further than it already is. Regardless of what people may be brainwashed to believe about Libya, Ron made an accurate comment, that Libya has done nothing to us. No acts of aggression, ...nothing. Therefore, there is no need for the military ' might " of the US to even get involved.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

i think if the elites funded the war to make more money the U.S. would still go to war/invade someone.

the rich bankers /elites have always gain money from wars and have gave money to those in the war on both sides even to profit from war.

so while yes i do think the U.S. dosent have the money to do it in the sane persons eyes . but i don't think it puts it off the table of one of the things that cant happen do to the trillions we are in the hole.

I hope im wrong but it seems anything is possible when it comes to war and/ or money .
edit on 11-3-2011 by JO-ET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ron Paul was right and telling the truth. Gaddafi had done nothing to hurt or harm USA.

He also had not not done anything to UK. He did nothing to france. To Europe. To the arabs leagues. To russia. To china. To asia. To australia. Nothing. Ziltch.

Absolutely no reason AT ALL to antagonise or get involve in Libya. Everyone is feeling the pinch anyway.

All Gaddifi did was to mass murder his own unarmed citizens who only pleaded for succor from their sufferings, and for that, many more were tortured, mained, murdered and terrified into silence.

If that's ok with you, then by all means, its your life. Just don't come knocking on my door if you ever get into any fights or alley stabs, or while you are lying in a pool blood, blame others for ignoring you and walking by. They only learnt from you.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
At Present, Libya is a sovereign nation having diplomats around the world, embassies, treaties, intentional trade, and a central ruling government. And they are having a civil war. The world needs to stand aside and let Libya work out it's own internal problems. When the dust clears, we can then buy oil from the victor.

I do not support American action in that nation.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Good. Next time a robber grabs your wallet or your valuables, or you are stabbed and woulded, and I see the robber running past me, I will jus walk away. You have the police, the medical authorities or your elected representative to solve the problems for you. I will not support any action for you.

Thanks for teaching me what to do in the event if it happens to you. I will remember your words and remember well.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Libya simply isnt our problem. They pose zero threat to us.

Using any public funds to impose anything on that nation would be a violation of the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne

Libya simply isnt our problem. They pose zero threat to us.

Using any public funds to impose anything on that nation would be a violation of the Constitution.

You are simply not my problem. You pose zero threat to me.

Using any public funds to impose anything on you would be a violation of the Constitution.

So, can I have back my direct and indirect taxes for funding social expenditure for you and the likes of you - education, healthcare, infrastructure, civil services, military, police, etc, etc...?
edit on 11-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Were you trying to make a point there?

If so, you didnt get the job done.

On a side note, I would prefer all of us get out money back from each and every unconstitutional expenditure the government makes.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join