It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear emergency as Fukushima cooling system fails after Japan quake!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
true. I saw the report on the seawater method. Seems that the saltwater will become contaminated and they will need to deal with that issue as well. Can't just let it back into the sea

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
true. I saw the report on the seawater method. Seems that the saltwater will become contaminated and they will need to deal with that issue as well. Can't just let it back into the sea

Yeah its going to be a huge issue IMHO. because you cannot let it sit there you have to circulate it. for it to do any good. But given the damage to the whole area, I doubt they have overflow storage or if they did it is intact.

Edit: Im betting they release it to the sea. They may not have a choice
edit on 3/12/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
according to Japan meteorlogical agency, 70% chance of 7.0+ magintuted quake hitting japan in the next 3 days. If it is anyone near the reactors and if they havent gone into meltdown by then ( lets hope they don't ) then i fear the results could be disastrous

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Forgive my ignorance on this, but could someone please explain if this could affect the U.S. in any way seriously? I see so many people in a panic on other forums and I'm looking for just the truth, not the hype.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
Forgive my ignorance on this, but could someone please explain if this could affect the U.S. in any way seriously? I see so many people in a panic on other forums and I'm looking for just the truth, not the hype.

A cloud of radioactivity could theoretically make its way over here IF there was a major explosion that puts the radiation into the jet stream, but seriously I wouldn't worry about that. Chernobyl was really messy and it didn't travel that far, though it dd reach Scotland.

But considering the size of Japan and population density, something like Chernobyl size would be devastation

I would be more concerned about plants near the San Andreas fault getting hit at some future earthquake

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you!
2nd line

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk
Three more after shocks since I last looked

13-MAR-2011 07:04:36 38.33 144.13 5.6 18.8 OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
13-MAR-2011 05:59:53 37.07 141.41 4.9 26.1 NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
13-MAR-2011 05:55:06 38.38 142.09 4.9 25.0 NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

www.iris.edu...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well tole you guy's yesterday that their would cool this thread down within 24 hour
DIvide it
see not only youtube has the big hand on them

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Not good.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And Al gore and obama want to shut down the coal industry.hmmm at least coal dosnt make you glow int he dark* let alone break out in tumors.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't think I will be getting out a lead suit and CBRN protective suit anytime soon about this.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
And Al gore and obama want to shut down the coal industry.hmmm at least coal dosnt make you glow int he dark* let alone break out in tumors.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Well tole you guy's yesterday that their would cool this thread down within 24 hour
DIvide it
see not only youtube has the big hand on them

Your full of it. Threads cool down because the info doesn't change so fast anymore after the main event and people have a short attention span and go on to something else.

No one needs to do anything... the apathy of the people is more than enough. People on facebook don't even care at all

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Okay now that second video is scary... seems one of the reactors in trouble is using a new experimental fuel using plutonium instead of uranium?

That is certainly one to watch

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
To many threads to keep up...

From another thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Regenmacher
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/921f7a12d617.jpg[/atsimg]

The following article indicates winds blowing to the from the Fukushima nuclear plant have contaminated the Onagawa nuclear plant, which is about 100 miles away to the North. If true, then the radioactive contamination zone is much larger than their current evacuation zones. This speculative contamination zone would include the prefectures of Ibaraki, Tochigi, Fukushima, Miyagi, Yamageta with over 5 million people that are being exposed to high levels of deadly radiation.

Onagawa Plant Radiation Levels Due to Wind: Officials

he International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the U.N.'s nuclear agency, said earlier that Japan had declared a state of emergency at the Onagawa nuclear power plant. An investigation into the source of the over-the-limit radioactivity at the Onagawa power plant turned up a natural source: wind. The Onagawa nuclear power plant has three reactors.

Authorities now say that the increased nuclear radiation around the Onagawa power plant is due to radioactive material blown from the neartby Fukushima Power Plant, which had one reactor unit explode on Saturday. The explosion appears to have been caused by a buildup of hydrogen gas in the containment unit around the reactor vessel. The reactor itself was not damaged, authorities say.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
*UPDATE*

I am hearing about a 2nd explosion!

Second explosion rips through Fukushima reactor complex

There has been another major explosion at the Fukushima Daiichi plant in the No 3 reactor, which is fueled by plutonium oxide and uranium oxide.

The No 1 Daiichi reactor lost its roof and most of its outer walls in an explosion on Saturday afternoon. It is fueled by uranium rods.

The explosion occurred just after a helicopter crew was reported as having sighted a three metre high tsunami wave front racing toward the Honshu coastline. That report has since been withdrawn as false by media in Japan.

edit on 13-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Holly Crap That is a big blast... did they say #3, the experimental fuel reactor? This does NOT look good

Yup they did!!!

There has been another major explosion at the Fukushima Daiichi plant in the No 3 reactor, which is fueled by plutonium oxide and uranium oxide.

This is going to be messy
edit on 13-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, #3.

This is terrible!

edit on 13-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It's amazing to me how quickly they are dismissing the scale of damage and possible risk.

That makes me MORE nervous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join